BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2013 4:39 pm  #1561

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

What exactly did that neighbour do?

Last edited by Mary Me (September 12, 2013 4:39 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 4:39 pm  #1562

Tee Hee.
EDIT: sorry, we cross posted.
The neighbour tweeted all of Beneditc's movements in and out of his flat and about him changing a shirt etc!

Last edited by besleybean (September 12, 2013 4:41 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 12, 2013 4:42 pm  #1563

Mary Me wrote:

What exactly did that neighbour do?

As far as I know she tweeted his movements within his flat in real time, changing clothes, etc. Someone told Benedict and he requested a friend who is on Twitter to tell her to stop this. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 12, 2013 4:48 pm  #1564

Okay, that's not quite nice but she didn't take photos of him. If there's such a popular person living next to your house you can get a little too excited - I wouldn't expect from her to move far away as an excuse. Just to stop that.

Swanpride wrote:

It is NOT normal to tweet every step your neighbor does or to call yourself a "bitch". I would be disturbed too, in his place.

The Bitch Thing again. People are free to call themselves what they like in my opinion. That's not insane.
Somewhere I've read that bitch is also the term for a female otter.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:04 pm  #1565

"That's not quite nice", hm. No photos, BUT just imagine you do something in your own flat / house and you can read it live in the internet. I find that spooky and frightening. It's almost like a burglary IMO. Someone watches every move you make AT HOME - AND spreads it in the www! Sorry, but even without pictures: no way!!

The bitch - it is a way to call yourself by changing only one letter of his name. I think that's simply how the whole thing started. I don't think that anyone really thinks as a bitch of oneself. 
Still I would not even call myself one, even in connection with "Cumber". 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 12, 2013 5:06 pm  #1566

He has mentioned it more than once in interviews. Therefore I think it must have affected him to lose his privacy in such a way. IMO it is not alright to report what someone does INSIDE his/her own flat. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 12, 2013 5:08 pm  #1567

.... and you're still free to call yourself whatever you like. Even if Benedict feels uncomfortable with it, that's your own business.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:09 pm  #1568

That's surely right. And they do. 

September 12, 2013 5:12 pm  #1569

Well I personally think we should respect the actor's wishes, but yeah, nothing to go to the International law courts about!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 12, 2013 5:13 pm  #1570

I just really hate when interviewers confront Benedict with that term. That's not right. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:16 pm  #1571

On the contrary, I'm only glad that he gets the opportunity to keep restating his view point:  don't use it.

September 12, 2013 5:20 pm  #1572

Ok, but it's the same as the otter-pic-thing. One day it's enough. Get's boring.

September 12, 2013 5:21 pm  #1573

I still like the otter thing. 

Last edited by Mary Me (September 12, 2013 5:21 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:22 pm  #1574

I'm sure you can guess what I think!
Tee Hee.

September 12, 2013 5:23 pm  #1575

In internet maybe. But not when they confront him with the pics (OR the cumberbitches) during interviews again and again. And again....

September 12, 2013 5:26 pm  #1576

Yeah, they should just stop bothering him with these things. It lets us fangirls appear in a bad light.

Last edited by Mary Me (September 12, 2013 5:29 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:36 pm  #1577

I can only presume she's aware that the next stop would be police.

September 12, 2013 5:40 pm  #1578

Of course that was completely and utterly wrong but people are called 'insane' too quick these days.
e.g. Have a dark sense of humour? You should go to a therapist. (I have heard and seen that one)
Because that neighbour lady has done something wrong doesn't mean she suffers from something like a mental illness. You can behave the wrong way when you're confronted with something you ain't used to (living next to a famous person). As long as she has learned from it and respects his privacy there's nothing to go nuts about now.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

September 12, 2013 5:46 pm  #1579

I agree entirely.

September 12, 2013 5:57 pm  #1580

It was probably all about feeling important and getting more followers on twitter. *rollseyes*

Board footera