BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 1, 2013 8:10 am  #1

September 1, 2013 8:19 am  #2

Re: New Sherlock Footage Debuts

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

September 1, 2013 8:21 am  #3

So thereis no real footage?

September 1, 2013 8:22 am  #4

There's a short clip and it's brilliant x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

September 1, 2013 8:35 am  #5

Just two of us against the rest of the world

Sherlock finally said that!

September 1, 2013 9:23 am  #6

holmes23 wrote:

I hope they weren't arguing, that'd mean he was just being sarcastic while actually telling John that it's not like that (just bearing in mind how the Moftiss like to fool us around...).

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

September 1, 2013 9:28 am  #7

Interesting point, Kerkerian!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

September 1, 2013 9:39 am  #8

Kerkerian wrote:

holmes23 wrote:

I hope they weren't arguing, that'd mean he was just being sarcastic while actually telling John that it's not like that (just bearing in mind how the Moftiss like to fool us around...).

Yes, could be like:
Sherlock: "I was always thinking 'You and I against the rest of the world' - apparently, I was wrong, John."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

September 1, 2013 9:44 am  #9

Kerkerian wrote:

holmes23 wrote:

But the preceding line "The Thrill of the chase. The blood pumping in your veins" gives hope

BTW BBC know how to play the game well. With a single moment from Sherlock (but enough to appease the fans) they  marketted the other shows as well. That's a good thing, as they seem quite interesting, but if there was no Sherlock, I would never have seen them.

September 1, 2013 10:16 am  #10

Right. Hubby already said he'd like to see the others, too. 

September 1, 2013 10:20 am  #11

They all look good. I am a bit envious when I compare this with the many boring old-fashioned stuff we get over here. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

September 1, 2013 10:31 am  #12

This is so f...ing brilliant, about 5 seconds of a trailer, and we are all back to speculating wildly. If I were Gatiss or Moffat, I would be high fiving my own image in the mirror every morning, and rightly so.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

September 1, 2013 10:50 am  #13

Can anybody identify the city we can see at 0:18? Not London, I suppose?

“Just the two of us against the rest of the world…”
Sherlock sounds indeed sarcastic.
Maybe John said that he can’t understand why Sherlock played the game against Moriarty and arranged the fall without him. That he feels left out and fooled because he was ready to acompany Sherlock on his hiatus.
Perhaps Sherlock turns that expression against John sarcastically because now Sherlock feels as if he was number three.

Maybe Sherlock quotes John. Perhaps Sherlock heard a commitment (vow?) when John was talking to another female character.

Just a shot in the dark.

September 1, 2013 10:52 am  #14

*watches trailer, squeaking and clapping wherever Sherlock footage (both new and old) appears* Hm, excuse me for a moment...*bounces off the walls, runs around the house screaming* THAT WAS AWESOME!  Just when I think I can get anymore excited for Sherlock...bam!  The other shows look kinda neat too , but that Sherlock stuff....damn , it's amazing what mere seconds can do to us . When the first Sherlock footage showed up in the trailer, Sherlock gazing out at a City vista (obviously new footage, I don't recognize the city...hm, I wonder where it is?), I swear I nearly fainted...and then of course I heard him speak, that line and brief clip with John...I couldn't stop squealing!  And then those little bits of him and you-know-who and the you-know-what...gahhhh! *screams some more* 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 1, 2013 10:52 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2013 11:03 am  #15

Be, you are right, now it also sounds quite sarcastic to me. No bromance, then. 

September 1, 2013 11:10 am  #16

Mattlocked wrote:

Be, you are right, now it also sounds quite sarcastic to me. No bromance, then.

Hm, possibly...I'm not entirely convinced it is, but it's certainly plausible, it's really hard to tell without knowing the context. It could be joking sarcasm, mocking sarcasm, truth sarcasm...or not sarcasm at all...I don't know , whatever the context, it still gives me smiles, squeals and shivers! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (September 1, 2013 11:11 am)

-------------------------------------------------------

September 1, 2013 11:16 am  #17

The city at 0:18 looks like a city in southern europe. Montpellier is mentioned in The Empty House. 
Possible?

Steve Lawes has been in Lisbon in May. Perhaps he shot some footage there for Sherlock?

https://twitter.com/SteveLawes/status/337468352396148736/photo/1

Last edited by Be (September 1, 2013 11:26 am)

September 1, 2013 11:30 am  #18

Now I am utterly scared of what the new episode will do to me! After a few seconds and words I am FREAKING OUT completelly. 
And tumblr just exploded all over the place.. *tries to breath* 

September 1, 2013 11:34 am  #19

Having watched it again, I am with you on the sarcasm bit. As to why, impossible to make out without knowing the full context of the scene. Still a great quote though.

"The thrill of the chase, the blood pumping through your veins" sounds very promising to me as a concept. But I think this is most likely Sherlock talking to John in the same context as in the "the two of us against the rest of the world" scene, in fact I think it is the same scene.
Could actually very well be in response to John berating Sherlock as to why he did not let him in on the secret of his staged disappearance. I am certain this part of Sherlock's "survival plan" will be a huge issue in the first episode.

(Sorry, hope I didn't get too much into spoilery territory)

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (September 1, 2013 5:53 pm)

September 1, 2013 11:39 am  #20

On second thought the scene could also be interpreted as Sherlock trying to "win" John back after his return, reminding him of their adventures together. Either way, seems like a pretty intense moment to me.

Board footera