BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 25, 2013 8:52 pm  #1121

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I knew it. I've always thought it was a possibility.  It doesn't make me mad at all.  I feel happy knowing that I know less than I presumed.

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 25, 2013 8:53 pm  #1122

kittykat wrote:

Fake scenes?

We've been trolled!

I love them. All of them!

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 25, 2013 8:54 pm  #1123

besleybean wrote:

She was threatenig to jump on the bonnet of the taxi if she actually caught it up...can you imagine their faces?  Tee He!

Are there any artists in this forum? Someone needs to draw this as if it actually happened.

August 25, 2013 8:54 pm  #1124

Oh I'm not annoyed, just slightly bemused...I mean I think most of us can work out the likely fakes...so what was the point?!
EDIT: no doubt the boss will give full report...she did catch up with them!

Last edited by besleybean (August 25, 2013 8:56 pm)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 25, 2013 9:00 pm  #1125

besleybean wrote:

Oh I'm not annoyed,...

Nope. Rather the opposite. I guessed it, too - but then: They actually did it!!! It's just great! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 25, 2013 9:02 pm  #1126

I'm in shock...but it's hilarious!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 25, 2013 9:10 pm  #1127

kittykat wrote:

Need a shock blanket?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 25, 2013 9:12 pm  #1128

kittykat wrote:

Fake scenes?

We've been trolled!

Yeah, but they're awesome trolls! Honestly, I'm not at all surprised they filmed fake footage, I expected that, still...it is kinda cool having it confirmed! 

*passes shock blankets around*

-------------------------------------------------------

August 25, 2013 9:14 pm  #1129

They filmed some fake scenes for "The Empty Hearse". It was confirmed by director Jeremy Lovering. This is exciting news. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=epIch_VCVp8&feature=youtu.be&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DepIch_VCVp8%26feature%3Dyoutu.be&nomobile=1

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2013 9:16 pm  #1130

It better not be the restaurant/kebab shop/ bonfire stuff!!!!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 25, 2013 9:17 pm  #1131

SolarSystem wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Need a shock blanket?

Yes, please!

August 25, 2013 9:20 pm  #1132

kittykat wrote:

I think it might be some of the scenes at St Barts. 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 25, 2013 9:24 pm  #1133

SusiGo wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Me too, maybe the Mycroft-Moriarty-stuff. On the other hand, since this seems to be the first stuff that comes to mind... maybe it's something completely different we would never expect to be fake. Ha, so many possibilities!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 25, 2013 9:27 pm  #1134

And what about the Derren Brown stuff? I'm very happy about this news, it's something I had hoped for. Keeping us on our toes. 

August 25, 2013 9:28 pm  #1135

SusiGo wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I suppose the scence with Derren Brown could be a fake. I had always wondered, how this should fit in the episode.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 25, 2013 9:40 pm  #1136

The Derren Brown scenes must be fake. I wonder about the Moriarty ones too.  Why would he be wearing Sherlock's coat?

August 25, 2013 10:18 pm  #1137

Swanpride wrote:

Since when is that news? I thought this was pretty obvious when they did the Derren Brown scene.

I don't think that the Bonfire is a fake. Filming with Fire is just too expensive and difficult to do it just for fun.

Sorry, but for me it became definite news only when the director himself confirmed it. Until then it was hopeful speculation. 

August 26, 2013 5:23 am  #1138

I did not expect that they put so much effort into misleading the audience. But if the Derren Brown scene is a fake, I am relieved - would be a very odd explanation otherwise.

I suppose, only scences around St. Barts / the fall are fakes, in order to hide the true explanation of Sherlock's survial.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

August 26, 2013 5:41 am  #1139

I thought that was what was said, in the links both Susi and I posted!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 26, 2013 5:49 am  #1140

Thanks for posting!

That explains a lot, a few of the Reichenbach explanation scenes that we got to see seemed a little odd to me. I am glad they officially cofirmed that some of the scenes they shot were just trolling! The Derren Brown scene does smell very fakey indeed... 
I love the idea that they went to such lengths

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera