BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 17, 2013 1:35 pm  #701

Re: Free Rants

Davina wrote:

The girl is now ignoring me. So I guess I have whistled goodbye to my saddle. See, if it was me, I would be too guilt ridden to keep it and would arrange to swap it back. But then I guess not everyone is like me!

Now, that really sucks. Did you explain to her that there's obviously been a mistake?
Can't believe that there are people who only see their own advantages and don't care if other people might suffer damage, as long as they themselves remain happy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 18, 2013 8:09 am  #702

I have explained to her that there was a mistake and everything about my saddle (it is a different make from the one she should have been given) but now have heard nothing from her. I am gutted! 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2013 4:03 pm  #703

Two days before my brother's wedding and my face is sunburned...damn it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 18, 2013 5:04 pm  #704

kittykat wrote:

Two days before my brother's wedding and my face is sunburned...damn it.

As long as your brother's face is fine! 
Dammit, that reminds me of Hangover.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 18, 2013 7:54 pm  #705

Try aloe vera if you can get it. Very good for burns of all kinds, whether or not caused by the sun.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

July 18, 2013 9:47 pm  #706

I've got some

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 19, 2013 9:42 pm  #707

When I read the comments on the Comic Con clip in San Diego on YouTube, I'm in mood to actually kill people. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 19, 2013 9:44 pm  #708

Oh, lots of dwerps?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 19, 2013 9:46 pm  #709

besleybean wrote:

Oh, lots of dwerps?

It seems so...

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 9:13 am  #710

Leaving a rant, even though this will more look like a demonstration of self-pity.
I had a small accident with my in-line skates yesterday night and well, there's now a massive scrape all over my left leg. I was taken to hospital because it needed to be disinfected and dressed.
Now I've got an uncomfortable bandage and I can barely move.
Awesome. That was just what I needed to start the holidays. Woo-hoo.
It's all due to that freaking cat who jumped in my way. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 7:29 pm  #711

Did you manage to run over the cat? Poor you 

July 21, 2013 7:38 pm  #712

The cat is all fine. But not any longer. I will find it and I will skiiiiin it.
Well, my leg looks horrible but I'm feeling better now, thanks. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 21, 2013 7:46 pm  #713

Oh Mary, I'm so sorry for you.
Get better soon!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

July 21, 2013 8:15 pm  #714

All the best for you, Mary. Have a look at last week's pics and let them comfort you. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2013 6:36 pm  #715

Hating myself right now for not taking my netbook with me on holiday. I thought the iPad would do as well since it has the advantage of being smaller. IT DOES NOT. Takes me ages to write sonething. 

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 31, 2013 1:28 am  #716

Have to vent:

Every year, our street blocks off both ends so that our neighborhood can have a block party.  It's normally pretty busy, so it's a rare occasion where we can get all together without fear of the street.  Well, each year, some idiots always try going around the barrier, and last year some a**hole was speeding and almost hit one of the kids who was getting his ball from the street.  This year, some people were doing the same thing.  WHY WOULD YOU GO AROUND A BARRICADE TO GO DOWN A STREET???  I just don't get it.  What do these people think?  That they are special?

Anyway, just had to vent.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 31, 2013 5:13 pm  #717

sj4iy wrote:

Have to vent:

Every year, our street blocks off both ends so that our neighborhood can have a block party.  It's normally pretty busy, so it's a rare occasion where we can get all together without fear of the street.  Well, each year, some idiots always try going around the barrier, and last year some a**hole was speeding and almost hit one of the kids who was getting his ball from the street.  This year, some people were doing the same thing.  WHY WOULD YOU GO AROUND A BARRICADE TO GO DOWN A STREET???  I just don't get it.  What do these people think?  That they are special?

Anyway, just had to vent.

Oh, the well known ignorance of some people shows up again. I'm meeting people with this  self-centered attitude every day and you can't really avoid to rage about them.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 8, 2013 6:03 pm  #718

Several rants...
1. Son rehabs his shoulder injury for months, does contact rugby training for the first time and it goes again. Now looking at MRI and operation.
2. Trying to get kids to wash clothes prior to holiday.
3. Bloody ragwort picking. Vile, nasty stuff is sprouting everywhere in ponies' field!
4. Someone knocked over can of fly repellant, all leaked out and evaporated and now got to go buy more! It is not cheap!

That is all!

August 8, 2013 8:56 pm  #719

Rant.

Some people are so stupid, sooo stupid! They don't even get their facts straight! Don't you f***ing talk to me when you got no clue what you're talking about!

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 9, 2013 6:22 am  #720

We are set to leave for London in less than 48 hours and you just have to know that after months of planning disaster will strike!

My 15 year old daughter and her friend were mugged tonight. They were attacked by two men. One of them was a Marine or ex-Marine according to the police and he was the one who needed a sledge hammer to go after a 15 year old girl who is 5 foot 2 and weighs 110 pounds! Big man ya know!  

The other guy was 6 foot 2 and there was a third guy who stayed in the car with it running ready to bolt if they got in a tight spot. The 6'2" guy grabbed my daughter from behind in a choke hold and lifted her off the ground by her neck. He carried her back toward the car to abduct her I would assume, but she fought very hard. She couldn't breath very well so she couldn't really call for help. He was also trying to prize her cell phone from her hand but she wasn't letting go. He got frustrated, I guess, because he ended up throwing her to the ground and falling down on top of her when he bit the back of her neck. You should see the bite marks. This guy had a very large mouth!

That was when she started screaming. This drew the attention of the guy with the sledge hammer who had been busy beating her friend and taking his cell phone and I-Pod. He came over yelling obsenities and telling her to shut up. He hit her in the left side of her head with the hammer and then again on the right side behind her ear. The second hit was only a glancing blow, but she kept screaming her head off and the neighbors started coming out so they took off in the car. Another driver took down the licence plate number when they peeled out and cut him off and he gave that to the police. Within 2 hours the three men had been apprehended and they took the kids to the scene where they were being arrested and had them identify their attackers.

The kids got off lucky. These guys had committed 6 robberies over the course of the evening and some of their victims were seriously injured. Our kids got off with cuts, bruses and some good sized lumps on the head.

Now the real issue - when these guys are arraigned my daughter may need to be at court to testify. We may not be back in the country yet! The police said not to worry because they don't think it will ever get to court. They have a mountain of evidence so the perps will most likely plead out to a charge rather than having it go to court.
Man what a terrible night.

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

Board footera