BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 15, 2013 4:11 pm  #1

Sherlock's and Moriarty's subliminal fights

May I present you the Napoleon of crime and the world's only consulting detective fighting each other like true men. 

Step 1: In which Jim takes Sherlock's chair only to piss him off.

Step 2: Sherlock surely noticed that Jim is left-handed and he still hands him the tea like that in revenge after Jim took his armchair.

Now look at that face. He was planning his revenge for sure.

Love these two. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 15, 2013 9:08 pm  #2

Re: Sherlock's and Moriarty's subliminal fights

Very nice deduction!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 16, 2013 7:26 am  #3

Mary Me wrote:

May I present you the Napoleon of crime and the world's only consulting detective fighting each other like true men. 
In which Jim takes Sherlock's chair only to piss him off.

You can see it the other way round, too.
Sherlock knows that Moriarty prefers to have a sniper with him. According to canon Moran is the second in command and Holmes knew it.
Conclusion: Sherlock wants to see through the window and he doesn't want to sit in his own chair with his back towards the sniper.
What can be done to get Moriarty to sit there?
You know that he is proud of being changeable, of doing the unpredictable. He said that at the pool.
He doesn't want to be manipulated of course.
Conclusion: You give him the chance to have a point, to win on a real small scale and do the exact opposit of the expected.

August 16, 2013 12:19 pm  #4

Now, Sherlock knows Moriarty is not going to kill him off that easily. So it probably doesn't matter to him if he has got the window's view or not - Jim took his armchair. 

Fighting each other like 12 years old.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

January 22, 2014 12:19 am  #5

I'd love to believe that Sherlock was secretly protecting Jawn's chair :3

January 22, 2014 6:41 am  #6

Huh?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

January 22, 2014 11:47 am  #7

besleybean wrote:

Huh?

You know how both Sherlock and John seem to have their own chairs? John's is the one that usually has the Union Jack pillow? Well, I know it's not true, because it's far too sentimental for him, but I'd like to think that Sherlock tricked Moriarty into taking his chair so that he would not choose to sit in John's.

I happened to be unhappy with Sherlock when he offered up John's chair. I wouldn't like my best friend's worst enemy who tried to kill us in my chair. It's extremely sentimental and not practical, and I suppose the explination could simply be that Sherlock wished to sit in his chair, so he offered the most conviniant alternative to Moriarty.

January 22, 2014 5:39 pm  #8

Yep.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

Board footera