BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 11, 2013 7:04 pm  #41

Re: WHAT CULTURE!: 4 Things Everyone Wants From Sherlock

Be wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

I'm actually not a Johnlock shipper, but I doubt that it makes any difference. You can enjoy the epic bromance just as well without wanting the two kiss. And I don't care what so called literary scholars say (some of them like to read a gay subtext into everything), The sign of four is pretty clear where the two stand. Holmes simply doesn't do relationships, and Watson has a great appreciation for the female gender in general and is head over heals for Mary Morstan in particular.

I agree 100%.  Holmes just ISN'T sexual, and Watson very much prefers woman.  I don't know what subtext there is that states the two are gay, but I guess not everyone can accept a close relationship between two men without thinking there's a motive behind it.  I sometimes wonder why we don't think the same of women.

A close relationship between women is much more socially accepted because of traditional role concepts, therefore normal in people's minds.

Well, a man can have a close relationship with another man without it being anything other than friendship, just as women do.  But it's a double standard to hold one gender to a different degree of friendship than the other, in my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 11, 2013 11:10 pm  #42

I see what you are getting at. I can easily accept Sherlock and John to be close friends and nothing more. Still this has to be a very deep friendship because let's be honest Sherlock doesn't make it easy for people to actually be friends with him. He has to open up quite a lot which is hard for him and John has to live with Sherlock's huge amount of idiosynchrasies.

However, since our society has certain views about male gender roles and male friendship, it is acceptable for me that the show hints on other people being a bit confused by the guys' relationship. So to Sherlock without the hints of bromance and the according confusion wouldn't be the same. So I still want to see that in series 3.

Be, you are right, the sheet scene shows us a bit more about Sherlock's and Mycroft's characters and their relationship. Still, that we get a glimpse of Sherlock's nice behind, is either coincidence (because that was just the best take or something) or it was an intentional teaser for the fans.
What would be wrong with that?! ^^

September 15, 2013 8:06 pm  #43

Random Series 3 wish.  I'd like to see John's bedroom at 221B.  We haven't ever seen it have we?  Series 3 would have an excuse to show him packing up, or perhaps moving back in.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2013 8:10 pm  #44

I would like to see this, too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 15, 2013 8:32 pm  #45

Oh. God. Yes. Me, too!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 15, 2013 11:30 pm  #46

I want to see what that bathtub is gonna be used for....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 16, 2013 5:56 am  #47

Well a bath I would imagine, tho we'll see and yes, we mustn't forget the bathtub!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 16, 2013 6:16 pm  #48

besleybean wrote:

Well a bath I would imagine, tho we'll see and yes, we mustn't forget the bathtub!

Oooooh yes, the tub. It's been keeping me pondering... for some reason, I always associate it with this:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 17, 2013 12:42 am  #49

If anyone has been watching the Showtime series, "Dexter", you will know that there was a really horrific, shocking, emotional bathtub scene around the end of season 3 or 4. I'm in fear......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

September 17, 2013 1:50 am  #50

And let's not even mention "Psycho"...

Last edited by KeepersPrice (September 17, 2013 1:51 am)

September 17, 2013 5:13 am  #51

Cue that music! ....

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 17, 2013 12:23 pm  #52

Dexter fan here.  That bathtub scene was very tramatic.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 27, 2013 9:26 pm  #53

tonnaree wrote:

The person who wrote that obviously does not watch the same show we do.

Thats what I thoughed XD

In a world of locked doors the man with the key is king...

Board footera