BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 10, 2013 4:45 pm  #641

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

kittykat wrote:

Yeah, that's true. But wouldn't it be wonderful? They did say that Sherlock in canon used whatever means he had to, and the same can be said of BBC's Sherlock. Surely that includes doing whatever it takes to save his best friend? 

I concur 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 10, 2013 4:50 pm  #642

*starts picturing it*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 10, 2013 4:59 pm  #643

kittykat wrote:

*starts picturing it*

Teehee, the scenarios are endless  *tries not to picture it...fails horribly* 

August 10, 2013 5:36 pm  #644

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

*starts picturing it*

Teehee, the scenarios are endless  *tries not to picture it...fails horribly* 

Yeah baby

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 10, 2013 6:16 pm  #645

I'm thinking Mary will prevent Sherlock from doing the mouth to mouth part of cpr cos she will be there to do it herself.

Sorry guys if I burst a bubble there....evil laughing begins....

It would be funny if he is about to do it though and Mary pushes him out of the way. Imagine the suspense when it looks like it will happen then the exasperation when it doesn't?

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 12, 2013 7:14 am  #646

nicbooful wrote:

I'm thinking Mary will prevent Sherlock from doing the mouth to mouth part of cpr cos she will be there to do it herself.

Sorry guys if I burst a bubble there....evil laughing begins....

It would be funny if he is about to do it though and Mary pushes him out of the way. Imagine the suspense when it looks like it will happen then the exasperation when it doesn't?

I'll see more something like this!!!! I'm not sure I will like it!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 12, 2013 7:20 am  #647

Where has this idea come from?!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 12, 2013 1:39 pm  #648

besleybean wrote:

Where has this idea come from?!

Nowhere, just people wanting to see John and Sherlock kiss.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 12, 2013 5:32 pm  #649

Possibly, and it could help Sherlock to understand how John felt when he jumped, experiencing that feeling for himself.

August 12, 2013 5:33 pm  #650

Tho I think the circumstances are rather different, hopefully John wil eventually understand and forgive!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 12, 2013 5:35 pm  #651

Swanpride wrote:

It just occured me...it Sherlock believes that John died in the bonfire, thus feeling what John felt when he saw the fall, wouldn't that make it easier for John to forgive him? Knowing that Sherlock went through the same experience?

Personally, I don't want to see any CPR scenes unless it's REALLY warranted, because if you need CPR, you are in dire trouble.  Only 4% to 20% of people who require CPR survive, and that depends on who does it, what you need it for, where you are when it happens, and how old you are.

And, not to burst peoples' bubbles...no one does artificial respiration anymore because continuous chest compressions are as effective as chest compressions with artificial respiration (unless there are two people, then one can breathe for victim while the other pumps, then switch out).  Plus, they don't want people to stop chest compressions to give artificialy respiration, because keeping the heart pumping is more important than breathing for someone.  You also have a good chance of breaking the victim's ribs by chest compression (doctors are better at not breaking the ribs, though).  Defibrillators have a much better success rate at restoring the heart's normal rhythm.

Basically, the stereotypical CPR you see on TV these days is nothing like CPR in real life.

/Red-Cross certified

Last edited by sj4iy (August 12, 2013 5:36 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 12, 2013 5:35 pm  #652

I'm gonna drown in feels at that scene...

August 12, 2013 5:36 pm  #653

I think the whole of S3 is gonna be a bit of an emotional rollercoaster.

Last edited by besleybean (August 12, 2013 5:42 pm)

August 12, 2013 5:41 pm  #654

besleybean wrote:

I think the whole of S3 is gonna be a bit of an emotional rollerfcoaster.

I have to admit: I seriously hope so!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 12, 2013 5:50 pm  #655

Ok, qualified 1st aider here, with current practice!

For adults: if you have an unconcious patient, who is not breathing...you go straigt to chest compressions. The rescue breaths will come after.
The only exception is for a drowning victim, when you would give 5 rescue breaths 1st.

August 12, 2013 5:55 pm  #656

Swanpride wrote:

It is entirely possible that someone stops breathing, but the heart is still pounding (for example with drowning victims, the breathing usually stops first and the heart follows later on). In this case you don't do a chest compression at all, but try to get the victim breathing again before the heart stops, too.

Not that what they show in TV is particularly realistic (I'm always amused when they practically lay the hands on the chest of the "victim").

Of course, TV doesn't treat any of these situations differently...which is what annoys me.  You'd think at least one script writer could look it up, or, better yet, attend a class.  Just like the way they depict having babies.  The woman goes into labor and everyone's running around like a chickens without heads while the pregant lady breathes and screams.  Then, they get to the hospital and the hysterical screaming woman curses at the men and pop out a baby within a couple of minutes.  I'm sure there are a few women out there that had it like this...but no one I knew...and definitely not my experience with either of my kids.

August 12, 2013 5:57 pm  #657

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

I have a feeling we're all gonna need ice cream and shock blankets for sure!

August 12, 2013 6:02 pm  #658

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Don't forget the chocolate!

August 12, 2013 6:06 pm  #659

besleybean wrote:

Ok, qualified 1st aider here, with current practice!

For adults: if you have an unconcious patient, who is not breathing...you go straigt to chest compressions. The rescue breaths will come after.
The only exception is for a drowning victim, when you would give 5 rescue breaths 1st.

Did they teach you to pick a compression song?  We were told to think of either "Stayin' Alive" or "Another One Bites The Dust"....but that it's probably not best to sing the last one aloud when give compressions XD

August 12, 2013 6:08 pm  #660

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

Don't forget the chocolate!

Of course! We musn't forget the chocolate 

Board footera