BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 13, 2013 3:12 am  #1601

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

tonnaree wrote:

DITTO The Reunion.  My heart just flutters when I think about it.

Same here . I'll probably be clinging to a pillow throughout that whole episode in a desperate attempt to not explode...and I'm pretty sure I'll need a good box of tissues on hand as well, since - whatever the circumstances are - I predict much mouse pitched squeaking tears on my end when they finally reunite......I need to borrow a time machine so I can travel and see the episodes now! Anybody got one? 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 13, 2013 5:33 am  #1602

Yes I am so much more looking forward to this series than I was S2.
But I agree, I think it will be an emotional ride.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2013 5:53 am  #1603

I couldn't even really decide which episode I want to see the most. Probably "Empty Hearse" for all the obvious reasons and "His Last Vow". I am really intrigued by Charles Augustus Magnussen/Milverton, he strikes me as a formidable villain already.
Either way, as said above, we will be in for another ride on the emotional roller coaster, that much is certain.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 13, 2013 6:07 am  #1604

See altho I was really looking forward to S2, my excitement was slightly tainted with my concerns about Irene...tho it turned out better than I'd hoped.
This time I have no such worries, other than possibly losing somebody dear at the end of ep 3.
I would have been a tad concerned about The Marriage, except for 2 reasons:
1.  I think Mary is gonna  be a  fab character, who sides with Sherlock.(I should add that I'm also glad at being proved right in my prediction from years agao, that John would marry Mary who would be played by Amanda)
2. She maybe ain't gonna last beyond the series!
I am not looking forward to The Wedding at all.
But The Reunion, when they are really are back together, yes.
Oh and the reunion with Mrs H too. Plus seeing the friendship with Molly develop.

Last edited by besleybean (September 13, 2013 6:10 am)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 13, 2013 7:28 am  #1605

It's probably getting a bit boring by now, but I'm also looking forward to finally see the reunion of the boys the most, so it would be The Empty Hearse. As many others I expect this to be a very emotional episode... I mean, just the fact that we finally get to see new material....! And what material it will be! I really hope they'll do us a favour and announce the airing date soon.
His Last Vow would be a close second, though. Since I really am a huge fan of Moriarty and the way in which he was portrayed by Andrew Scott, I'm not quite sure about the new villain yet. But to be honest, I don't really have much doubt that he'll blow me away just like Moriarty did.

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 13, 2013 7:42 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 13, 2013 8:24 am  #1606

Swanpride wrote:

My pick is "Sign of Three"...The Sign of the Four is one of my favourite canon story, and I'm really curious how they intend to adapt it, considering that the writers have already pludered some of the best parts for other episodes. And Sherlock as best man? That sounds like it is made out of win!

I was about to write the same thing. Same opinion over here 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 13, 2013 8:42 am  #1607

sj4iy wrote:

...and it's over.

Oh yes, and I'm actually glad it is (for now), because that means that we're finally getting somewhere... close to the airing of series 3, that is!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 14, 2013 5:20 pm  #1608

A quote from Benedict's "Guardian" interview concerning series 3  :

"I felt very sentimental on the last day of shooting, thinking, 'Oh, I've got to say goodbye to him again.' He's fucking hard work, always has been, but I love him, and I got sad that I wasn't going to see him again for a while." He won't reveal much about the new series, beyond a coy, "Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan. And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way. And there's a new union as well, in the shape of a marriage, which Sherlock takes part in, so we see that."

(source: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/14/benedict-cumberbatch-interview-fifth-estate )

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 14, 2013 5:21 pm  #1609

Aw.

September 14, 2013 5:30 pm  #1610

the_dancing_woman wrote:

"I felt very sentimental on the last day of shooting, thinking, 'Oh, I've got to say goodbye to him again.' He's fucking hard work, always has been, but I love him, and I got sad that I wasn't going to see him again for a while." He won't reveal much about the new series, beyond a coy, "Well, there's a reunion that doesn't necessarily go to plan. And there's a bonding experience that throws Sherlock and Watson back together in a very firm way. And there's a new union as well, in the shape of a marriage, which Sherlock takes part in, so we see that."

(source: http://www.theguardian.com/film/2013/sep/14/benedict-cumberbatch-interview-fifth-estate )

Get ready for the feels! 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 14, 2013 6:52 pm  #1611

kittykat wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Get ready for the feels! 

*squeak* I'm crying already! 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 14, 2013 7:48 pm  #1612

We've all been following setlock, more or less- if I recall it correctly, no one's seen a dog on set, right?

I'd been hoping that Gladstone might make an appearance in season 3, and since I've only just watched the 2009 Sherlock Holmes movie (which does have him), I kept thinking about it.

I've already mentioned before that some info has leaked about guest appearances by actors which have solely been filming in the studios and therefore have gone unnoticed by the (social) media, but if John had gotten a dog, it'd certainly have been around more frequently, so I'd just like to know if anyone has any info about that (or maybe if Moffat or Gatiss have ever mentioned Gladstone in the context of the series at all).

Thank you!

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 14, 2013 7:49 pm  #1613

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Get ready for the feels! 

*squeak* I'm crying already! 

We'll need tissues and shock blankets...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 14, 2013 9:24 pm  #1614

"We'll need tissues and shock blankets..."

And many cups of strong tea. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2013 7:46 am  #1615

tonnaree wrote:

I fear we will need something stronger (for those of us that are legal of course )

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

September 15, 2013 9:17 am  #1616

Titania wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

I fear we will need something stronger (for those of us that are legal of course )

I'll definitely need something stronger after episode 3. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 15, 2013 9:20 am  #1617

Nothing wrong with a shot of Jamesons in that tea.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 15, 2013 9:26 am  #1618

I won't bear to watch episode 3 alone - I recall how I was like after TRF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 15, 2013 9:50 am  #1619

Oh yes, TRF... I watched it on tv the first time around. It started at 11pm and ended, yeah, in the middle of the night... and how are you supposed to sleep after that episode?! They could have given a warning...

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 15, 2013 9:54 am)

September 15, 2013 10:17 am  #1620

It was a lot less painful than the book!
But I did feel for John.

Board footera