BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 23, 2013 4:03 pm  #41

Re: How will Series 3 end? (CONTAINS SPOILER DISCUSSION)

Mary Me wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Oh God, have I given everyone feels?

Mwahahahaha *evil Moffat laugh*

I lovingly hate you. 

Which is how I'm sure the general fandom feels about Moffat and Gatiss!! So this must be an honour! 

Oh and to answer your question Boss, yes you've given us heart-breaking feels...thanks  

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (July 23, 2013 4:04 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

July 23, 2013 7:31 pm  #42

Excellent. The plan is working. *rubs hands evilly and strokes white cat (at the same time)*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 23, 2013 7:35 pm  #43

You've got three hands?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 23, 2013 7:37 pm  #44

Telekinesic cat stroking. Impressive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I still believe that love conquers all!

"Quick, man, if you love me."

July 23, 2013 7:39 pm  #45

This mental image has just made me snort and giggle in public.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 23, 2013 7:41 pm  #46

Shouldn't it be a black cat? Just asking.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 23, 2013 7:43 pm  #47

Villains always seem to have white cats.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 23, 2013 7:47 pm  #48

They have white cats and they sit in black swivelly chairs.

July 23, 2013 7:48 pm  #49

It was a white cat which I owe my accident to. I don't know how I feel about that. o.Ô

Last edited by Mary Me (July 23, 2013 10:23 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 23, 2013 7:49 pm  #50

Proof that white cats are evil, then.

July 23, 2013 7:52 pm  #51

Tho cute!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 23, 2013 9:25 pm  #52

Mary Me wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

My favourite new theory for the ending:

John, Sherlock and Mary are all on a case together.

They are trapped by a bad guy, and John is given a gun, forced to choose whether to kill Mary or Sherlock. He just stands there, looking from one to the other.

Then he asks if he kills himself, will he let them both live. The bad guy says yes. So, John turns the gun on himself.

Sherlock leaps on him, knocking his arm out the way. The gun goes off. Mary is shot and collapses on the floor. John runs over to her. It's too late. She dies in his arms, blood all over the place.

Sherlock is standing by, awkwardly watching and unsure what to do. Eventually, when John isn't moving and is just continuing to hold her and cradle her, sobbing, he goes forward and gently pulls him away, the sound of ambulances getting closer. John reluctantly lets her go and stands up. Sherlock wraps his arms around him and they silently hug.

John makes a vow to his dead wife that he will have vengence on her killer, who has since vacated the premises.

He and Sherlock manage to track him down but it all ends badly in a Three Garridebs type scenario where John is shot, but worse than just a flesh wound as in the story. It's touch or go whether he will live or die and Sherlock is faced with the prospect of losing his best friend for good.

The End.

THIS. IS. HORRIBLE. 

Yes, but it's also rather brilliant.  

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

July 24, 2013 10:54 am  #53

Oh no, it cannot end like that!  
Uhh, could be interesting, but terrible for Sherlock! Even much worse than Sherlock's "death" for John... 

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 24, 2013 2:30 pm  #54

I wouldn't be shocked if Mary is killed off...but I don't think anything will happen to John (jesus, enough already happens to him).

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 24, 2013 6:43 pm  #55

Well, it IS canon for Mary to die.

August 27, 2013 2:57 am  #56

I feel as if His Last Vow could pertain to many things. Seeing as one makes a vow in marriage, I wonder if they won't get married until episode three, and Mary will die on her wedding day.
Or a villain is dying and makes some vow on his deathbead.
Or it's something super random and unexpected, such as Lestrade or Mycroft being killed off and vowing something before death.
I've come up with a myriad of options.

-------------------------------------------------------------

"Listen - what I said before, John? I meant it. I don't have friends. I've just got one."

August 27, 2013 5:59 am  #57

I certainly don't want to lose either Greg or Mycroft and the wedding was filmed for ep 2 of the series.

August 27, 2013 6:30 am  #58

I think Greg and Mycroft are essential parts of the series, can't imagine losing either of those two.

My guess still is, "his last vow" will apply to Mary (and thus to John and Sherlock) somehow

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 27, 2013 7:27 am  #59

I can't help myself, but I always have to think about what they said at Comic Con (and I know I'm repeating myself here): that the end of series 3 will make us go "No, it can't end here!".

That's why I can't imagine anything happen to Greg or Mycroft (I would be surprised and shocked, but not in the way described at Comic Con). And I also can't really think of Mary... or if something really bad happens to her, then something equally bad would have to happen to John subsequently because of that. I would only go "No, it can't end here!" if John and/or Sherlock would be primarily involved, can't help myself.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 27, 2013 7:28 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 27, 2013 3:58 pm  #60

Which they could be...if they both lose Mary,

Board footera