BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 19, 2013 11:28 am  #21

Re: anyone else completely OBSESSED with sherlock?

Yes, with the rest of you I can be diagnosed as obsessed with Sherlock. The funny thing is I had no real interest in watching the show. It was recommended to me by Netflix based on my other interest in British programming. One evening I was bored out of my skull, my brain was cramped and I had writer's block so I said, ah, what the heck. I'll check this show out. The opening scene with John's nightmare and the sad lonely man sitting in his barren apartment grabbed my attention. By five minutes in when we see Sherlock Holmes beating a corpse with a riding crop I was chuckling nervously, but as soon as the two characters met and interacted I was laughing out loud. Then when Sherlock left the room with the address and his name I was completely hooked and thought the show was brilliant.

Now I am here on a Sherlock forum, discussing character analysis, I have neglected my other fan fiction stories and written a Sherlock story, and thinking that writing that would get it out of my system so that I could get back to my other fandoms, still here I am scrolling through other threads looking for something else Sherlock related to talk about.

I know I will be truly sad when season three ends, because I don’t see there being a season four. Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman are far too popular for that. If my understanding is correct, the reason season three has been so long in the making is that they were both busy working elsewhere. The Hobbit, the new Star Trek movie, etc… Good for them, bad for Sherlock fans.

I guess I am just as obsessed as everyone else here. How silly is that?

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

April 3, 2013 6:36 pm  #22

Very much so  i went and got the sherlock cluedo game a few weeks back and also cant go even a couple of days without watching at least one episode.

July 5, 2013 10:52 am  #23

Yeah, count me in. The last things that grabbed me like this - one began age of 5 and I still like it but can live without it having had enough for a lifetime after I made it my first career. Another lasted from age of 8 I think and I attempted to make a career in it and still like it. The other began age 10 and I was self-employed at it for 2 years. I might be starting a new attempted career with my Sherlock stuff which began when I was maybe 10.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We solve crimes, I blog about it and he forgets his pants, so I wouldn’t hold out too much hope. (Scandal in Belgravia)

I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead..........I heard you.(The Empty Hearse)

July 5, 2013 12:00 pm  #24

I spent many hours in my piano class transcribing the Sherlock theme song to piano....
I wore my long jacket with the collar popped up in 95 degree Texas heat during a 2 hour marching band rehearsal for Halloween.
I even dreamed I was dating dear ol' Benny (in a non creepy way!)

yes... I believe I'm Sherlocked

-----------------------------------------------------------------
"You being all mysterious with your cheek bones and turning your collar up so you look cool..."
"I don't do that!"
"YEAH yuh do!"

July 5, 2013 9:29 pm  #25

Count me in!  I was looking for the piano sheet music of Sherlock's Theme and this is where I found it.  When I relaized it was a forum dedicated to Sherlock fans I just had to join the Sherlockians or "Cumber Collective" as Benedict once stated

July 5, 2013 9:46 pm  #26

I think it would safe to deduce - due to the unholy amount of Sherlock pics on my hardrive (hehe ) and the fact that when I'm not watching Sherlock, I'm thinking about watching Sherlock, and when I'm not doing either of those things I'm either here hanging out with my fellow Sherlockian comrades in arms or reading Sherlock fanfiction - that given the evidence I am, indeed, Sherlock obsessed...with a "little" Benedict Cumberbatch crush to boot hehe 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 5, 2013 10:15 pm  #27

I was until I came up with a theory of the fall I liked  Now I'm back to going through old Doctor Who episodes

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 6, 2013 2:35 am  #28

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I think it would safe to deduce - due to the unholy amount of Sherlock pics on my hardrive (hehe ) and the fact that when I'm not watching Sherlock, I'm thinking about watching Sherlock, and when I'm not doing either of those things I'm either here hanging out with my fellow Sherlockian comrades in arms or reading Sherlock fanfiction - that given the evidence I am, indeed, Sherlock obsessed...with a "little" Benedict Cumberbatch crush to boot hehe 

I....am...the exact same XD  I want to rewatch Sherlock, I seem to have a crush on our Benedict (been looking up all the different series he has played in and such), and I am trying to keep myself occupied with Sherlock to keep my mind off of it.  Obviously my life now makes no sense 

July 6, 2013 2:55 am  #29

Chiblits wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I....am...the exact same XD  I want to rewatch Sherlock, I seem to have a crush on our Benedict (been looking up all the different series he has played in and such), and I am trying to keep myself occupied with Sherlock to keep my mind off of it.  Obviously my life now makes no sense 

Woot!  Hmm...I think I should watch The Great Game again, great John and Sherlock moments in that one *sighs* .
Anyway, my life hardly makes any sense either now xD, but it's totally worth it! 

July 6, 2013 4:29 am  #30

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Chiblits wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Woot!  Hmm...I think I should watch The Great Game again, great John and Sherlock moments in that one *sighs* .
Anyway, my life hardly makes any sense either now xD, but it's totally worth it! 

I loved that episode It was definitely my favorite, but then again I can't really choose which episode is better because they are all amazing!  

July 11, 2013 11:32 pm  #31

I'm completely obsessed I'm on my Sherlock IG most of the day, and I roleplay as Mycroft on fb Pretty fun through

------------------------------------------------------------------
-Mystie Holmes

When you walk with Sherlock Holmes you see the battlefield.-M.H.

Are you ready for the story?-J.M. xx

Pray give my greetings to Mrs. Watson, and believe me to be, my dear fellow, 
Very sincerely yours,
Sherlock Holmes

August 8, 2013 1:37 am  #32

"Partita No. 1. Thank you, Johann Sebastian Bach."

August 8, 2013 5:40 am  #33

DitzyDamnDaffy wrote:

August 8, 2013 7:31 am  #34

Obsessed...? Come on, get a life!
Nononono, you know, there is a sinister looking guy sitting next to me 24/7 who holds a gun to my head and makes me write all sorts of nonsense here. I'm not doing this out of my own free will. I'm forced to be here, I'm forced to watch Sherlock over and over again, I'm forced to search the internet for pics of Misters Cumberbatch and Freeman... so no, I'm not obsessed in the least. I'm just not given any other choice.

Although I have to admit that I do like the term 'encumberbatched'. So okay, count me in.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 8, 2013 9:04 am  #35

Last edited by Marheri (August 8, 2013 9:06 am)

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

Board footera