BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 6, 2013 5:37 pm  #1481

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I"m not saying he'd necessarily remember it in a tramatized way.  But even being over his PTSD there would be times he'd think of it.  It was a major turning point in his life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 6, 2013 6:01 pm  #1482

So was meeting Sherlock *sob*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 6, 2013 9:17 pm  #1483

tonnaree wrote:

Random thought.  Even if it's not in Series 3, at some point I'd really like to see John's scar.  And no, not just as an excuse to get Martin shirtless.  
I imagine something like him looking at his scar in the mirror and maybe briefly flashing back to the day he got it.

Oh, but it would be a perfect excuse to get Martin shirtless . Besides it would only be fair, as we have already seen Sherlock nearly naked.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

September 6, 2013 9:21 pm  #1484

I am very willing to see Martin shirtless 

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 6, 2013 9:37 pm  #1485

kittykat wrote:

I am very willing to see Martin shirtless 

I'd much rather see Benedict shirtless 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 6, 2013 9:42 pm  #1486

I want to see the both of them shirtless

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

September 6, 2013 9:48 pm  #1487

Titania wrote:

Ha, my thought exactly! And please: in the same room, at the same time.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 6, 2013 9:54 pm  #1488

my thought exactly

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

September 6, 2013 10:08 pm  #1489

SolarSystem wrote:

Titania wrote:

Ha, my thought exactly! And please: in the same room, at the same time.

You said it! 

September 6, 2013 10:32 pm  #1490

I'll drink to that! 

September 7, 2013 1:11 am  #1491

Swanpride wrote:

Well, in one story is mentioned that Watson and Holmes liked the turkish bath.....

Oh? ...*gulps* 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 7, 2013 1:11 am)

September 7, 2013 1:25 am  #1492

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Well, in one story is mentioned that Watson and Holmes liked the turkish bath.....

Oh? ...*gulps* 

It's true. Off the top of my head I can't remember which story, but I do recall getting some nice images in my head

September 7, 2013 1:35 am  #1493

Okay, I shall now hijack this conversation back onto its actual puported topic for a bit...

*hears cries and whines*

Now, now...

-------------------

Wrapping up of Series 3 filming is almost finished, with post production finishing up on the first two episodes, and starting on the last episode.

Here are some more things I have found out:

1. There's a pizzaria scene in HLV, however something is weird about it.  Both Sherlock and John are there, but Sherlock sees John eating through the window, neither of them saying anything at all, then in another shot, Sherlock is sitting in the same seat as John was.  This looks like it might be a scene from Sherlock's mind, as at one point in the episode (evidence suggests this might be after he suffers a serious injury) he then sees things in his mind (such as a random woman).  Whoo, Sherlock dream sequence!

2. Another cast member of the episode HLV:

Brigid Zengeni as "Katie" (no clue who she is though, sorry.

3. Then finally, what everyone has been waiting for, but still seems really sad...

The remains of 221b.

Last edited by sj4iy (September 7, 2013 1:49 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 7, 2013 7:26 am  #1494

Thanks for sharing those pics, sj4iy!
They all have a pretty sad and lonesome atmosphere to them, especially the first one (ha, Sherlock and his posture again!). But also the second one with John staring out the window. The reddish lighting looks so great!
Don't know how often I've said this already, but: can't wait to finally see it!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

September 7, 2013 3:12 pm  #1495

Thanks for the pictures, sj4iy.

SolarSystem : But also the second one with John staring out the window

IMHO, John looks more like ruminating..But what might be he thinking about?!

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Oh? ...*gulps* 

It's true. Off the top of my head I can't remember which story, but I do recall getting some nice images in my head

It's Illustrious Client.
Both Holmes and I had a weakness for the Turkish bath. It was over a smoke in the pleasant lassitude of the drying-room that I have found him less reticent and more human than anywhere else. On the upper floor of the Northumberland Avenue establishment there is an isolated corner where two couches lie side by side, and it was on these that we lay upon September 3, 1902, the day when my narrative begins

But they are not shirtless 

September 7, 2013 4:32 pm  #1496

holmes23 wrote:

Thanks for the pictures, sj4iy.

SolarSystem : But also the second one with John staring out the window

IMHO, John looks more like ruminating..But what might be he thinking about?!

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Oh? ...*gulps* 

It's Illustrious Client.
Both Holmes and I had a weakness for the Turkish bath. It was over a smoke in the pleasant lassitude of the drying-room that I have found him less reticent and more human than anywhere else. On the upper floor of the Northumberland Avenue establishment there is an isolated corner where two couches lie side by side, and it was on these that we lay upon September 3, 1902, the day when my narrative begins

But they are not shirtless

Ah, The Illustrious Client, haven't read that one for a while...I really need to read through all the stories and novels again, recently I bought a really old publication (1927, how awesome is that???) of all the Sherlock Holmes stories and novels...looking forward to absorbing them again after all this time! Really it's been too long, my knowledge of the canon is a little rusty .
Oh, and not shirtless??? That's sacrilege!  ...

September 7, 2013 4:59 pm  #1497

Aww, I had a wonderful image in my head 

September 7, 2013 5:14 pm  #1498

That Turkish bath picture certainly looks rather post-coital. 

As for the pizza place sequence - something about it reminds me of myself when I was in London and went looking for 'Angelo's'.  Found the place, found the window, and sat myself down right where Benedict had been.  Also, moved over to where Martin had been. Knowing I was sitting in the same spot where both had been made me feel as if I were 'in touch' somehow.  Not saying that's what's happening here in this scene, but imagine yourself sitting down in a seat still warm from someone you care about who recently vacated it. Makes you feel closer - as if you are putting yourself in their place. *feeling sentimental today* 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 7, 2013 5:25 pm  #1499

Heck stop, I'm sobbing here!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 7, 2013 5:34 pm  #1500

KeepersPrice wrote:

Not saying that's what's happening here in this scene, but imagine yourself sitting down in a seat still warm from someone you care about who recently vacated it. Makes you feel closer - as if you are putting yourself in their place. *feeling sentimental today*

Oh yes, that's a great image. Sitting down, maybe touching the same things, looking at the same things... feeling the same feelings...

Board footera