BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2012 1:17 am  #1

I've written one...

Well, it took a while but I finally wrote a story and put it out on 'Fanfiction'.  It's a short, light-hearted, somewhat humerous, little Johnlock number.  I owe a lot to Ancientsgate who was my beta reader.  She really challenged me in a few areas and helped me make a number of improvements.  I also want to thank Tobe.  She has been the kindest and most supportive of friends. 

Just a bit of fun....enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8802468/1/

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

December 17, 2012 2:23 am  #2

Re: I've written one...

Awww that was so sweet! I love the Ferrari metaphors!

Great work KP

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

December 17, 2012 7:32 am  #3

Wonderful, KP. Had to laugh out loud at the metaphors. And so romantic  . You must keep writing by all means. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

December 17, 2012 9:33 am  #4

I also had to laugh  Very emotional and Sherlock enigmatic. Nice work!

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

December 17, 2012 5:39 pm  #5

So sweet, KP!  I have hardly any knowledge of cars but your Ferrari comparison doesn't sound to me like boring technical details. No, not at all! John is such a cutie...
Looking forward to your next story!
(Thanks for your kind words - made me blush...)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

December 17, 2012 11:07 pm  #6

That was nice, KP, funny and romantic. Interesting idea to present it as a play. And with the Ferrari, of course, that was a good comparison.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

December 19, 2012 1:58 am  #7

KeepersPrice wrote:

Well, it took a while but I finally wrote a story and put it out on 'Fanfiction'.  It's a short, light-hearted, somewhat humerous, little Johnlock number.  I owe a lot to Ancientsgate who was my beta reader.  She really challenged me in a few areas and helped me make a number of improvements.  I also want to thank Tobe.  She has been the kindest and most supportive of friends. 

Just a bit of fun....enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8802468/1/

*loves*  Sorry I was such a PITA at times.  But seriously, congrats on the story. I was very proud of you for finishing, polishing, figuring out how to get it out there. Yay!

December 19, 2012 5:33 am  #8

Just lovely! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

March 21, 2013 2:50 pm  #9

I like your story very much. The last two sentences are really beautiful.

March 21, 2013 4:23 pm  #10

Oh thank you, Be!  Glad you liked my little bit of fluff.  :-)

March 21, 2013 4:23 pm  #11

I read it once again today. So lovely. Could they please make a short fillm of this? 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

March 21, 2013 4:58 pm  #12

Wow.
I love it!
" You see it's not enough for me to be a passenger going along for the ride and admiring this Ferrari anymore. What I want…God help me - what I want is to own it. I want it to be mine, so no one else can have it – ever. I want to be able to touch it and run my hands over the sleek design and breathe in the rich smell of leather. I want to take the wheel in my hands and rev the engine to the max and listen to it purr."
--has to be one of the sexiest things I've *ever* heard a man say (and I've been married 16 yrs!)
Excellent!

*******************************************************************************************************************
I haven't disappeared completely, I've just been busy writing

August 20, 2013 11:18 pm  #13

So well written I watched it rather than reading it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beware of dragons for you are crunchy and go well with ketchup

Dr. Horribles sing along blog
You people all have to learn
This world is going to burn
Burn
(yeah, it’s two r’s. H, O, R, R, yeah right.)
Burn

August 21, 2013 2:07 am  #14

Wow!  I didn't realize people were still reading and reviewing this.  Thanks, butterfly and anyone else who said lovely things.  Wish I had time to write more stories but just started an intense new job in June. Maybe one day.....

August 21, 2013 2:20 am  #15

Awwwww that was great!  Really, kudos! 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 2, 2013 6:16 am  #16

This was absolutely amazing! I read this so many times over again. You should definitely keep writing more fan fiction!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I'm not a hero. I'm a high functioning sociapath! MERRY CHRISTMAS!"

~Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

"Hello, little brother. Enjoying your exile?"

"I've only been gone four minutes!"

~Mycroft and Sherlock Holmes, His Last Vow

Board footera