BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2012 6:42 am  #21

Re: Sherlock Holmes Quiz Thread

Yay!!

I can't believe it 

I will try to make my own quiz, if you give me some time. If I see I can't do it or fall short of time I will tell you soon ok?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

May 31, 2012 6:43 am  #22

Let's wait for Irene to let us know otherwise maybe Sammy can do one next.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 31, 2012 12:20 pm  #23

By the way, I love the stepping on the coffee table bit because it is just soooo naughty! I bet he did the same sort of thing at home to wind Mycroft up too. You can just see him being stroppy about it and carrying on doing it just to be contrary and provocative.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 31, 2012 10:16 pm  #24

me too Davina--  makes me think I'll do it to mine,  only mine is cluttered  with....stuff I can't step on.   Irene has started a new quiz thread  with the current date   in her title. 

Does anyone else wanna start a quiz here?  If  not,  I  will put another one up  next week when I get un-busy.

Last edited by sherlockskitty (May 31, 2012 10:17 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 1, 2012 3:03 am  #25

Wait...did I just imagine it, or did not Irene post a new quiz earlier today? Was that somewhere else?

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

June 1, 2012 4:59 pm  #26

Tantalus wrote:

Wait...did I just imagine it, or did not Irene post a new quiz earlier today? Was that somewhere else?

Yep!!   Irene did post a new dated  quiz thread   here in this section .   Go  play,  if you dare.   I've played.     I'll probly  put up  a new different quiz here next week.  right now I  haven't got anything in my funny little brain.  Am busy  with chasing clues for my master.  I'd rather chase mice. Oh well!!   Bye!!  OOOH   what's that penny doing on the floor?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 1, 2012 5:35 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 1, 2012 7:28 pm  #27

Maybe a quiz based on the canonical stories?

We should have a real live (well, in the forum, anyway) Whodunit mystery that we could work on during the "great hiatus" (i.e., until Season 3 airs). Maybe one of the members gets knocked off and we have clues to figure it all out. Anybody got any ideas?

June 2, 2012 6:47 am  #28

Tantalus wrote:

We should have a real live (well, in the forum, anyway) Whodunit mystery that we could work on during the "great hiatus" (i.e., until Season 3 airs). Maybe one of the members gets knocked off and we have clues to figure it all out. Anybody got any ideas?

That's a cool idea. Hmmm. *adopts thinking pose*

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 2, 2012 4:53 pm  #29

davina--  I  hope you're not thinking what I think you're thinking!!  (This kitty is smart, I'll have you know!!)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 2, 2012 6:53 pm  #30

I just had an idea, if it is awful then please ignore it!!
I thought that people should PM their answers to the 'Quiz-master' so other players cannot see them!
I ,of course, being far too honest (and modest!!) would not do this, but there is a temptation...   

I was wondering if you'd like to have coffee...
Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 
Douglas Richardson, Cremona

June 2, 2012 7:05 pm  #31

I agree with this suggestion, probably because I PMd the idea a little while back. Though not to the Boss!? What do you think folks?

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 8:13 pm  #32

I like that idea, Davina, and very much

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 2, 2012 8:24 pm  #33

Tantalus wrote:

Maybe a quiz based on the canonical stories?

That sounds very fun, if a little scary! We shall have to find a willing participant...
*evil laugh*

Hmm. I really don't know. Oh, I'm sorry, did I say 'know'? I meant 'care'. I don't really care. 

June 2, 2012 8:39 pm  #34

I  like the idea  of PM'ing the answers to a quiz,  ONLY  if the players are allowed to answer EVERy question in it.   I  did PM  the boss,   and...welll,   this is what I got in reply----from SHERLOCK HOLMES  ADMIN--(Hope yu don't mind me posting this here. )

It's difficult really because then we would just have loads of PMs and no one would actually post on the thread. It's only supposed to be a bit of fun {CUT OUT due to long statement} .  I for one when I'm answering other people's quizzes, I look at the questions then hit Add Reply immediately, and post my answers without looking at other people's answers and I guess we are relying on other people to do the same.

I'll have a new quizhere  later  tomorrow  or the next day.  Yep, it's gonna be "something new"

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 4, 2012 1:37 am  #35

Wait? People might cheat? Most un-Sherlocky, if you ask me. Maybe if we find a cheater we should make them the one we kill off...

June 5, 2012 8:13 pm  #36

Ok  today  is  June 5, 2012.   I  have a quiz  with only  6  questions.   Therefore the rules for this quiz are DIFFERENT  so,  please observe carefully. 

1.  One  player may answer ONE  question  within  24 hours.  Another player may play,      answering another question,  etc.   
2.  If you get your qq  wrong, you must wait 24 hours to try again. If someone else wants to try that same question, do so at your own risk.   
3.  Yes,  you may do your research.   Watch the shows,  read the ACD canon stories,  etc.
4.  Do  have  fun with this one.   I  do hope you won’t be stumped TOO  much.
5.  Please write the number of the question you are answering in your post,  ok?  thanks!! 
6.  I'll  update  when I can.   

This quiz is all about comparisons and similarities. 

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game and with  Hounds Of Baskerville episodes.   Can you name it?   

