BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2013 10:15 am  #1

Non-Sherlock art!

I wanna get some Sherlock fanart done when I have a bit of spare time, but until then here's a few of my doodles and would love to see your stuff too :D

August 2, 2013 10:20 am  #2

Re: Non-Sherlock art!

They are amazing. I like the one in the middle best. I don't have anything to show for myself as I don't paint or draw but I like to look at your and other people's work. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2013 10:37 am  #3

SusiGo wrote:

They are amazing. I like the one in the middle best. I don't have anything to show for myself as I don't paint or draw but I like to look at your and other people's work. 

Ah, thankyou :D Do you do anything artsy? I kind of include poetry and short stories in my definition of art (as well as many other things), so any of that is welcome in this thread as far as I'm concerned.

August 2, 2013 1:31 pm  #4

Your drawing are really awesome You use only pencils?

The Road goes ever on and on...

August 2, 2013 2:31 pm  #5

Hooper wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Ah, thankyou :D Do you do anything artsy? I kind of include poetry and short stories in my definition of art (as well as many other things), so any of that is welcome in this thread as far as I'm concerned.

I'm a writer. This will be my next two novels:

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 2, 2013 3:56 pm  #6

Hooper, great stuff, I especially like the second one, reminds me a bit of the title-sequences in the James Bond-movies. Really great!

@Susi: Immediately had to go to Amazon, wow!
I love Berlin very much as well, we were there again just two weeks ago. Which one of your novels would you recommend to start with, is there a chronological order?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 2, 2013 4:13 pm  #7

For the crime novels there is an order:
Leo Berlin
Tod in Blau
Die Tote von Charlottenburg
Mord in Babelsberg (Feb. 2014)

The others are separate from each other. 

August 2, 2013 5:30 pm  #8

Phenomenal drawings. I wish I was half as talented as you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 3, 2013 8:47 am  #9

SusiGo wrote:

For the crime novels there is an order:
Leo Berlin
Tod in Blau
Die Tote von Charlottenburg
Mord in Babelsberg (Feb. 2014)

The others are separate from each other. 

Thanks, Susi! I have to admit I'm not such a big fan of crime novels (I do love crime in film or television, though [oh, really...? Sherlock...? ]), but Berlin... sounds very tempting.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 3, 2013 8:47 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 3, 2013 8:49 am  #10

It's 1920s Berlin. Historical crime novels. History and interesting characters are most important to me. 

August 3, 2013 9:58 am  #11

Deilenn: Nope! I use biros and paint a lot too, just like experimenting a bit with it all really

SusiGo: That's pretty amazing, will look into these books when I've finished rereading lotr for sure.

SolarSystem: Thanks so much. I've been told that before, and wouldn't surprise me if I had drawn inspiration from the movies without realising.

Mary Me: Thank you. Talent isn't really a thing in art though, everyone's bad for a long time but they continue for enjoyment and it turns into skill in the end I guess.

Still would like to see other's arty things ^-^

August 3, 2013 10:07 am  #12

Yes, there must be many artists among us. Show us your work. 

August 3, 2013 12:45 pm  #13

SusiGo wrote:

It's 1920s Berlin. Historical crime novels. History and interesting characters are most important to me. 

Sounds good to me!

September 18, 2013 9:29 am  #14

I really like the middle picture

September 18, 2013 3:42 pm  #15

detectiveolson: Thank you so much!

~~Totally forgot I made an account on here until I just got an email about this thread; any new people give me pretty things to look at?! Please?~~

Board footera