BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 15, 2013 7:23 pm  #1641

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Hadn't heard anything about that.  Pictures?

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 15, 2013 7:24 pm  #1642

No picture...just some fan girls flailing on Twitter yesterday!
So who knows?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 15, 2013 7:26 pm  #1643

Eh, I go by the motto "Pics or it didn't happen"...especially for twitter and tumblr.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 15, 2013 7:30 pm  #1644

But even then, we question if the pictures are real or fake scenes being filmed?!
Oh the bit I forgot to say was that the BBC came on and asked everybody to stop tweeting about it.
But I must stress, I never saw these alleged BBC tweets.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 15, 2013 7:31 pm  #1645

sj4iy wrote:

I think November is out because of the big Doctor Who anniversary special on the 23rd.  I just don't see BBC putting up a competing show when they are pushing that.  They would want to wait until afterwards when all of the hype has died down.

Oh god, yes! I am already really looking forward to that!! Both of them within a week would be too much to ask, that's right.
So, I would also be alright with getting to see Sherlock in December or January, I would just like to know - a definite air date is all I'm asking for.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 15, 2013 7:36 pm  #1646

Swanpride wrote:

It's not like the Dr. Who special will be on 24/7...or that there is any worry that Sherlock would be drowned by it. Those show have both a very strong fanbase which will turn in, no matter when the airdate is.
I originally didn't expect Sherock to air before January, but I have become carefully hopeful. BBC has a couple of show they want to launch soon, it might pay off to advertise them along with Sherlock.

I meant that the BBC and Moffit (executive producer of Doctor Who) and Gatiss (who has written a biopic for it) wouldn't want to be trying to promote Sherlock while they are pulling out all of the stops for the big anniversary for Doctor Who which will last an ENTIRE WEEK.  It's going to be huge.  Sherlock would be dwarfed.

September 15, 2013 7:39 pm  #1647

Well, in numbers terms, maybe!
But yeah, I know what you mean.

September 15, 2013 7:53 pm  #1648

Swanpride wrote:

You really don't want to know how often I already watched the whole series.....

I want an airdate! I really need an airdate!!!!!! When does the BBC usually announce the schedule for winter?

*sits in a corner rocking and quietly muttering to herself*     

sodding black hearted bast...................*sob*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2013 7:57 pm  #1649

I used to watch an episode a night.

September 15, 2013 11:24 pm  #1650

tonnaree wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

You really don't want to know how often I already watched the whole series.....

I want an airdate! I really need an airdate!!!!!! When does the BBC usually announce the schedule for winter?

*sits in a corner rocking and quietly muttering to herself*     

sodding black hearted bast...................*sob*

My sentiments exactly *whimpers*, I hate waiting *sob*  

-------------------------------------------------------

September 16, 2013 4:04 pm  #1651

Yeah, which I guess is why I've always fixed on the date of January,.

September 16, 2013 4:55 pm  #1652

besleybean wrote:

Yeah, which I guess is why I've always fixed on the date of January,.

Yeah, maybe that's just the sentiment, go for January mentally, and if it happens to air before that it certainly will be a pleasant surprise.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 16, 2013 4:58 pm  #1653

Expect the worst and hope for the best

September 16, 2013 5:02 pm  #1654

You must be joking...they won't get to that stage for months yet!

September 16, 2013 5:16 pm  #1655

But the wait's always about the same time...
It was almost 18 months between S1 and S2...
Looks like it'll be around 2 years between S2 and S3...
Hopefully it won't ever be longer than this!

September 16, 2013 5:36 pm  #1656

Oh yeah they usually have that worked out and I think Mark's usually pretty sharp with his scripts...Steven is very last minute!

September 16, 2013 8:37 pm  #1657

Swanpride wrote:

I don't mind waiting, but I HATE not to know how long the wait will be.

I know exactly what you mean, as much as I dislike waiting, I can't stand not knowing exactly how long I'll have to wait...Sherlock is certainly worth the wait though, however long it'll be 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 16, 2013 8:48 pm  #1658

Meanwhile I'm so settled in my long-term waiting area that it will be a complete shock to me when the air date will have actually come.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 17, 2013 10:00 am  #1659

I really need to have a date. I have to know how to plan my holidays. If it airs around the first january, then I can't go skiing in france. At the moment, I don't know whether to book the trip or not. Please, Sherlock production team, hurry on! 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 17, 2013 10:36 am  #1660

Mary Me wrote:

I really need to have a date. I have to know how to plan my holidays. If it airs around the first january, then I can't go skiing in france. At the moment, I don't know whether to book the trip or not. Please, Sherlock production team, hurry on! 

Now I should not believe that I actually read this. But I believe it. And I don't even wonder.
People are planning their holidays around a tv series - and I think it is normal

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera