BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 12, 2013 6:08 pm  #661

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Used to be 'McKewans is the best beer'!
But then the ratios changed, so yeah, Stayin Alive is the one for the Heartstart campaign.,,but I just count!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 12, 2013 6:10 pm  #662

besleybean wrote:

Used to be 'McKewans is the best beer'!
But then the ratios changed, so yeah, Stayin Alive is the one for the Heartstart campaign.,,but I just count!

I lose count really easily when I'm focusing on something else, but singing works for me.  So I use "Stayin' Alive"...have done even before I ever watched Sherlock XD

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 12, 2013 6:33 pm  #663

Swanpride wrote:

I'm always surprised that the TV show do is so wrong and think that the audience won't notice...but I guess you don't need to make a first aid qualification for a driver license in the US or Britain, right? It's a requirement in Germany (and also a part of the swimming lessons the DLRG gives), and while I bet that most people forget what they learned as soon as they have their license (never mind that everytime I did one of those lessons, the rules for the rythm had changed again), they can't be THAT forgetful that they don't know that what they show in TV doesn't work.
But then, I guess a lot of woman have experienced a birth at one point, and they don't try to portray it realistic either, even though I bet that they roll their eyes too.

It's not a requirement for a license, but I was first certified in middle school as part of a class we had to take...I don't think every school does that, but mine did.  I've since been recertified several times since, mostly because I had babysitting jobs and it's a requirement.  My last certification was a couple of years ago, but I haven't been recertified recently.

As for babies, you can take every class and read every book in the world about it...and it still won't prepare you when the day finally comes.  My first child was 2 weeks late and I went into labor on Christmas day!  She was born over 36 hours later, though, right after midnight on Dec 27th.  I had all sorts of problems with the pitocin and epidural, and recovery afterwards.  My second kid was an absolute breeze.  I went into labor at 3 am, went to the hospital, walked around for a while, paid bills and talked on the phone.  He came 12 hours later and with absolutely no trouble.

Both of my kids were very different, but somehow, every kid on television has the same type of birth ;) 

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 12, 2013 6:42 pm  #664

I just can't imagine doing it in real life!
I would count!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 13, 2013 12:54 pm  #665

I read Charles Augustus Milverton last night, and I can see what you guys were talking about. He's a nasty piece of work! Not sure how we'll see him in Series 3 but I hope they include the part with Sherlock and John infiltrating the house and hiding behind the curtains. That was great stuff! 

And I want to see John throw a chair at him, he deserves it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 13, 2013 1:05 pm  #666

I'm flipping out over the pic posted in the Sherlock/John picture thread! If it's from Series 3 it could be Magnussen/Milverton's house!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 13, 2013 1:08 pm  #667

Just a quick note, if it's suspected of being a spoiler picture (anything at all from series 3), it will be taken down.  They don't allow spoiler pictures in that thread.  You can, however, post it here.

August 13, 2013 1:11 pm  #668

Okay, here it is. The house behind them is Tudor-style. Originally posted by Michele, not mine.

August 13, 2013 1:12 pm  #669

I really hope that it is what I think it is! I read the story with Milverton last night and I hope they have the scenes with Sherlock and John infiltrating the house, it was so cool! They're wearing dark clothes, so it could be...

August 13, 2013 1:20 pm  #670

Honestly, I haven't seen that picture at all in this series' spoilers.  I could have missed something but I don't recognize it at all.

August 13, 2013 1:30 pm  #671

Right, but we've seen nothing from His Last Vow yet. Maybe it's from that, brand new?

August 13, 2013 1:53 pm  #672

I think at this point this pic could be anything. Martin and Benedict aren't even in costumes, are they?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 13, 2013 1:58 pm  #673

They could be. In the story with Milverton Sherlock and John were wearing dark clothes to break into the house, so it's possible.

August 13, 2013 2:01 pm  #674

Maybe Milverton tries to blackmail Molly over her part in covering up Sherlock's death and Sherlock gets all mad and protective over her. Just a random thought someone posted on Tumblr which I really like x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 13, 2013 2:03 pm  #675

@kittykat: Well, Sherlock is sort of always wearing dark clothes... dark coat, dark trousers, dark scarf, mostly dark shirts... But anything is possible.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 13, 2013 2:04 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 13, 2013 2:15 pm  #676

I really hope that it's his house because I just loved that part in the story!

August 13, 2013 3:42 pm  #677

kittykat wrote:

Okay, here it is. The house behind them is Tudor-style. Originally posted by Michele, not mine.

Hehe, oh their expressions *giggles*, love those guys! 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 13, 2013 4:00 pm  #678

I know, aren't they great? A real solid friendship

August 13, 2013 4:27 pm  #679

Guuuuys it's a maniip

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 13, 2013 4:30 pm  #680

Mary Me wrote:

Guuuuys it's a maniip

Can you prove that?

Board footera