BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 7, 2013 7:13 am  #61

Re: Have you read the complete Sherlock Holmes canon?

Last count, I had over 50 Sherlock Holmes related books

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The world is big enough for us, no ghosts need apply"

August 7, 2013 7:51 am  #62

Jacco111 wrote:

Last count, I had over 50 Sherlock Holmes related books

Bow respectfully

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 7, 2013 1:38 pm  #63

tobeornot221b wrote:

I have both: The book edition and the Kindle edition.
Haven't read the complete canon till date.
But I stay tuned to it...

I read all the stories for the first time when I was 11 or 12 (in Spanish) and since then I have read the stories separately many times, first in Spanish and then in English.
I own the same paper edition shown here but I haven't read paper books for years. I read exclusively in Kindle now and I recently finished re-reading the entire canon in order. I own the Kindle version of this edition:

August 8, 2013 12:45 am  #64

Not yet. Slowly making my way through it.
Ye gads, I mean, I have over a thousand pages to read. A lot of canon.

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 8, 2013 9:20 am  #65

Yes,but in Polish,now I've started reading canon in English, I hope to read complete SH canon in this language too.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

January 4, 2014 5:24 pm  #66

I read the complete canon when I was in high school - eons ago.  I had a beautiful leather bound copy. Unfortunately my cocker spaniel at the time at the binding of the book.  Not sure what happened to it. I just downloaded the entire cannon onto my kindle and have started re-reading it.  I am trying to get both my daughters interested in reading it.  My older daughter has read The Hound of the Baskervilles.  Maybe and she continues to watch Sherlock, she will get interested in room more of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's stories.  

"Coffee. The finest organic suspension ever devised... I beat the Borg with it." - Janeway

Board footera