BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2013 7:35 am  #1161

Re: Finally: The Sherlock/John picture thread

Can't help myself, but to me John always looks a bit desperate there... it's like "Uhm, what's going on here, where did I get myself into?". Martin is so brillant!

Last edited by SolarSystem (September 6, 2013 7:35 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 6, 2013 3:52 pm  #1162

Yeah, I think he's just baffled!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 6, 2013 4:13 pm  #1163

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 6, 2013 6:52 pm  #1164

Wow.
This is great.

You can really feel the mood of this scene just from looking at their faces.

They are great actors!

Aaaaaand a great screencap of course ;)

September 6, 2013 7:22 pm  #1165

"He's back."

And Sherlock doesn't even need to ask who; the look on John's face is enough...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 6, 2013 8:21 pm  #1166

John - open-mouthed in amazement

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 6, 2013 9:04 pm  #1167

FluteLocked wrote:

Wow.
This is great.
You can really feel the mood of this scene just from looking at their faces.
They are great actors!

Yeah, you can really see how John's heart is already sinking, almost as if he somehow knows exactly what's coming...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 7, 2013 4:54 pm  #1168

September 7, 2013 7:30 pm  #1169

Oh dear, so many great pictures on this thread! I've had to change my laptop display picture numerous times !

September 8, 2013 5:37 pm  #1170

September 8, 2013 7:22 pm  #1171

Oh my, Sherlock is 17 years old, right? Amazing how young he looks in the pilot...!

September 8, 2013 7:41 pm  #1172

He does look very young, and it was only the year before the series actually started! 

September 8, 2013 8:40 pm  #1173

Yes, I know. Hard to believe. I actually think he looks a bit too young in the pilot, I'm kind of glad they got the chance to do ASiP, for various reasons.

September 9, 2013 1:03 am  #1174

Wow....  every time I see certain pics of him from the pilot, that always strikes me quite a bit as well.  Was it seriously only less than four years ago?         And the hair!!  ;D

Here's one of my current favorites.  We've talked for pages about why this show stands out so much, and I just love the fact that it's such a good 'mark' of a good show that the creators/crew made so many recognizably iconic things about it that you can instantly know it simply by a picture of the lead's lower legs.  Honestly, with no other clues, I could probably only do that with a couple other shows.

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 9, 2013 2:09 am  #1175

SolarSystem wrote:

Oh my, Sherlock is 17 years old, right? Amazing how young he looks in the pilot...!

Baby!John and Baby!Sherlock.
Very cute/pretty, but they look like teenagers, especially Sherlock.

September 9, 2013 2:11 am  #1176

How come men stand with their heels together (more or less) and their toes sticking out. Pigeon-toed, we always called it. Especially Martin/John.  I do like the drape of Sherlock's long coat here.  mmmmm

September 9, 2013 4:14 pm  #1177

I hope this hasn't been posted too often but it is a favourite of mine although you do not see much of John. 
Sherlock has just doubted John for a moment and then realises with a shock that Moriarty is using John against him. Look at his face and the fingers of his left hand. It is one of the few moments of real shock Sherlock experiences. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 9, 2013 4:22 pm  #1178

As far as I remember, this particular moment has never been posted before here. Great pic. And yes, a moment of real shock. Not only for Sherlock, I bet. Some of us might have experienced the same feelings when we saw that scene for the first time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 9, 2013 4:25 pm  #1179

Massive shock from me!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 9, 2013 4:29 pm  #1180

Great moment, Susi! And the way he murmurs "John..." just seconds earlier... it always gives me the creeps.

Board footera