BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 29, 2013 7:07 pm  #1241

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

sj4iy wrote:

Maybe Mary is killed or something happens to her at the end of the episode, and that's how they leave it.

Mary dying wouldn't leave me more frustrated at the end of His Last Vow - that's what Moffat promised - than it did after The Fall.
No - there has to be much more than just Mary's death - which won't be a big surprise as it's canon after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 29, 2013 7:11 pm  #1242

tobeornot221b wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Maybe Mary is killed or something happens to her at the end of the episode, and that's how they leave it.

Mary dying wouldn't leave me more frustrated at the end of His Last Vow - that's what Moffat promised - than it did after The Fall.
No - there has to be much more than just Mary's death - which won't be a big surprise as it's canon after all.

It's just a guess, really.  I have a feeling that CAM won't be caught by the end of it, though.  I think it would be more frustating if something happened to Mary and CAM got away with it.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 29, 2013 7:16 pm  #1243

kittykat wrote:

*sniffles* I'll buy some more tissues before Series 3 airs...

Sherlock series 3 is sponsored by Kleenex 

August 29, 2013 7:24 pm  #1244

Mrs. Watson wrote:

kittykat wrote:

*sniffles* I'll buy some more tissues before Series 3 airs...

Sherlock series 3 is sponsored by Kleenex 

They'll certainly make big sales...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 29, 2013 7:37 pm  #1245

Here are many setlock pics from a German Benedict fan page.

http://benedict-cumberbatch.de/media/bilder/events/sherlock-shooting-season-3/

Last edited by SusiGo (August 29, 2013 7:38 pm)

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 30, 2013 12:17 am  #1246

Very plausible theory for episode 3:

http://welovethebeekeeper.tumblr.com/post/59664023019/janine-yasmine-akram-in-ep-8-9-plus-other

"Janine [Yasmine Akram] in Ep 8 & 9 plus other speculation

Janine appears to be the chief bridesmaid/maid of honour at Mary and John’s wedding. We have seen her in her bridesmaid dress, along side Sherlock, who we know is the best man. Traditional photo shoot at most weddings is chief bridesmaid with the best man. This would indicate that Janine is Mary’s best friend, as is traditional in the UK to have the brides best friend serve as chief bridesmaid, the grooms best friend as best man.

We have references in Ep 9 to TWIST, The Man with the Twisted Lip, in so much as we have a crack house [modern version of opium den] and Sherlock undercover as an addict. In TWIS the case was initiated by Mary’s friend.

It therefore makes sense that Janine will be used in Ep 9.

I am sure that Moffat has done his usual mashup of canon stories so we will definitely have CHAS, Charles August Milverton, in there, plus maybe ILLU, Illustrious Client crossover, and even LION, Lions Mane. Janine could be utilised as a victim of Magnussen or an employee of Magnessen, the latter giving rise to a Mary/Janine in cahoots with him??? We can speculate a great deal on that one.

Oh…. and TWIS also has the “James” slip in it, when Mary calls John by the wrong name. As pointed out by violethuntress, they have given Major Sholto the name James. SO Mary/Janine/Sholto? And…looking at SIGN, Sign of the Four, one of the four was called ‘Small” and now in Ep 9 we have a Lady SMALLwood. It’s starting to look very suspicious, as well it should."

Last edited by sj4iy (August 30, 2013 12:17 am)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 30, 2013 12:31 am  #1247

This series is gonna be so freaking cool...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 30, 2013 4:53 am  #1248

Has anyone actually died from anticipation?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 30, 2013 4:58 am  #1249

tonnaree wrote:

I don't think so. Anticipation is extremely stimulatory.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 30, 2013 10:24 am  #1250

tobeornot221b wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Has anyone ever died of OVER stimulation?  

Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 30, 2013 11:32 am  #1251

tonnaree wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

tonnaree wrote:

Has anyone ever died of OVER stimulation?  

Yes. Quite common. Heart attack or asphyxiation probably.  (Also in real life, I'm afraid.)

August 30, 2013 1:38 pm  #1252

It hopefully won't be that serious, but I'm sure the closer we are getting to the air date, the more I'll be a nervous wreck... "Patiently waiting for series 3"...? I'm not so sure...

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 30, 2013 2:09 pm  #1253

SolarSystem wrote:

It hopefully won't be that serious, but I'm sure the closer we are getting to the air date, the more I'll be a nervous wreck... "Patiently waiting for series 3"...? I'm not so sure...

Pretty much this ^ 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 30, 2013 2:21 pm  #1254

I'm not really anxious yet...that will probably happen in the days and hours before the first episode airs

August 30, 2013 2:30 pm  #1255

Time to up the meds.

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 30, 2013 2:40 pm  #1256

sj4iy wrote:

I'm not really anxious yet...that will probably happen in the days and hours before the first episode airs

Yes, definitely. I'll probably be jumping around the flat nervously all day on the day of the first episode, unable to sit still for just a minute. My boyfriend will be so not amused.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 30, 2013 2:59 pm  #1257

sj4iy wrote:

Yep, the last few days before the first episode airs will be the worst, for me always is. Waiting for something that is still a long way off is not so bad, but when it finally gets really close, I am literally rushing all over the place in full excitement

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 30, 2013 3:40 pm  #1258

I remember being quite excited sitting down to watch SCANDAL last year, but not half as excited as I'm going to be this time.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 30, 2013 4:30 pm  #1259

I'll be running around insanely trying to avoid spoilers after it airs in the UK before I can dow................never mind.  Nothing to see here.  Move a long.

*looks innocent*  *bats eyelashes*

Honorary German  
 -Vaclav Havel 

August 30, 2013 4:33 pm  #1260

tonnaree wrote:

I'll be running around insanely trying to avoid spoilers after it airs in the UK before I can dow................never mind.  Nothing to see here.  Move a long.

*looks innocent*  *bats eyelashes*

I saw that

Board footera