BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 19, 2013 6:23 am  #841

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I expect the writers to inflict more emotional pain on US this time. What about:
Mary dies, John blames her death on Sherlock and makes the vow: "I will never ever see you again."
THAT is something we all would be thinking of: No they can't let it end like this!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 19, 2013 6:44 am  #842

But what kind of "vow" would that be? There has to be one...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 19, 2013 7:25 am  #843

tobeornot221b wrote:

I expect the writers to inflict more emotional pain on US this time. What about:
Mary dies, John blames her death on Sherlock and makes the vow: "I will never ever see you again."
THAT is something we all would be thinking of: No they can't let it end like this!

That would be even worse than Sherlock's 'death'. If they really do that, they'd better give us a series 4 real soon! Seeing John at Sherlock's grave was bad enough, but seeing their friendship more or less fall apart... OMG.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 19, 2013 7:27 am  #844

Your last vow in marriage is loving each other till death do you part.  I don't think the vow is between Sherlock and John...I think it's John and Mary.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 19, 2013 7:35 am  #845

sj4iy wrote:

Your last vow in marriage is loving each other till death do you part. I don't think the vow is between Sherlock and John...I think it's John and Mary.

But I expect this vow to happen already in The Sign Of Three.

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 19, 2013 7:40 am  #846

tobeornot221b wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Your last vow in marriage is loving each other till death do you part. I don't think the vow is between Sherlock and John...I think it's John and Mary.

I meant that death parts John and Mary.  Your vows still count afterwards ;)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 19, 2013 7:49 am  #847

sj4iy wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I meant that death parts John and Mary. Your vows still count afterwards ;)

Hmm...but that would be too simple an explanation for "the last vow" - nothing that would frustrate ME more than the cliffhangers of S1 and 2 already did - apart from my sympathy for John, of course...

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 19, 2013 7:55 am  #848

tobeornot221b wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

I meant that death parts John and Mary. Your vows still count afterwards ;)

Hmm...but that would be too simple an explanation for "the last vow" - nothing that would frustrate ME more than the cliffhangers of S1 and 2 already did - apart from my sympathy for John, of course...

Yes, I also think this would be a bit too lame. And I really exepct this to be something between John and Sherlock.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 19, 2013 12:42 pm  #849

SolarSystem wrote:

tobeornot221b wrote:

That would be even worse than Sherlock's 'death'. If they really do that, they'd better give us a series 4 real soon! Seeing John at Sherlock's grave was bad enough, but seeing their friendship more or less fall apart... OMG.

No!  They can't do that...they just...they just wouldn't! It would be cruel!  Especially after everything both Sherlock and John have gone through during their separation, they really don't need any more trauma to their relationship.

-------------------------------------------------------

August 19, 2013 1:10 pm  #850

If Mary is killed and it's because of Magnussen, then perhaps Sherlock will vow to John that they'll get revenge? That he'll pay for it? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 19, 2013 1:30 pm  #851

kittykat wrote:

If Mary is killed and it's because of Magnussen, then perhaps Sherlock will vow to John that they'll get revenge? That he'll pay for it? 

Possibly. Why call it "His Last Vow" then? I guess it could be his Last Vow about Mary...hrmph, there are many possibilties. 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 19, 2013 1:35 pm  #852

But no one uses the phrase "vow" anymore unless talking about wedding vows.  It's an archaic term for "promise"...Sherlock nor John would "vow" to take revenge, that would sound hilariously antiquated.

August 19, 2013 1:41 pm  #853

What do you think of the setlock pictures? I mean... WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK.
Has Sherlock suddenly become homeless?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 19, 2013 1:43 pm  #854

Mary Me wrote:

What do you think of the setlock pictures? I mean... WHAT THE ACTUAL HECK.
Has Sherlock suddenly become homeless?

Disguise, imo.

August 19, 2013 1:46 pm  #855

Just one word and so many possibilities...the more I see spoilers, the more I'm puzzled
They're doing a good job to keep us on our toes!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 19, 2013 1:49 pm  #856

Yeah... I'm just confused. Now I'm really curious about the plot in episode 3.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 19, 2013 1:51 pm  #857

This is a funny one XD

August 19, 2013 1:54 pm  #858

Oh, I love them!

Were the cameras rolling or not?

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 19, 2013 1:56 pm  #859

Well... let's hope it's a shot of Benedict fooling around and none of Sherlock.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 19, 2013 1:57 pm  #860

Could be Sherlock making a deduction and getting all excited about it...he does that...

Board footera