BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 26, 2013 9:12 pm  #1181

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Swanpride wrote:

Is it just me or did Benedict loose weight again compared to season 2? I mean, I know he was packing for the Frankenstein role back then, but I think he looked more like Sherlock Holmes in season 1, when his face was smaller. It would be great to have skinny Sherlock back in season 3.

From a plot point of view, it would make sense for him to be skinnier for season 3 of Sherlock, more so for the beginning of it. I'm assuming Sherlock has probably been in hiding and on the run for a while, either tracking down Moriarty's goons or some other reason we're not aware of, and also since during that time he's separated from John, it would make sense for Sherlock to be neglecting his body even more.

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 26, 2013 9:12 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

August 26, 2013 9:30 pm  #1182

kittykat wrote:

Not looking at the crotch area, honest...

I wasn't until you mentioned it. Then I scrolled back up....

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 26, 2013 9:30 pm  #1183

He looked very skinny in May at the London STID premiere. I think by now he has put on some weight but the way the clothes sit on him … oh, my … 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 27, 2013 3:58 am  #1184

Great roundup of a 12-hour(!) night shoot:

http://dudeufugly.tumblr.com/post/59441133971/spoiler-sherlock-series-3-roundup-august-23rd

Basically...it looks like John and Sherlock are inside CAM (Charles A. Magnussen) HQ with security guards who do running scenes and freezing scenes.

There's apparently a scene inside Sherlock's mind, because this:

...and there was an ambulance scene with BC's double.

"The day at CAM tower he was most likely in the green screen/freeze frame scene, yes. He was also used for the ambulance scene that was shot across town while BC was up on the 32nd floor filming something else..."

So...theory...

Does something happen to Sherlock at the CAM building?  Do we see some of it played in Sherlock's mind (as evidenced by the freezing and a security guard apparently reaching down for someone on the ground)?  There's a scene in Sherlock's mind (won't that be a trip), there's definitely a hospital scene where we see John and Lestrade talking and leaving, an ambulance scene, a scene with Sherlock possibly having an IV drip and maybe wearing a hospital gown...all of it is pointing to something bad happening to Sherlock.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 27, 2013 4:40 am  #1185

Whatever it is that's happening there, the location definitely makes for a great setting. I imagine that the atmosphere in that building could be quite ominous, especially with the night shoot. With the information we have so far it seems very likely that something will happen to Sherlock there... but who knows what else they'll come up with... uh, enthralling!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 27, 2013 5:39 am  #1186

Sherlock!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2013 10:36 am  #1187

Swanpride wrote:

Is it just me or did Benedict loose weight again compared to season 2? I mean, I know he was packing for the Frankenstein role back then, but I think he looked more like Sherlock Holmes in season 1, when his face was smaller. It would be great to have skinny Sherlock back in season 3.

He definitely did, his face was very thin when they started filming. During the nightshoot in Bristol I had plenty of time to look at him (sigh...), and I remember thinking "yay, he's back to his season one- look" because I completely agree with you about season 2.

About the suit- his black corduroy suit (which he wore when he and John first met and also during the pool scene) will always be my favourite, but the blue one is definitely number two on the list...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 27, 2013 1:01 pm  #1188

Poor Sherlock

This Magnussen guy...can I please kick his ass? He deserves it

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 27, 2013 5:52 pm  #1189

*swoops in with another Benedict setlock pic*

I LOVE this one! 

August 27, 2013 5:53 pm  #1190

Cute.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 27, 2013 5:54 pm  #1191

Did he pop out to see what all the screaming was about?

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 27, 2013 6:32 pm  #1192

kittykat wrote:

Poor Sherlock

Please let me help x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 27, 2013 6:42 pm  #1193

nicbooful wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Poor Sherlock

Please let me help x

Me too! *grabs pitchfork* There, I'm ready  ...anyone who messes with Sherlock and/or John is due for some payback! I hope Magnuseen eventually gets his comeuppance. 

August 27, 2013 6:45 pm  #1194

The more the merrier! Nobody hurts our boys!

August 27, 2013 7:45 pm  #1195

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

*swoops in with another Benedict setlock pic*

I LOVE this one! 

I so second that...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 27, 2013 9:15 pm  #1196

Hey guys. I went setlocking on Saturday and Sunday. Got back at 4am last night after being on one of those all night bus things. About half way through my full report. Coming soon...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 28, 2013 3:49 am  #1197

Awesome :D

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 28, 2013 3:52 am  #1198

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Poor Sherlock

Please let me help x

Me too! *grabs pitchfork* There, I'm ready  ...anyone who messes with Sherlock and/or John is due for some payback! I hope Magnuseen eventually gets his comeuppance. 

I'll be the weird one looking forward to it  Sherlock needs to come down to earth every now and then.

August 28, 2013 3:19 pm  #1199

May be white is the next Purple

http://anotherbenaddict.tumblr.com/post/59437582061/your-damn-sexy-body-is-going-to-kill-me

BTW, it seems that the scene at Magnusson's place is going to be a thrilling one, with Sherlock and John outwitting the security men, facing unforeseen  dangers and so on

August 28, 2013 3:25 pm  #1200

holmes23 wrote:

May be white is the next Purple

http://anotherbenaddict.tumblr.com/post/59437582061/your-damn-sexy-body-is-going-to-kill-me

BTW, it seems that the scene at Magnusson's place is going to be a thrilling one, with Sherlock and John outwitting the security men, facing unforeseen dangers and so on

Sounds great to me :D

Board footera