BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2013 8:13 pm  #421

Re: Doctor Who

Russell wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I saw that yesterday and took the tour.  It's much bigger than it seems on tv

Awesome and so prettily rendered, isn't it? And the reviews! ;D I have no idea when it first came to be there, considering the mentions of the 'easter egg' I found it by were all written this month, but was forehead-slapping when it only just came to me earlier that there was much more of a trivia tie-in to the show than I remembered! You recall 'The Bells of Saint John' last spring, when Doctor and Clara had to park it in town and were trying to avoid the all-seeing scary wi-fi? ;D https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwHLYNGZZuw (really bad quality, but the only clip I could find). 'Are you sure this time? Earl's Court was an embarrassment...'

Yup, I have that one  I got the joke after seeing this XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 27, 2013 8:31 pm  #422

Oh, and speaking also of belatedly discovered awesome real-world instances, can I also say to those of you in Glasgow where this ice cream booth is supposedly located........   You lucky ducks!!!   ;D

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 27, 2013 8:33 pm  #423

Fantastic!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2013 9:09 pm  #424

*gives you a free Tardis Ice for not only a cutely enthusiastic reply in one word, but a catchphrase at that!* 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

August 28, 2013 4:09 am  #425

Allons-y ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 28, 2013 4:19 am  #426

Geronimo!

================================================================

August 28, 2013 12:51 pm  #427

That TARDIS is on Buchanan Street between Gordon Street and Royal Exchange Square.

It was a coffee vendor prior to being an ice cream shop.

That's where my bank is 

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

August 28, 2013 5:12 pm  #428

*gives you guys free ices as well...*  ;)    (....so the Doctor developed a sweet tooth?)      

August 29, 2013 11:31 pm  #429

Russell wrote:

*gives you guys free ices as well...* ;) (....so the Doctor developed a sweet tooth?)

Must have regenerated.

September 2, 2013 1:53 pm  #430

Hello All! We just got back from our European trip. One of our first stops was Cardiff and the Doctor Who experience. It was brilliant with one exception. We wound up at the back of the pack. There is an interactive (sort of) part in the beginning of the tour where you see a recorded video of Matt Smith talking to you (the visitor) and guiding you through the different venues. At one point you even wind up in the control room of the Tardis. The problem is each tour is started with a group of 50 people and if you wind up at the end of the line you miss a lot when moving through the different venues. It takes a few minutes for 50 people to go through a doorway you know.

My advice for anyone wanting to go to the Doctor Who Experience: If you end up at the back of the pack, wait the extra 20 minutes and let someone else go in ahead of you. If I had it to do all over again that is what I would do. The non interactive part is brilliant and my husband was ready to go long before I was. I could have easily spent another hopur or two looking at and checking out all the costumes, props, actual Tardis(es) from all the way back to the beginning.

The gift shop: I could have spent hundreds of pounds (really I could have!) I had to limit myself to 200 pounds though. When we got back home after 3 weeks away and we were walking up the ramp to the security gate where the kids were waiting at the airport I saw my son (7 yrs old) jump up and run almost through the gate. He was stopped by the security guard and he stood there at the threshhold bouncing up and down. I was expecting him to throw his arms around me because he had missed me so much. Do you know what the very first words out of my little cherub's mouth were?

"Where's my sonic screwdriver?"

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

September 11, 2013 1:37 am  #431

New poster for "Day of the Doctor"!  The running time will be 75 minutes.

September 11, 2013 5:36 am  #432

CANNOT WAIT!!!!!! Poster looks amazing!

September 11, 2013 10:53 am  #433

I expected the episode to be longer... But the poster is really awesome!
And BAD WOLF.. Are they doing to implicate Rose in it? In the Time War? If we'll see it there... One way or another, I can't wait to see the episode!

The Road goes ever on and on...

September 11, 2013 5:42 pm  #434

Yaaaaaaay!   Oh my gosh, it looks awesome...  perfect job of composing them all together.      But... yes... I thought they'd be making it longer, too?   And... wow... 'Bad Wolf'?   Really?    Now I'm re-thinking the implications of having Rose and Clara in this...  Bad Wolf and the Impossible Girl, spread through time.  They're really going to mess with our heads, aren't they...  o.o  ;)   I just hope that amidst all the coolness of a Doctor-centric nod-to-his-past episode with his recent incarnations, they give a nice inclusion of the 'classic' stuff too...

September 12, 2013 12:03 am  #435

Besides from Bad Wolf there is the TARDIS door in the background too. Hope Sexy's ok!!!

September 12, 2013 12:07 am  #436

Matt Smith is wearing a wig for the filming of his last (sniff) episode of Doctor Who:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/whats-on/film-tv/doctor-whos-latest-cosmic-gadget-5874503

September 13, 2013 6:54 pm  #437

He doesn't look bad, though there's nothing like natural hair. So I hope it will be inconspicuous that it's a wig and not real hair.

The Road goes ever on and on...

September 13, 2013 7:43 pm  #438

Well, wigs have come a long way...Karen Gillan was wearing a wig at Comic con and no one noticed until she pulled it off.  The key is having real hair in the wig and having the flow of it done in a natural way.  Matt Smith's looks quite good, and if I didn't know better, I'd probably be fooled by it.

Last edited by sj4iy (September 13, 2013 7:45 pm)

September 26, 2013 1:00 am  #439

New Doctor Who minisodes!  Three of them, included with the full series 7 boxset.  Hope you enjoy

http://www.doctorwhotv.co.uk/rain-gods-dvd-minisode-53349.htm

September 28, 2013 8:38 pm  #440

Seems we have an official hashtag for the 50th anniversary now:

#savetheday

Board footera