BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 16, 2013 3:57 pm  #21

Re: The Imitation Game

I can't wait to see it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2013 4:58 pm  #22

Today on YT I discovered a 1995 BBC film with Derek Jacobi as Turing. Excellent actor but totally miscast IMO. Nevertheless I will have a look at what they did with the script, etc. 

The director just tweeted:

Morten Tyldum ‏@mortentyldum12m

End of Day 2. Tired, but so excited. Keira and Benedict have been amazing and killed it. pic.twitter.com/FvTLqHlsmv

Last edited by SusiGo (September 16, 2013 5:00 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2013 4:37 pm  #23

The first good pic from today's filming:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 18, 2013 5:24 pm  #24

Love it how he changed his posture and facial expression  I read that some people are worried that Turing could be too similar to Sherlock (the same kind of slightly-sociopathic genius), but it is enough to take a look at a pic like this to understand that there is not even a remote danger of this!

September 18, 2013 5:42 pm  #25

No, there isn't. There may be some similarities of behaviour but all in all he was a totally different kind of person - shy, clumsy, but also with a great sense of humour. 

September 18, 2013 6:29 pm  #26

And gay.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 18, 2013 6:32 pm  #27

Exactly. 

September 18, 2013 8:12 pm  #28

Oh, this looks rather nice, indeed:

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 18, 2013 8:20 pm  #29

September 19, 2013 1:00 pm  #30

A different kind of dressing gown :

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 19, 2013 1:07 pm  #31

miriel68 wrote:

Love it how he changed his posture and facial expression  I read that some people are worried that Turing could be too similar to Sherlock (the same kind of slightly-sociopathic genius), but it is enough to take a look at a pic like this to understand that there is not even a remote danger of this!

How could anyone doubt the skills of our Benny boy.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 19, 2013 5:11 pm  #32

SolarSystem wrote:

A different kind of dressing gown :

Nice haircut and colour, but I still miss the curls .

I am really looking forward to this movie. I studied information systems and therefore had to learn some of Turings works like the Turing machine. My professor in theoretical computer science was a great admirer of Turing and his work and he hold us also about his sad life-story.

Will the movie be in the cinemas or on TV?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 19, 2013 5:45 pm  #33

stoertebeker wrote:

Will the movie be in the cinemas or on TV?

I don't know for sure, but I suppose with Keira Knightley involved this will most certainly be shown on the big screen.

September 20, 2013 5:56 am  #34

I assumed it was a film. not TV show.

September 20, 2013 6:27 am  #35

It will be shown in cinemas, it's not made for TV. 

September 20, 2013 6:46 am  #36

Just as I thought.
To me, a film is just that, for cinemas!

September 20, 2013 8:22 am  #37

A short article in the Mirror, not much news, but a nice photo gallery with some pics I haven't seen yet:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/benedict-cumberbatch-pictures-first-look-2285578

September 20, 2013 3:55 pm  #38

So excited about this project!

September 23, 2013 9:48 pm  #39

Oh, what a great pic!

(Credit: http://bendytightshirts.tumblr.com/ )

Has been my phone wallpaper for some days. 

Last edited by SusiGo (September 24, 2013 6:56 am)

September 24, 2013 5:45 am  #40

Love it.

Board footera