2.   In BBC’s Hounds episode, John noticed a receipt for  Meat Supplies  at the vegetarian restaurant.  The first  word on that paper has a connection to a name that is familiar to Arthur Conan Doyle (and his followers).  What is it?   

3.  There’s a dog  in  ACD’s  canon story  “The Sign Of Four"  and  in  the 1986 movie called “The Great Mouse Detective��   with the same name.   What is the dog’s name?   

4.  What two writers of BBC’s Sherlock also write for Doctor Who? 

5.  There is one similarity between BBC’s Scandal in Belgravia  and Doyle’s story called  “The Priory School�� .   What is it?   

6.   In BBC’s  Great  Game,  there’s something painted on Sherlock’s wall above his couch,  which  sort of reminds me of a  Doyle canon story.   What is painted on the wall,  and what story  does  it remind YOU  of?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 5, 2012 8:17 pm)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 8:24 pm  #37

I'm SO cofused about the rules! can you explain them again! 

June 5, 2012 9:43 pm  #38

I had to read the rules twice, but I think I've understood them.
So I can answer one question today and have to wait at least 24 hours to answer another one, is that correct?

Anyway, I'll give it a try. The only question I can answer right away and without research is number four, but I think you'll need to take a look at the way you have formuled it.

4. The three of them. Moffat is the one with most episodes, Gatiss has written a few and Thompson wrote, at least, "The curse of the Black Spot" which I casually rewatched yesterday

June 5, 2012 10:00 pm  #39

Molly--I've  explained the rules as best as I can  in this post.   I  understand that no one is used to playing like this,  so  this IS  Something New.   You are welcome to try to answer one of the questions.  "4  is out,  and has been answered correctly. 

Irene--Sorry  you  had to read the rules twice.  I've  sort of rewritten them,  hopefully  this will make more sense.   You are correct in your  answer,  and the 2 writers I was looking for  were  Steven Moffatt  and Mark Gatiss.  Perhaps I should have  written the q differently  but I didn't know how.   You are correct,also abt the 24 hour rule. thanks for playing!!   

Ok  today  is  June 5, 2012.   I  have a quiz  with only  6  questions.   Therefore the rules for this quiz are DIFFERENT  so,  please observe carefully. 

1.  Each   player may answer ONE  question in this quiz  per  24 hours.  (full day)

2.  If you get your qq  wrong or right, , I will tell you,  but you must wait  24 hours since your answers post, to try again.  (Ex: If you posted at 2 pm on your day,  then you cannot play again until  2pm  the NEXT  day)    If your answer is correct,  I’ll put it in my next update and that question cannot be answered again.   

3.  Yes,  you may do your research.   Watch the shows,  read the ACD canon stories,  etc.

4.  Do  have  fun with this one.   Any qq plz ask.     

Example—we have 3 players—QE,  AD,  and VR.   QE chooses 1  question  at 3 45 pm  and answers it.  QE cannot play again until after 3 45 pm  the next day--  that  is a full 24 hours.   AD   and  VR  answer  separate questions   within 30  minutes of each other.   AD  gets  his q wrong,  but  VR   answers correctly.   So,   when I update,  VR’s answer  will be in my update,   but AD’s will not be.   PLEASE NOTE>   AD  and VR   cannot play again  until  their 24 hours have passed.   THIS  gives other players a chance to play  those questions that were done incorrectly.   The  ones  that ARE  correct,  cannot be played again.

This quiz is all about comparisons and similarities. 

1.   There is one main  similarity between BBC’s The Great Game and with  Hounds Of Baskerville episodes.   Can you name it?   

2.   In BBC’s Hounds episode, John noticed a receipt for Meat Supplies  at the vegetarian restaurant.  The first  word on that paper has a connection to a name that is familiar to Arthur Conan Doyle (and his followers).  What is it?   

3.  There’s a dog  in  ACD’s  canon story  “The Sign Of Four"    and  in  the 1986 movie called “The Great Mouse Detective��   with the same name.   What is the dog’s name?   

4.  What two writers of BBC’s Sherlock also write for Doctor Who? 
The three of them. Moffat is the one with most episodes, Gatiss has written a few and Thompson wrote, at least, "The curse of the Black Spot" which I casually rewatched yesterday   answered by  Irene Adler   

5.  There is one similarity between BBC’s Scandal in Belgravia  and Doyle’s story called  “The Priory School�� .   What is it?   

6.   In BBC’s  Great  Game,  there’s something painted on Sherlock’s wall above his couch,  which  sort of reminds me of a  Doyle canon story.   What is painted on the wall,  and what story  does  it remind YOU  of?

Last edited by sherlockskitty (June 6, 2012 4:06 am)

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 5, 2012 10:04 pm  #40

sherlockskitty wrote:

Irene--Sorry  you  had to read the rules twice.  I've  sort of rewritten them,  hopefully  this will make more sense.   You are correct in your  answer,  and the 2 writers I was looking for  were  Steven Moffatt  and Mark Gratiss.  Perhaps I should have  written the q differently  but I didn't know how.   You are correct,  tho.   thanks for playing!!

Kitty, I didn't mean the rules were badly written... you know I have my problems with English, that was probably not your fault but mine.
But thanks for rewriting them

Board footera