BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 13, 2013 5:41 pm  #1

Filming of "my hostage" scene

Found this on youtube, thought you might like to see it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlin9tlse2o

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 13, 2013 6:13 pm  #2

Re: Filming of "my hostage" scene

Yes, I liked to see it - thank you!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 13, 2013 8:45 pm  #3

Yeah, it was cool 

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.   Independent OSAJ Affiliate

... but there may be some new players now. It’s okay. The East Wind takes us all in the end.

August 13, 2013 8:47 pm  #4

'Bang Bang'....lol

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 14, 2013 4:29 am  #5

Thanks for the link!

What I always found so interesting in that scene (but maybe that was already mentioned somewhere else?) is that the police cuff Sherlock and John together. When John is brought outside, Sherlock is already wearing cuffs, right? And then they open them and cuff him together with John. Is that actually done these days, cuffing two suspects together? The question doesn't really keep me awake at night, I'm just always wondering when I watch that scene.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 14, 2013 1:12 pm  #6

Maybe it's to make sure they don't lose either of them? In that case, it didn't really work

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 15, 2013 5:43 am  #7

Swanpride wrote:

No, you don't do this...for obvious reasons. After all, the point of handcuffs is to control the suspect, and you don't have much control when he still can move one arm freely (as Sherlock proved).

Yep, they just needed to orchestrate the wonderful joint escape scene, wouldn't have worked if each of them had had their individual set of handcuffs.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera