BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 11, 2013 1:44 pm  #721

Re: Free Rants

Oh my god, Alicel. That sounds terrible!  I hope your daughter is alright xxx

Last edited by Mary Me (August 11, 2013 1:44 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 11, 2013 1:50 pm  #722

I'm so sorry  Hopefully the case will go smoothly and you guys won't have to worry about anything except healing from it.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 11, 2013 5:05 pm  #723

AliceI wrote:

We are set to leave for London in less than 48 hours and you just have to know that after months of planning disaster will strike!

My 15 year old daughter and her friend were mugged tonight. They were attacked by two men. One of them was a Marine or ex-Marine according to the police and he was the one who needed a sledge hammer to go after a 15 year old girl who is 5 foot 2 and weighs 110 pounds! Big man ya know!  

The other guy was 6 foot 2 and there was a third guy who stayed in the car with it running ready to bolt if they got in a tight spot. The 6'2" guy grabbed my daughter from behind in a choke hold and lifted her off the ground by her neck. He carried her back toward the car to abduct her I would assume, but she fought very hard. She couldn't breath very well so she couldn't really call for help. He was also trying to prize her cell phone from her hand but she wasn't letting go. He got frustrated, I guess, because he ended up throwing her to the ground and falling down on top of her when he bit the back of her neck. You should see the bite marks. This guy had a very large mouth!

That was when she started screaming. This drew the attention of the guy with the sledge hammer who had been busy beating her friend and taking his cell phone and I-Pod. He came over yelling obsenities and telling her to shut up. He hit her in the left side of her head with the hammer and then again on the right side behind her ear. The second hit was only a glancing blow, but she kept screaming her head off and the neighbors started coming out so they took off in the car. Another driver took down the licence plate number when they peeled out and cut him off and he gave that to the police. Within 2 hours the three men had been apprehended and they took the kids to the scene where they were being arrested and had them identify their attackers.

The kids got off lucky. These guys had committed 6 robberies over the course of the evening and some of their victims were seriously injured. Our kids got off with cuts, bruses and some good sized lumps on the head.

Now the real issue - when these guys are arraigned my daughter may need to be at court to testify. We may not be back in the country yet! The police said not to worry because they don't think it will ever get to court. They have a mountain of evidence so the perps will most likely plead out to a charge rather than having it go to court.
Man what a terrible night.

That's... that's horrible. I hope your daughter (and you) are okay. 

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 11, 2013 6:27 pm  #724

That was a terrible experiance. Hope she is alright now.

August 11, 2013 8:38 pm  #725

My sister's broken up with her partner, the father of her second daughter

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 11, 2013 8:59 pm  #726

Aww, what a shame... :c

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 11, 2013 9:01 pm)

August 12, 2013 1:18 am  #727

Erf...  that really sucks, you guys!   *sends hugs*

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 12, 2013 1:26 am  #728

shouldbestudying wrote:

My email account has been hacked ! All my contacts now think a psychiatrist saved my life, just a little worried there were a few business contacts in there

Oh man. That's not good.

August 12, 2013 7:04 am  #729

shouldbestudying wrote:

My email account has been hacked ! All my contacts now think a psychiatrist saved my life, just a little worried there were a few business contacts in there

That happened to me a few months back by a group of scammers. I have the the London police UK anti-fraud unit on my contacts list. When my account got hacked the idiots ended up shopping themselves.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

August 15, 2013 6:58 am  #730

shouldbestudying wrote:

Mnemosyne wrote:

shouldbestudying wrote:

That happened to me a few months back by a group of scammers. I have the the London police UK anti-fraud unit on my contacts list. When my account got hacked the idiots ended up shopping themselves.

Brilliant that is just brilliant *runs away to steal your idea*

Happy to help

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Non Solum Ingenii Verum Etiam Virtutis'

August 20, 2013 6:25 pm  #731

Okay, I have to rant a bit:

I have some relatives that I'm not particularly close to, but talk to occasionally.  Let me say right here:

I have no problem with religion, and I have no problem with political preferences.

However, what I DO have a problem with are people who are purposely ignorant and live life thinking everyone and everything is out to get them.  I live in the USA, and while I know that we have issues here, I also know that every place has issues, also.  No country is perfect, and for the most part, people everywhere just want to get on with day-to-day life.  She is one of those people that thinks that because the government isn't forcing everyone to be Christian, that the gov't is collapsing (yes, she's a nutso).  But she ticked me off the most when she actually said that the media was "overblowing" the massacre in Egypt.  Yes, more than a thousand dead since Wednesday and even more being murdered everyday is "overblowing it".  She then said that I offendended HER.

This is why I don't talk politics with idiots XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 20, 2013 9:41 pm  #732

shouldbestudying wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Okay, I have to rant a bit:

I have some relatives that I'm not particularly close to, but talk to occasionally.  Let me say right here:

I have no problem with religion, and I have no problem with political preferences.

However, what I DO have a problem with are people who are purposely ignorant and live life thinking everyone and everything is out to get them.  I live in the USA, and while I know that we have issues here, I also know that every place has issues, also.  No country is perfect, and for the most part, people everywhere just want to get on with day-to-day life.  She is one of those people that thinks that because the government isn't forcing everyone to be Christian, that the gov't is collapsing (yes, she's a nutso).  But she ticked me off the most when she actually said that the media was "overblowing" the massacre in Egypt.  Yes, more than a thousand dead since Wednesday and even more being murdered everyday is "overblowing it".  She then said that I offendended HER.

This is why I don't talk politics with idiots XD

And breath  Rant deserved Just call her Anderson next time

All better  I just don't like people who trivialize the problems of others to make their own problems seem worse than they really are.

August 24, 2013 7:04 am  #733

My son has got to have both of his shoulders operated upon, at the same time. 

I am doing an equestrian boot fair for the first time ever today and it is bloody well raining!  I wouldn't bother going but I have two people who have ordered rope halters from me that are picking them up from there.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 24, 2013 9:36 pm  #734

@Davina: All the best for your son x 

I have to say something too. There is so much hate out there. So much hate. In the real world but also in  various internet forums. Why can't people just be... like us fangirls or permanently stoned? Everyone would be so much friendlier. I really really love this community, everyone is so kind and understanding. Fandoms are just human. People should stop hating on each other and just start hugging instead. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 31, 2013 8:36 am  #735

Flights that are scheduled to land at 1.30 a.m. That mean a drive of 1 1/2 hours there and back. Gone 4 a.m. When I got back this morning. No wonder they were cheap! And it wasn't even me who had been on holiday!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

September 2, 2013 1:12 pm  #736

Back home after 20 days in Europe. I want to thank Marry Me, sj4iy, Ditsy Damn Daffy, and holmes23 for your comments. Ally did have to testify at the grand jury hearing. My sister naturally took the day off and went with her. She said it was scary, but she did just fine. Kids are so resilient. She's a good kid, but still managed to get herself into trouble while we were away. She talked her friend, Matt (the boy who got mugged with her) into coming over while she was home alone and use my car to drive her over to her boyfriend's house. Matt didn't want to do that but she pestered him until he gave in. She figured it would be no problem. My father had taken her brother and sister to Niagara Falls for the day and my mother spends most of her time at her own place because she has such bad RA so Ally figured she would never get caught. Well my mother decided to check up on Ally that afternoon and when she got to my place Ally was gone and so was my car! She freaked out, called my sister who in turn called Ally and told her to get home NOW!

So when they pulled into the driveway Ally was terrified because she knew she was in for it. My mother told her to get in the house and she lambasted Matt saying "You get yourself home young man, and don't you ever show your face around this 'establishment' again!"

Ally got grounded for a week (the last week of summer vacation) and part of her punishment was that she had to tell her father and me what she had done. So she wrote me a letter. As I sat down to read this letter I started to get very concerned because I knew from the get go that something happened. She started out the letter with making bad choices and honestly I was afraid that she had gone and got "jiggy" with her boyfriend. Once I read what she had done I had to work very hard to keep a straight face. I was so relieved that my little girl was still a "little girl"! Then when Ally told me what my mother said to Matt, I couldn't help but shake my head and laugh. It wasn't Matt's fault, it was Ally's and my mom scared that boy silly.

You know what - This is what a parent must expect when the kids become teens. Is it acceptable, of course not, but I honestly didn't really freak out about it at all. If this is the worst thing my kid does I count myself lucky. I did ask Ally if she would have come clean if she hadn't gotten busted and she answered honestly. "No." Well at least I know that she won't lie when asked a direct question. In any case I don't think I can ever leave the country again, at least not until the kids are grown and out of the house! Good Grief!

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

September 2, 2013 1:30 pm  #737

Ah! Teenagers eh! Got to love them! My ones have had the occasional party, which they term a 'gathering' as if that means it is not a party, which it is (always sounds a bit 'cultish' to me) whilst I've been away, daughter more than son, which luckily have not been too eventful! At least, I don't think they were! What they get up to whilst away at college I'd rather not know. Ignorance is bliss as they say!

September 2, 2013 2:48 pm  #738

Davina wrote:

Ignorance is bliss as they say!

That's the Fact Jack!

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

September 11, 2013 11:15 am  #739

Sad today.
Swimming against the tide.

September 11, 2013 11:17 am  #740

There are such days - hope you feel better soon ...

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

Board footera