BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2012 3:07 pm  #1

Sherlock Holmes Quiz (31/05/12)

Well, here it is. I hope all the questions are correctly written, if there is any doubt or mistake from my part, please tell me and I'll do my best to clarify it.
All the questions are about the BBC episodes. I'll give you until next Monday, 4th of June, at 10 p.m. Spanish time 
Have fun!

1. In Study in Pink, why does Sherlock deduce Clara is Harry's wife?

2. In Study in Pink, what did Sherlock prove Angelo was doing instead of commiting a triple murder?

3. In The Blind Banker, what did Mrs Hudson thought Sherlock wanted so many books for?

4. In The Great Game, how much weight does Sherlock say Molly has put on since he last saw her?

5. In The Great Game, what was the name of Connie Prince's cat?

6. In Scandal in Belgravia, what Christmas Carol is Sherlock playing at the beginning of the Christmas party?

7. In Scandal in Belgravia, what was the combination of numbers to open Irene Adler's safe and what did they stand for?

8. In The Hounds of Baskerville, what was the name of Henry's therapist?

9. In The Reichenbach Fall, what did Sherlock say Moriarty was doing during the trial?

10. In The Reichenbach Fall, how many times did Scotland Yard ask Sherlock for help, according to Anderson?

Last edited by Irene_Adler (June 1, 2012 6:44 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 4:17 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock Holmes Quiz (31/05/12)

This is a very good quiz!
I have probably got many of these wrong, but...
1. John's phone was a present from a brother/sister who had been married to Clara (xxx and the value of it)
2. Car Jacking
3.Collecting for charity
4. 5 pounds? (huge Guess!)
5. I have absolutely no idea!
6. Deck the halls?
7. 32,24,43 (her measurements)
8.Dr. Louise Mortimer
9. Advertising to criminals
10. 20 to 30? (Another slight guess)

I will revise answers (especially to Q5!) over next week as I have a half-term break from school!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

May 31, 2012 7:29 pm  #3

Nice job, Molly. But yes, you should revise... half of your answers.
There's time until Monday, don't worry

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 8:35 pm  #4

Well, I'm winning so far!! 

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

May 31, 2012 8:55 pm  #5

Molly Hooper wrote:

Well, I'm winning so far!! 

Yes, you are 

May 31, 2012 10:06 pm  #6

Watch me dance!!!  great questions Irene!!   

Because of the expense of the phone and the  engraving--  it had three x's  on it.

2. In Study in Pink, what did Sherlock prove Angelo was doing instead of commiting a triple murder?

Angelo was breaking into houses. Note!!  this is from the 90 minute version, ok?   

3. In The Blind Banker, what did Mrs Hudson thought Sherlock wanted so many books for?

"sherlock, are we collecting  for charity? "

4. In The Great Game, how much weight says Sherlock Molly had put on since he last saw her?
he said 3 pounds.   

Sekhmet. Named after  the Egyptian goddess. 

6. In Scandal in Belgravia, what Christmas Carol is Sherlock playing at the beginning of the Christmas party?
"We wish you a merry christmas" 

7. In Scandal in Belgravia, what was the combination of numbers to open Irene Adler's safe and what did they stand for?
32, 24, 34-- her body measurements 

Dr. Louise Mortimer   

9. In The Reichenbach Fall, what did Sherlock say Moriarty was doing during the trial?
He said Jim was  advertising , all through the trial,  showing the world
what He  can do.

10. In The Reichenbach Fall, how many times did Scotland Yard ask Sherlock for help, according to Anderson?
20 or 30 times.   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 2, 2012 8:42 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 1, 2012 3:07 am  #7

I'll get on it right away Ma'am.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 1, 2012 6:46 am  #8

I've edited my first message to correct one of the questions (language thing, you know)
Thanks, Kazza

June 1, 2012 6:55 am  #9

1. Because of the kisses on the engraving and the fact that the phone was an expensive model therefore more likely to come from a wife than a girlfriend

2. In another part of town house breaking

3. Collecting for charity

4. 3 lb

5. Cet Met

6. We Wish You A Merry Christmas (And A Happy New Year)

7. 32 28 34 (I think) and they were her measurements

8. Dr Mortimer

9. Advertising

10. 20 or 30

Fun questions - thanks!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 2, 2012 11:52 pm  #10

Oh geez Sunday already here, I'll get on this today. Truly I will! Just passing through & bumping it for those who haven't had a chance to do this yet.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

June 4, 2012 9:51 pm  #11

Ok, it's 23:45 here, I am late (I was watching Doctor Who, sorry)
These are the answers I was looking for:

Because the phone was expensive. The three kisses tell him it's a romantic attachment, he deduces wife because of the cost of the phone.

He was at a different part of the town housebreaking.

Collecting for charity.

4. In The Great Game, how much weight says Sherlock Molly had put on since he last saw her?
Three pounds. She says two and a half, but Sherlock insists on three.

Sekhmet.

We wish you a Merry Christmas.

32-24-34 Her measurements.

Dr. Louise Mortimer

Advertising.

10. In the Reichenbach Fall, how many times did Scotland Yard ask Sherlock for help, according to Anderson?
Twenty or thirty.

Hope you enjoyed it.
Sherlockskitty has nine and a half correct answers (Angelo was in another part of town, important bit), Sherlock Holmes has eight and a half (Irene's measurements were 32-24-34 and Sekhmet...) and Molly has five (2, 4, 5, 6 and 7 are incorrect, sorry my dear).

Who is doing next?

June 5, 2012 12:28 am  #12

I  will post a quiz,  but not here in this thread.   I'll use my  own quiz thread.   see you  there.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 5, 2012 12:30 am)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 3:18 am  #13

OH IRENE! I am so sorry, I got halfway through mine & then 'family matters' invaded a bit. Excellent questions & answers by the way. Nicely researched for the exact wording.

Looks like kitty has claimed next weekly quiz spot  so we'll wait for that but everyone else please speak up or message one of the staff if you would like to have a turn also. I love to see lots of different ideas & angles.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 7:33 am  #14

Don't worry, Kazza, real life sometimes messes up everything

I'm glad you liked it. Next time I make a quiz, I think I'll try with the canon. Now that I am reading it in English (at last) it'll be easier for me to ask reasonable questions

June 5, 2012 8:10 am  #15

Oh you just want to try to stump me I know!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:21 am  #16

kazza474 wrote:

Oh you just want to try to stump me I know!

Ooooh, not at all

Seriously, I wanted to put some questions about the canon, but it's hard to translate correctly from the Spanish version and I didn't have the original source then (I do now!)

Last edited by Irene_Adler (June 5, 2012 8:22 am)

June 5, 2012 8:23 am  #17

Yay! I shall look forward to some serious researching next time.

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:26 am  #18

It didn't really help that I'd just watched the pilot and some of the answers were different in that!
I'm quite proud of 5 actually, I'm normally around the 1's and 2's!!

June 5, 2012 8:28 am  #19

You did well Molly, hey at least you remembered to post your answers in time!

--Mark Gatiss

Robert McCloskey

June 5, 2012 8:42 am  #20

You did well, Molly. It's difficult to get them all corretcly without researching, so you should be proud 

Board footera