BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2013 11:41 am  #21

Re: New Sherlock Footage Debuts

I would like to request a moment of silence so that we can somberly contemplate the fact that we are all so BLOODY EASY!!

LMAO   Yep.  One new Sherlock sentence drops from Ben's perfect lips and we are all on the floor.

Some of us may not survive Series 3!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 1, 2013 12:10 pm  #22

Since the first trailer was without any text these two sentences are the first we got from Series 3.
Therefore they deserve attention.

The expression "thrill of the chase" is not new. Sherlock already used it in ASiB when talking to Irene.

"Enjoying the thrill of the chase is fine. I sympathise entirely."

September 1, 2013 12:20 pm  #23

tonnaree wrote:

I would like to request a moment of silence so that we can somberly contemplate the fact that we are all so BLOODY EASY!!

LMAO   Yep.  One new Sherlock sentence drops from Ben's perfect lips and we are all on the floor.

Agreed. Trying to watch the trailer in silence. ...Failing miserably. 
I would love to see Moffat and Gattis being really happy about the fact that we are at their mercy so much.. I bet they love it.

September 1, 2013 12:22 pm  #24

Maggi13 wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Agreed. Trying to watch the trailer in silence. ...Failing miserably. 
I would love to see Moffat and Gattis being really happy about the fact that we are at their mercy so much.. I bet they love it.

I rather think they do it for us. A bit of a sweet torture, isn't it?

September 1, 2013 12:31 pm  #25

Moffat and Gattis may be black hearted bastards but they are also pretty awesome dudes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

September 1, 2013 1:04 pm  #26

the_dancing_woman wrote:

On second thought the scene could also be interpreted as Sherlock trying to "win" John back after his return, reminding him of their adventures together. Either way, seems like a pretty intense moment to me.

I'm with you, Dancing.  I did not hear sarcasm at all.  I heard sincere intensity in "you and me against the world" as he tries to get John to 'rejoin' him in the dangers and adventures. Whether this is because John wants nothing more to do with him after The Fall and all his attention is now on building a life with Mary or because a Sherlock really needs him 'back in the game' with help that only John can provide - not sure.  But for great drama there must be great emotional tension and conflict.  The stakes need to be high and I think they were giving a good hint of that.  Can't wait!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

September 1, 2013 1:11 pm  #27

I got the impression that this is the moment when Sherlock wins John back. I didn't hear sarcasm at all,  just a highly emotional Sherlock laying his soul bare for John.

Excuse me while I hide from the world and cry now....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

September 1, 2013 1:23 pm  #28

nicbooful wrote:

I got the impression that this is the moment when Sherlock wins John back. I didn't hear sarcasm at all, just a highly emotional Sherlock laying his soul bare for John.

I would agree with that - and of course, I hope it'll be like that. Might have to do with the fact that I really don't want to see sarcasm of that kind between the boys after everything they both had to go through after Sherlock's 'death'.
But even if there should be sarcasm between them at that point... I suppose that's fine as long as they manage to resolve it in the very same scene or shortly afterwards. Would even make for quite a bit of pretty good drama, I guess. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 1, 2013 1:24 pm  #29

I freaked out when I heard Sherlock's line. I know not the context.... But still. XD

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

September 1, 2013 1:49 pm  #30

KeepersPrice wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

On second thought the scene could also be interpreted as Sherlock trying to "win" John back after his return, reminding him of their adventures together. Either way, seems like a pretty intense moment to me.

I'm with you, Dancing. I did not hear sarcasm at all. I heard sincere intensity in "you and me against the world" as he tries to get John to 'rejoin' him in the dangers and adventures. Whether this is because John wants nothing more to do with him after The Fall and all his attention is now on building a life with Mary or because a Sherlock really needs him 'back in the game' with help that only John can provide - not sure. But for great drama there must be great emotional tension and conflict. The stakes need to be high and I think they were giving a good hint of that. Can't wait!

To me this also seems to be the more likely version by now: Sherlock appealing to John during one of their first confrontations after the fall, bringing back their glorious days to him, would explain the intensity in Sherlock's voice and eyes.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 1, 2013 2:22 pm  #31

*is still freaking out*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 2:41 pm  #32

the_dancing_woman wrote:

KeepersPrice wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I'm with you, Dancing. I did not hear sarcasm at all. I heard sincere intensity in "you and me against the world" as he tries to get John to 'rejoin' him in the dangers and adventures. Whether this is because John wants nothing more to do with him after The Fall and all his attention is now on building a life with Mary or because a Sherlock really needs him 'back in the game' with help that only John can provide - not sure. But for great drama there must be great emotional tension and conflict. The stakes need to be high and I think they were giving a good hint of that. Can't wait!

To me this also seems to be the more likely version by now: Sherlock appealing to John during one of their first confrontations after the fall, bringing back their glorious days to him, would explain the intensity in Sherlock's voice and eyes.

That was my first impression, and after watching it a few more times (a few...hah ), I'm sticking with my first impression . Especially if the first part of that line "The thrill of the chase, the blood pumping through your veins" is a part of the same speech or scene as "The two of us against the world", it just seems to less likely be a mocking sarcastic response. It is hard to know when it's out of context like that, but still, my feeling is that it's at least not mainly sarcasm on Sherlocks part. I guess we'll find out when we see it! *screams some more* 

-------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2013 3:05 pm  #33

I'm definitely in the "trying to convince John" camp.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

September 1, 2013 3:18 pm  #34

Yep, me too. And I think it's safe to say that John gives in. The adrenaline rush is what attracted him to the work in the first place, and it was why he stayed. Working with Sherlock gave him a new purpose in life.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

September 1, 2013 4:20 pm  #35

Is that Molly on the back of that bike?

It's certainly modern day London and it looks a lot like her scarf.

Could be Sherlock riding it - might be a bit too much Sherlock in the footage if that's the case but I'm perfectly happy with that.

-m0r

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

September 1, 2013 4:27 pm  #36

I can assure you that it's not Molly.

September 1, 2013 4:40 pm  #37

I don't know, but the way in which he says "The two of us against..." reminds me a lot of the way in which he says "The game, Mrs. Hudson, is on!" in ASiP. Not a hundred percent, but very much. The more often I watch this, the less I am convinced it's sarcasm...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

September 1, 2013 4:42 pm  #38

kittykat wrote:

The difference between assure and assume it's rather large KK. Spoiler breaching large 

Are you still assuring or simply disagreeing?

Also, not in any harsh way, could you stop PMing me please - I won't respond and so it is a waste of effort at your end. Again, not in a harsh way, I just play to the galleries in my communiques.

Public opinion dictates what is acceptable and my errs receive more feedback that way.

-m0r

And each separate dying ember wrought its ghost upon the floor.

September 1, 2013 5:06 pm  #39

m0r1arty wrote:

kittykat wrote:

The difference between assure and assume it's rather large KK. Spoiler breaching large 

Are you still assuring or simply disagreeing?
-m0r

Having read some spoilers, I think I can say It's not Molly

Last edited by holmes23 (September 1, 2013 5:06 pm)

September 1, 2013 5:26 pm  #40

Not Molly. But as you don't like spoilers I don't think anyone in here will tell you who

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

Board footera