BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 17, 2013 4:03 pm  #21

Re: Sherlock's reaction when Moriarty shoots himself

I'm wondering if Moriarty instructed his men that whatever happened, they had to see Sherlock jump.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 17, 2013 4:21 pm  #22

I'm wondering if Sherlock sent a text to Molly or whomever that they would need to clear the roof after his fall, after Moriarty shot himself and before he called John.

Last edited by Mary Me (June 17, 2013 4:22 pm)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

June 17, 2013 4:35 pm  #23

I feel Mycroft may have dealt with that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

June 17, 2013 5:03 pm  #24

besleybean wrote:

I feel Mycroft may have dealt with that.

That's what drives me insane, lol.  I want to know what his role was, but there's no way to know until then.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

June 17, 2013 6:21 pm  #25

I always thought, if Sherlock is going to destroy Moriarty´s spider web after TRF, like in canon, it could be helpful that Moriarty´s "colleagues" think for a while that their boss isn´t dead. They could act less carefully not being aware of that. If I am right with that it´s very likely Mycroft responsible for bringing away Moriarty´s dead body, assuming the spider web destruction is a long-term plan of the Holmes brothers together.

Last edited by anjaH_alias (June 18, 2013 2:07 pm)

August 9, 2013 8:41 pm  #26

I´m still thinking about one fact....
Look at Moriartys Face after he shot himself in his mouth. O.K. there was blood. But how would a face look after a gunshot inside?
Not as perfect as it was showed.
But as Moffat said at SDCC: “He shot himself in the face! What more do you want? “Faking suicides at each other” would be a “waste of a scene”.

So, was it a mistake? Or do they just avoid to show this horrible picture?

Last edited by Sava (August 9, 2013 8:42 pm)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"All lives end. All hearts are broken. Caring is not an advantage"

August 10, 2013 5:18 am  #27

All that matters is he's dead and he ain't coming back.

August 10, 2013 8:20 pm  #28

I think they simply avoided to show us a very horrible picture. The way he put the gun into his mouth was realistic enough for me. But I'm quite a soft person.

Not a fan.

August 10, 2013 8:32 pm  #29

Sava wrote:

I´m still thinking about one fact....
Look at Moriartys Face after he shot himself in his mouth. O.K. there was blood. But how would a face look after a gunshot inside?
Not as perfect as it was showed.
But as Moffat said at SDCC: “He shot himself in the face! What more do you want? “Faking suicides at each other” would be a “waste of a scene”.

So, was it a mistake? Or do they just avoid to show this horrible picture?

The blood in that picture reminds me of a pair of wings... or some kind of ears.
Also, Moffat could be tricking us. My dad said that someone shooting themselves in the head would be gorier, but then again, this series can't show too much blood at risk of angry parents or such.
And Sherlock closes his eyes when Moriarty shoots himself. He could've missed something.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 10, 2013 8:33 pm)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 10, 2013 8:34 pm  #30

Sorry.
Really don't know how many times we have to say this:  the writers have said he is dead.

August 10, 2013 8:40 pm  #31

Yes, I know. I'm just saying that we don't know for sure. There was that picture of Andrew Scott on the set, as well.
Anyway, I don't really mind either way. His character arc has ended.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 10, 2013 8:42 pm)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 10, 2013 8:42 pm  #32

Yes, for flashbacks.

August 10, 2013 9:08 pm  #33

besleybean wrote:

Sorry.
Really don't know how many times we have to say this:  the writers have said he is dead.

And if I remember correctly they also said at Comic Con that they can't show it any more gory than they did just because that won't work on such a show on BBC One. I also think that Moffat's "they wouldn't fake suicide at each other" was pretty convincing. At least to me.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 16, 2013 7:45 pm  #34

"I was faking, too" -> 0,1% hope ;-)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 16, 2013 7:46 pm  #35

Just this.
Moriarty is dead.

August 16, 2013 7:48 pm  #36

(i know.......)

August 16, 2013 7:49 pm  #37

I'll miss him, too.
But he had run his course...

August 16, 2013 7:52 pm  #38

Moriarty is dead.

Dead, dead, dead.  The only ways he can come back are:

1. Flashback to the fall
2. The writers say "The hell with it!" and rewrite the show into a sequel to "Weekend at Bernie's" 

I will say, I think it would be hilarious to see Sherlock and John dragging Moriarty's corpse to parties.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 16, 2013 7:54 pm  #39

sj4iy wrote:

Moriarty is dead.

Dead, dead, dead.  ....

Dont. Be. So. Cruel. 
Yes, I know, I know.... And to be honest: Everything else would be stupid. We are not in Dallas, right? 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 16, 2013 7:57 pm  #40

There may well be a Baker Street in Dallas, but I prefer the London version!

Board footera