BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2013 5:27 pm  #41

Re: New Sherlock Footage Debuts

Cool guys thanks!

I hope it's not Mrs Hudson!! 

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

September 1, 2013 5:28 pm  #42

Be fun if it was, though!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 5:32 pm  #43

Sure would be KK!

I can imagine what she'd be like afterwards 

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

September 1, 2013 5:36 pm  #44

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 1, 2013 6:11 pm  #45

Well, remember what she did when the CIA guys threatened her. The old girl is tough. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 2, 2013 1:40 am  #46

Swanpride wrote:

I bet Mrs Hudson toured on a bike throug America in the 1960s....and meet her husband at Woodstock.

Adding this to my headcanon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 2, 2013 3:10 am  #47

Swanpride wrote:

I bet Mrs Hudson toured on a bike throug America in the 1960s....and meet her husband at Woodstock.

Oh that sounds awesome!  Hmmm...I have this sudden thought of a Sherlock/Woodstock crossover AU fanfic, haha 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 2, 2013 3:13 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

September 2, 2013 3:32 pm  #48

Here is a link to the "Thrill of the Chase" audio clip in m4r, m4a and mp3 forms.  m4r is the ringtone format for iPhone.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vuhs0m0p0ymxtqh/Sherlock%20-%20Thrill%20of%20the%20Chase.zip

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 2, 2013 6:56 pm  #49

Oh, my goodness....  oh my goodness, that -trailer-!!  Sheesh, the BBC know what they're doing when it comes to stoking up interest.  I hadn't even heard of the other series David Tennant is in, and I want to see that too!  I'd be pretty much repeating everything you guys have said, with excitement, re-playing, commentary on the fandom going crazy over a couple spoken lines, etc....     Intriguing thoughts on the 'sarcastic or not', too... hard to tell.  Seems like he is trying to tempt him!  If sarcastic, then perhaps a complaint in the scene about how things have changed for them as opposed to how it was in the past, and working it out from there....  or Sherlock is commenting on 'the two of us' when John is reluctant to help, or wants them to get outside help for whatever danger it is.  Sigh... back to imagining and re-watches teases until they finally make the waiting stop!       (and taking amusement from the plenty of mock-ups that people have already started to make....) 

(speaking of which... noticing above post...  daang.... a ringtone made already, too?    maybe you'd like to properly soup up your phone with that and this?  be ready to take on the chase?)  ; )

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

September 2, 2013 7:21 pm  #50

Mattlocked wrote:

Be, you are right, now it also sounds quite sarcastic to me. No bromance, then.

Well, I don't know, I have a different impression about the scene and the lines.

Imagine, we all know John is already hooked up with Mary Morstan and is likey enjoying some sort of domestic bliss. He built a new life, without Sherlock.
Then Sherlock turns up again, surprisingly alive and ready to solve crimes and cases like before. Perhaps he can't understand, why John - because of his 'new life' - might not be willing to go along with him... and deliver this sentences, to convince him, to lure him in - again.

Edit: :o)) I should have read the rest of the thread before typing wildly. Now I have seen, some of you have already mentioned that. Sorry! :o))

Last edited by reality check (September 2, 2013 7:27 pm)

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

September 2, 2013 7:42 pm  #51

I thought the same. It  doesn't sound sarcastic to me. Although, being Sherlock, he might be exaggerating a little, overacting to get the reaction he wants from John.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He’s got a dog. We go to the pub on weekends. I’ve met his mum and dad …

… and his friends and all his family and I’ve no idea why I’m telling you this.

September 3, 2013 1:29 pm  #52

Basically, I think Sherlock is pumped about a chase/fight that the two of them had just been through, and was excitedly trying to convince John (who probably isn't of the same mind) that "this is the way it should be!"  I have a suspicion that right after those words, John bursts his bubble.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

September 14, 2013 8:38 pm  #53

sj4iy wrote:

Basically, I think Sherlock is pumped about a chase/fight that the two of them had just been through, and was excitedly trying to convince John (who probably isn't of the same mind) that "this is the way it should be!"  I have a suspicion that right after those words, John bursts his bubble.

^^ my idea too!

Probably something like, "It's not just the two of us any more, Sherlock...."

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

September 15, 2013 3:06 pm  #54

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

^^ my idea too!

Probably something like, "It's not just the two of us any more, Sherlock...."

Bingo  It will take more than Sherlock talking to convince John to come back, as it were.

September 16, 2013 12:15 pm  #55

In the dialogue clip it sounds more like Sherlock trying to convince John to continue their adventures.

But I have watched the trailer several times and cannot see any details at all of the person on the front of the motorbike.  None.  I can see the Eye and so it's clearly London and it fits with Seherlock better than the other shows featured in the clip.  So I agree it is most likely Sherlock, but y'all seem certain.

So I have to reiterate Molly Hooper's excellent question:  "How did you identify him from...not his face?"

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

September 16, 2013 12:48 pm  #56

I've sent you a PM concerning the motorbike scene, Tea.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

September 16, 2013 1:19 pm  #57

teaEarlGrayhot wrote:

In the dialogue clip it sounds more like Sherlock trying to convince John to continue their adventures.

But I have watched the trailer several times and cannot see any details at all of the person on the front of the motorbike.  None.  I can see the Eye and so it's clearly London and it fits with Seherlock better than the other shows featured in the clip.  So I agree it is most likely Sherlock, but y'all seem certain.

So I have to reiterate Molly Hooper's excellent question:  "How did you identify him from...not his face?"

Two words to answer your question.  Spoiler Whore.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 16, 2013 4:00 pm  #58

tonnaree wrote:

teaEarlGrayhot wrote:

But I have watched the trailer several times and cannot see any details at all of the person on the front of the motorbike.  None.  I can see the Eye and so it's clearly London and it fits with Sherlock better than the other shows featured in the clip.  So I agree it is most likely Sherlock, but y'all seem certain.

Two words to answer your question.  Spoiler Whore.

Ah.  Well, I'm not into spoilers so I'll let it lie.  Thanks.

M: Tradition, John. Our traditions define us.

Harry: ...And Mr. Holmes, the younger.  You look taller in your photographs.
SH: I take the precaution of a good coat and a short friend.

September 30, 2013 11:42 pm  #59

I wonder if the clip is from an actual episode or if it's fake teaser footage they mentioned shooting...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."
Whoa.  Sherlock was quoting Spock who was quoting Sherlock....Mind blown!!

September 30, 2013 11:53 pm  #60

josabby wrote:

I wonder if the clip is from an actual episode or if it's fake teaser footage they mentioned shooting...

The "not actual footage" debacle wasn't true at all.  Sherlockology screwed the pooch on that one and had people thinking that we weren't getting actual footage.  The producers have directly refuted these claims...everything we have seen so far is actual footage from the actual show..and as far as the BBC Drama Trailer, all of the footage is undeniably from the actual show.

Board footera