BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 9:04 pm  #21

Re: Forum banner

I wouldn't mind a new one, though I just want the old one back. I liked it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 13, 2013 9:18 pm  #22

Mary Me wrote:

I wouldn't mind a new one, though I just want the old one back. I liked it.

I think it's time for a change.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 13, 2013 9:31 pm  #23

Tsts... the youngest again..... 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 13, 2013 9:37 pm  #24

Is everyone still having trouble with the banner? Because...I can see it. :/

And do we all want a new one? I don't mind. We need a Series 3 one, perhaps.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 13, 2013 9:38 pm  #25

Been having trouble for a few days.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 13, 2013 9:40 pm  #26

Pshh...I will just design a new one, then hopefully you'll all be able to see that. Might take me a couple of days though if you can sit tight.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 13, 2013 9:41 pm  #27

You're the best, boss. 

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 13, 2013 9:42 pm  #28

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Pshh...I will just design a new one, then hopefully you'll all be able to see that. Might take me a couple of days though if you can sit tight.

Awesome! Thanks Boss! 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 13, 2013 9:43 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

August 14, 2013 6:03 am  #29

I'm  using  both chrome  and IE  8.    NONE  of them is showing the forum banner,  and also  I still cannot see the one  pic  that's at the bottom,  the one  below SHERLOCK/london eye  image.   What's strange is,  I'm  still able to see the images inside people's posts.   some of them are imageshack,  photobucket,  or tumbler. tinyurl,  or  some other   whatchacallit name.    But,  the banners  for  the  forum  itself  top and bottom,  are gone.   MY   guess is,  these pics belong to someone  who has decided to delete,  or move,  the images from their album. That is why they aren't showing up for the majority of us.    

Mysterious.   quite mysterious.     

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

August 14, 2013 9:34 am  #30

As for me, (I'm using Firefox)  I cannot see the forum banner at the top but I can see the one at the bottom. (The 10 Sherlock pics below The Eye)
In case this thread didn't exist I hardly would have noticed the missing top banner.

Edit:
Just an idea, Boss: What about including that lovely banner The Doctor brought to London in March?
It is on a lot of photos we took then.

Last edited by tobeornot221b (August 14, 2013 9:38 am)

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 14, 2013 11:59 am  #31

I can see it in Safari on my mobile.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 14, 2013 12:13 pm  #32

With Safari on my iPod I can see it too.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 14, 2013 12:26 pm  #33

I can see it in Firefox on my laptop but regardless I'm going to work on a new one anyway.

@tobe...could you maybe provide me with a pic of the banner we used at the meet?

August 14, 2013 1:02 pm  #34

sherlockskitty wrote:

I'm  using  both chrome  and IE  8.    NONE  of them is showing the forum banner,  and also  I still cannot see the one  pic  that's at the bottom,  the one  below SHERLOCK/london eye  image.   What's strange is,  I'm  still able to see the images inside people's posts.   some of them are imageshack,  photobucket,  or tumbler. tinyurl,  or  some other   whatchacallit name.    But,  the banners  for  the  forum  itself  top and bottom,  are gone.   MY   guess is,  these pics belong to someone  who has decided to delete,  or move,  the images from their album. That is why they aren't showing up for the majority of us.    

Mysterious.   quite mysterious.     

I think you're right. When images are posted and hosted on a different website, if the owner deletes or moves them the link "breaks". I know this is true for photobucket...

August 14, 2013 8:00 pm  #35

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

I'm willing to wait. 
Also, I'd suggest using a different image hosting site. I switched to Minus after Imageshack stopped working properly for me.

Last edited by DitzyDamnDaffy (August 14, 2013 8:01 pm)

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 15, 2013 11:12 am  #36

Hope you guys can all see the new banner!

August 15, 2013 11:14 am  #37

Yeah I see it.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 15, 2013 11:20 am  #38

I see it, too.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 15, 2013 11:31 am  #39

Looks interesting. I expected something more classic.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 15, 2013 11:47 am  #40

Great banner! 

Board footera