BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 30, 2013 9:19 pm  #41

Re: CHAT ROOM!

I think this would be possible if there is a warning for all who cannot see it at the time.

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 30, 2013 9:28 pm  #42

Sounds fair  Posting on here would take forever and doesn't really work with a fast-paced show...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 30, 2013 9:28 pm  #43

You guys really want to chat about it while you are watching it for the first time...? Wow, that's definitely not for me... makes it a bit difficult to not just see, but to also observe, I think.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 30, 2013 9:30 pm  #44

I can multitask

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 30, 2013 9:40 pm  #45

Yeah, well, me too. But in this case... no. This is just too special, I wouldn't wanna get distracted for just a second. But I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, chatting away. It's just not my cup of tea.
Having the opportunity to talk about it here immediately afterwards will be great, though.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 30, 2013 9:50 pm  #46

Sometimes in the last two series, there was a fade to black before the next scene. just enough time to make a little post

August 30, 2013 9:53 pm  #47

Maybe for people who don't have much to say 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 30, 2013 9:56 pm  #48

Harriet wrote:

Maybe for people who don't have much to say

August 30, 2013 10:03 pm  #49

We can go crazy as it's playing and then dissect it later

August 30, 2013 10:28 pm  #50

Most of the time, there are 2-3 people at most in the chat, and honestly, while I understand and appreciate the want to be unspoiled, I think that spoilers are what many people want to talk about, because, honestly...almost everything has been said that can be said about a show that hasn't been on tv in over 1 1/2 years.  If you say no spoilers at all, I think that limits what people can talk about...and aren't we all adults here?  I think everyone in the chat has been very courteous and stops talking about spoilers when someone else comes in who doesn't want to talk about it.  I think that the chat subject should be left up to the people talking there at that time, with everyone free to use their own discretion without insulting others in the chat.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 31, 2013 7:09 am  #51

I completely agree with what sj4iy said. I'm more or less unspoiled, but I'm still not in favor of a strict absolutely-no-spoilers-in-the-chat-rule. I think, or I hope, that we should have a nice, considerate atmosphere in the chat with give and take from both 'sides'.

So if people in the chat want to talk about some exciting new spoiler or whatever, I'd be the first person to offer to leave and let them discuss. Just, and that's the important part for me: Let me know! Give me a warning beforehand so that I can leave, or close my eyes, or whatever, and all is well

I hope we can find a compromise that suits everybody.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 31, 2013 8:18 am  #52

SolarSystem wrote:

Yeah, well, me too. But in this case... no. This is just too special, I wouldn't wanna get distracted for just a second. But I'm sure you'll have lots of fun, chatting away. It's just not my cup of tea.
Having the opportunity to talk about it here immediately afterwards will be great, though.

I totally agree.
I can do "multitask" when it airs the second or third time - but the first time: no way! Leave me alone, I want to ENJOY and not miss a SECOND! 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 31, 2013 8:18 am)

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 31, 2013 8:33 am  #53

If people want to talk literally as the episodes are airing then Twitter is the ideal forum. If spoilers are to be discussed in the Chatroom then they really, really need to be flagged up in advance and never just lobbed in. If it is only a couple of people wishing to discuss them there is the PM option.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 31, 2013 11:02 am  #54

August 31, 2013 11:12 am  #55

Marvin!
Don't be so negative all the time, Marvin. That's really so depressing...

August 31, 2013 12:21 pm  #56

That's why I love him so much. 

But this guy I love, too. 

Last edited by Mattlocked (August 31, 2013 12:26 pm)

August 31, 2013 12:34 pm  #57

Oh, and I can say right now with certainty that I won't be in the chat toon until the episode is over.  I can multitask...but I wouldn't want to ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 31, 2013 12:42 pm  #58

Davina wrote:

If people want to talk literally as the episodes are airing then Twitter is the ideal forum. If spoilers are to be discussed in the Chatroom then they really, really need to be flagged up in advance and never just lobbed in. If it is only a couple of people wishing to discuss them there is the PM option.

What if we're not on Twitter and have no wish to be?

August 31, 2013 1:14 pm  #59

That's one's own choice then, isn't it?

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 31, 2013 1:18 pm  #60

To not be part of the sheeple? Yep.

Board footera