BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 14, 2013 5:27 pm  #1

Article on The Fandom That Waited

Doesn't contain any new information for us but is a nice summary about the Sherlock fandom and its activities.

hmm. doesn't work...will try again.
www.neontommy.com/news/2013/03/hive-mind-bbcs-sherlock-and-adventures-fandom-waited

Last edited by tobeornot221b (March 14, 2013 5:35 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

March 14, 2013 6:26 pm  #2

Re: Article on The Fandom That Waited

Aww.... what a great article!   Yes, mostly a run-down, but a very nicely overviewed run-down covering all the major favorites and points about the fandom and people, for new and old alike... I especially like the affectionately chiding/oh boy attitude about the fandom, as much as all of us love it, despite our varying levels of knowledge or involvement in all those aspects, and the warm/crazy nature of big fandoms like this.  ;P  ;)   Not to mention her amusing/gently poking reminder about our love-hate with Mofftiss, considering the poor left-out Steve Thompson, who is really the source of one of the fandom's main angst!  No shit sh--  I mean....      And just how great many of the people involved are....   we're a pretty lucky bunch.   

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

March 14, 2013 7:24 pm  #3

This from the same author, talking about her love of Sherlock Holmes in general:

http://www.neontommy.com/news/2013/02/hive-mind-sherlock-holmes-and-adventures-first-fandom

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

March 14, 2013 9:25 pm  #4

tobeornot221b wrote:

Doesn't contain any new information for us but is a nice summary about the Sherlock fandom and its activities.

hmm. doesn't work...will try again.
www.neontommy.com/news/2013/03/hive-mind-bbcs-sherlock-and-adventures-fandom-waited

Nice read with some nice links. Thanks.

September 20, 2013 5:50 am  #5

They need to take a good look at what they are typing before posting "Great Tits of England". Without a reference to birds in the following sentences, it just sounds wrong. 

maria

September 21, 2013 5:40 pm  #6

Two wonderful articles, nothing new really that is true, but very nicely written.
Thank you for posting, I very much enjoyed reading them.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera