BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 20, 2013 8:03 am  #21

Re: Sherlock 2014 Wall Calender

KeepersPrice wrote:

The calendar came yesterday (but no fridge magnet How did you get so lucky, Solar). I love the glossy pictures - and of course October is my favorite (which also happens to be my birthday month) so that rocks. And now today my Sherlock scarf from Sherlockology arrived. I don't think it's quite as substantial as the one worn in the show but it's still a quality product and it's wrapped around my neck right now - even though it's 70 degrees F.

Congratulations on the scarf!
Hm, the fridge magnet was already mentioned in the product description, but maybe it's a regional thing, depending on where you order it...? Best thing is: I don't even have a fridge where magnets would stick, so I had to put it elsewhere.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 20, 2013 10:30 am  #22

Finally ordered mine my birthday Amazon credits.  Can't wait to fondle it!  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 30, 2013 9:07 am  #23

Yeah, no magnet here either (my entire fridge is covered with magnets thanks to my son! lol. Well, ok, all the Beatles magnets are not his but mine, I plead guilty, hehe) because I ordered the calendar on the first day of the precommand ages ago. I was a bit disappointed when I saw later that it was proposed with a magnet for roughly the same price, I believe.

Just like old times...

September 30, 2013 1:04 pm  #24

Still impatiantly waiting on mine.

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

September 30, 2013 1:14 pm  #25

Am I the only one that wasn't really impressed by the graphics for it?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 30, 2013 1:46 pm  #26

Well, I really like them. But then again, I've been getting a Beatles calendar every year for about two decades and they've never been original, just series of pictures, no quotes or anything, so I guess it makes a nice change and I was pretty impressed by that Sherlock calendar

Just like old times...

September 30, 2013 2:21 pm  #27

sj4iy wrote:

Am I the only one that wasn't really impressed by the graphics for it?

No. I'm still hesitating to order one because I'm not sure about the graphics. I would have prefered fotographs.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 30, 2013 4:05 pm  #28

Punch me in the face wrote:

Well, I really like them. But then again, I've been getting a Beatles calendar every year for about two decades and they've never been original, just series of pictures, no quotes or anything, so I guess it makes a nice change and I was pretty impressed by that Sherlock calendar

Ha, I've been getting Star Trek calendars for years and years, just like with your Beatles calendars there always were plain pictures taken from the episodes and nothing else. It always looked a bit cheap and loveless. The Sherlock calendar on the other hand gives the impression as if they really gave great thought to what they were doing. I really like it very much, it looks great.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 30, 2013 6:47 pm  #29

I have mine still sealed in a corner in the living room. So I still didn't take a real close look, but I think I like what I can see on its back. It is different, but interesting. And I love the quotes! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 30, 2013 9:30 pm  #30

Personally, I would LOVE to see them do something for Sherlock like they did for Doctor Who...by creating an movie poster for each episode.  How awesome would that be in Sherlock?

Some examples from Series 7:

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

October 5, 2013 3:05 am  #31

Well, I don't know about Doctor Who so I can't really judge. I like the idea of creating a movie poster for each episode, but I much prefer Sherlock's calendar "understated" (more simple?) design.

Just like old times...

March 28, 2014 12:34 am  #32

=14pxMarch: Sherlock/Moriarty

Benedict Cumberbatch

"So, I am human, I’m not as tall as people think I am... I’m nice-ish, clever, important to some people, but I tend to rub them up the wrong way."

March 28, 2014 12:42 am  #33

Mine hangs right above my phone at work.  It makes me very happy.  

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 3:03 pm  #34

For some reason the forum is not letting me start a new topic so I'm going to mention this here.

2015 Official Sherlock Wall Calendar is now available for Pre-Order on Amazon.  They say it will be out on August 31st.

http://www.amazon.com/Official-Sherlock-2015-Square/dp/1780546114/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1404226354&sr=8-2&keywords=sherlock+calendar+2015

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

July 1, 2014 4:08 pm  #35

Ooooh. With Series 3 pictures, I should imagine.

Are you still having trouble starting a new topic?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 1, 2014 5:34 pm  #36

I haven't tried again.  It might be some glitch on the computer here at work.

*crosses fingers for S3 pics*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

Board footera