BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 8, 2013 9:22 pm  #61

Re: National Theatre "Live"- Frankenstein

Sava wrote:

I hope they will announce more screenings in Germany soon. It might be a bit crazy to drive 6 hours to Berlin just to see Ben on screen :-)

I just bought tickets for Würzburg, it'll take me 90 minutes to get there, so that's okay.
Hope they will add a screening which is closer to you, Sava!

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 9, 2013 12:39 pm  #62

SusiGo wrote:

I still hope there will be some in Germany, too. Looks as if there were only places in the UK so far. 

I bought tickets for Frankenstein, Dec. 5th., at Potsdamer Platz in Berlin. It was nearly sold out already, although I was very quick. But there were also other cities  (Cinemaxx Cinemas) in Germany showing the event.
Btw: They are not doing it really live again, or? Is it a recording from last time? And, if so, does somebody know who played who then?

August 9, 2013 12:41 pm  #63

Your cinema should be able to tell you which role Benedict is in, for the viewing you have booked.
It is just a repeat of the previous airings, so you will either get Benedict or Jonny in  a loin cloth.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2013 4:41 pm  #64

We get to choose between both versions, and I will try to actually see both.
Maybe we will pack a whole English class into the cinema, it would be a treat (for them of course)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 9, 2013 6:22 pm  #65

the_dancing_woman wrote:

We get to choose between both versions, and I will try to actually see both.
Maybe we will pack a whole English class into the cinema, it would be a treat (for them of course)

Seriously?  Wow!     And some of those above (I think the couple posts I'm thinking of were Germans), mentioned getting tickets, too?  That's great.... looking at The National's website of venues, I'm only seeing some on either side of my country, and plastered all over the native Britain!   I guess they didn't post them all?

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2013 6:24 pm  #66

I just looked at my local cinema's site...not that I'm going again, having seem it 4 times already!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 9, 2013 8:05 pm  #67

Russell wrote:

And some of those above (I think the couple posts I'm thinking of were Germans), mentioned getting tickets, too? That's great.... looking at The National's website of venues, I'm only seeing some on either side of my country, and plastered all over the native Britain! I guess they didn't post them all?

Yes, there will also be a couple of screenings in Germany, but I haven't found them on the website of the NT. Someone from Germany (forgot who it was, sorry) posted where there will be screenings, so I picked the city nearest to me and bought the tickets. I have no idea which versaion it will be, doesn't say on their website, but in the end... I'd love to see both anyway, so I don't really care which one it will be.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 9, 2013 8:09 pm  #68

It's a shame that there are very few screenings in Germany and all in the north, south or Berlin. There is a not single one in a radius of about 400 km from where I live. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 9, 2013 8:19 pm  #69

SusiGo wrote:

It's a shame that there are very few screenings in Germany and all in the north, south or Berlin. There is a not single one in a radius of about 400 km from where I live. 

Yeah, and come on: Würzburg...?! I couldn't believe it when I saw that. I mean, I can't complain, it's not really around the corner but not too far away, either. But it's really weird that there is not a single screening in your area, I mean... it's not as if there weren't enough cities, right?

August 9, 2013 8:29 pm  #70

NRW has 17 million inhabitants. I can't believe they don't show it anywhere around here. The cinema chain even has a cinema in Essen … that would be so near … 

"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 9, 2013 8:29 pm  #71

Do they not realized how much money they could raise if they'd just put the sodding thing out on DVD?!?!?!?!?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 9, 2013 8:36 pm  #72

They keep saying it's an artistic decision as they want to preserve the live character of the production. But then it is a bit sad for the fans that they show it in very few cinemas outside Britain. In Britain  people had the chance to see it live and can see it again in on the screen whereas most fans abroad get nothing. 

August 9, 2013 8:40 pm  #73

SusiGo wrote:

NRW has 17 million inhabitants. I can't believe they don't show it anywhere around here. The cinema chain even has a cinema in Essen … that would be so near … 

Has there been a screening in NRW the first time around last year? And if so, how many people were there to watch it? I know that they did show it here at one of the huge multiplexes (I did see the poster but wasn't really interested... stupid me... ), but I have no idea how many tickets they sold with it... maybe not enough, so they don't see why they should show it again?

August 9, 2013 8:45 pm  #74

They showed it in a cinema Düsseldorf but I didn't find it in the Internet. I only read it afterwards. And it would have been only half an hour from me. 

August 9, 2013 8:46 pm  #75

SusiGo wrote:

They keep saying it's an artistic decision as they want to preserve the live character of the production.

Hm, on the one hand I can understand the argument, after all they want people to keep going to the theatre in the future as well. On the other hand... the production is over, they don't do it live on stage anymore, so I really don't see the harm it should do to release a theatre production on DVD once it's not on the repertoire any longer.
And I'm sure a production like the current "Macbeth" with Kenneth Branagh would sell like crazy on DVD!

edit: Oh Susi, that really is a pity!

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 9, 2013 8:48 pm)

August 9, 2013 9:36 pm  #76

besleybean wrote:

I just looked at my local cinema's site...not that I'm going again, having seem it 4 times already!

Ptttph... aren't you lucky!      Huh...  but that's kind of what I meant, from above.  Wondering about people noticing where it was playing near them, when it's apparently not listing everything on their website!  Having gone before, you probably knew some of the theaters that carried it, but what if you don't?  Now wondering if there's anything else around here....  (although chances slim, if they already put in the major listings for my country, perhaps...)

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

August 9, 2013 9:41 pm  #77

SusiGo wrote:

They keep saying it's an artistic decision as they want to preserve the live character of the production. But then it is a bit sad for the fans that they show it in very few cinemas outside Britain. In Britain  people had the chance to see it live and can see it again in on the screen whereas most fans abroad get nothing. 

*sob*

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 10, 2013 3:13 pm  #78

SusiGo wrote:

Same for me. :o(

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

August 11, 2013 2:29 pm  #79

Can anyone tell me how long the screening runs?

Because if I'd be able to catch the last train, I might go and see the screening in Stuttgart... *pondering*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 11, 2013 2:44 pm  #80

Your cinema should be able to tell you...I can't remember.

Board footera