BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2013 4:52 pm  #1381

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

That's a very nice view, by the way. What are the dome-shaped buildings?

I don't know London at all, really...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 5:52 pm  #1382

SolarSystem wrote:

Now, look at this! I knew this one scene reminded me of something! "Skyfall"!

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I thought it wasn't London at all at first, but then I clearly missed something important, as I did see but not observe, stupid (me)

Still hope we will find out where Sherlock spent those past two years!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 1, 2013 5:53 pm  #1383

Oh I think we'll get that in a  flashback sequence.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 1, 2013 6:42 pm  #1384

I'm so happy and excited!!  Can you believe we get all worked out for like 10 seconds of footage?

I think it's time to start printing our do-not-disturb signs after all 
I posted it on tumblr at http://sariscrazyworld.tumblr.com/post/59825896513/a-do-not-disturb-sign-made-by-request-of-some-of

I almost fainted with the "just the two of us" scene

Last edited by Mrs. Watson (September 1, 2013 6:43 pm)

September 1, 2013 6:46 pm  #1385

the_dancing_woman wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Now, look at this! I knew this one scene reminded me of something! "Skyfall"!

Thanks for bringing this to our notice. I thought it wasn't London at all at first, but then I clearly missed something important, as I did see but not observe, stupid (me)

I just really wonder about that scene, why did they use that location? They must be aware that it was used in "Skyfall", and they even shoot it in almost exacly the same way. I also wonder about the similarity between "Skyfall" and "The Reichenbach Fall" - we have the word "fall" in both titles. Pure coincidence? I don't really believe in coincidence on at least two different levels...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 1, 2013 7:03 pm  #1386

Kerkerian wrote:

mrsjohnwatson wrote:

I am certain that also the screaming girl in front of the fire (the bonfire where John is put in as we know) belongs to "Sherlock". What do you think??

It does, they shot that in Bristol after most of the other scenes were done. Watched it there, freezing my b... off.

You were there??!! Oh lucky you ... It must be weird to see it now in the trailer and later in the episode ... *jealous*
I think the screaming girl notices at first that something is wrong, very wrong with the bonfire ...
There is a very short sequence too when somebody shouts through that little hole - it could be Sherlock too - screaming "John!" - what do you mean??

September 1, 2013 7:29 pm  #1387

mrsjohnwatson wrote:

Kerkerian wrote:

mrsjohnwatson wrote:

I am certain that also the screaming girl in front of the fire (the bonfire where John is put in as we know) belongs to "Sherlock". What do you think??

It does, they shot that in Bristol after most of the other scenes were done. Watched it there, freezing my b... off.

You were there??!! Oh lucky you ... It must be weird to see it now in the trailer and later in the episode ... *jealous*
I think the screaming girl notices at first that something is wrong, very wrong with the bonfire ...
There is a very short sequence too when somebody shouts through that little hole - it could be Sherlock too - screaming "John!" - what do you mean??

It is weird... and if we're lucky, my friends and I are going to be visible in the episode, since we were invited in as extras (which is another reason why I can't wait until it airs...).
The screaming through the hole doesn't seem to belong to this scene; Sherlock leaves Baker Street with Mary in tow when it becomes clear John has been abducted, stops the motorbike on the street and uses it to get to the park where the bonfire is held. They get off and push through the crowd, yelling John's name, and then Sherlock starts to tear the fire apart with his hands.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 1, 2013 7:39 pm  #1388

With his bare hands? No gloves? Oh, Sherlock...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 7:42 pm  #1389

kittykat wrote:

With his bare hands? No gloves? Oh, Sherlock...

No, I think he wore his gloves.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 1, 2013 7:44 pm  #1390

Sorry about that, the pictures were updated appropriately

Oh, and I don't care about credit, you are free to do as you wish with them

Last edited by sj4iy (September 1, 2013 7:46 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 1, 2013 7:46 pm  #1391

Well, Sherlock can no longer say he isn't a hero

September 1, 2013 8:25 pm  #1392

Caring IS an advantage!
At least for John ...
@Kerkerian: I would be excited too. And I'm even more jealous: You've been invited to be an extra?? Oh dear ...

September 1, 2013 8:37 pm  #1393

I had a horrible theory...as to why Sherlock says what he says in the new trailer.

Assuming that Mary dies in Series 3, what if it's to do with that? What if it's after her death and Sherlock promises John that they'll avenge her? The two of them against the world, whatever it takes?

September 1, 2013 8:39 pm  #1394

kittykat wrote:

I had a horrible theory...as to why Sherlock says what he says in the new trailer.

Assuming that Mary dies in Series 3, what if it's to do with that? What if it's after her death and Sherlock promises John that they'll avenge her? The two of them against the world, whatever it takes?

Too new, I think this is episode 1.  I don't think they would show anything from episode 3 yet.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 1, 2013 8:41 pm  #1395

kittykat wrote:

That would be horrible indeed. But I think Sherlock would not show such ... hm ... enthusiasm I saw between these lines. Maybe it's more likely that he would like to restore their old friend-/relationship with the "chases", the "cases" and the whole exciting stuff... ??

September 1, 2013 8:42 pm  #1396

Tho it could well have shown bits from each of the episodes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

September 1, 2013 8:43 pm  #1397

That's fandom: an American, an English and a German are discussing Sherlock spoilers at the same time.
*waves to England and USA* ;-)

September 1, 2013 8:50 pm  #1398

and Scotland!! very heartily!!

September 1, 2013 8:50 pm  #1399

besleybean wrote:

Tho it could well have shown bits from each of the episodes...

It could have, but it seems centered around episode 1.

September 1, 2013 9:56 pm  #1400

mrsjohnwatson wrote:

That's fandom: an American, an English and a German are discussing Sherlock spoilers at the same time.
*waves to England and USA* ;-)

Don't forget about us Canadian's! 

-------------------------------------------------------

Board footera