BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2013 8:30 pm  #601

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Mary Me wrote:

Everyone can have a BAMF attitude in my opinion. It's just the question of the definition.
For me it's someone who has his own mind, a tough cookie, who fights his way through the world, who doesn't shy away from anything, who impresses people and does all the things in a pretty cool and admirable way. And I respect Molly HUGELY.

I respect her, but I just don't think she's a BAMF.  If I had to give that title to someone in real life, it would be my mother, because she kicked my Dad out and raised three kids on $5/hour.  She's not sentimental, and she didn't let her emotions show in front of us.  She started her own business at the age of 45 after she got tired of working in factories her entire life (and continued working after a very bad back injury caused permanant numbness in one of her legs).  She's my real-life BAMF, and I respect her hugely.

Fictional characters just have to be the ones that make me grin when they do something awesome.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 6, 2013 8:41 pm  #602

sj4iy wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

Everyone can have a BAMF attitude in my opinion. It's just the question of the definition.
For me it's someone who has his own mind, a tough cookie, who fights his way through the world, who doesn't shy away from anything, who impresses people and does all the things in a pretty cool and admirable way. And I respect Molly HUGELY.

I respect her, but I just don't think she's a BAMF.  If I had to give that title to someone in real life, it would be my mother, because she kicked my Dad out and raised three kids on $5/hour.  She's not sentimental, and she didn't let her emotions show in front of us.  She started her own business at the age of 45 after she got tired of working in factories her entire life (and continued working after a very bad back injury caused permanant numbness in one of her legs).  She's my real-life BAMF, and I respect her hugely.

Fictional characters just have to be the ones that make me grin when they do something awesome.

That's a really cool story about your mother. Raising children alone isn't easy and I respect that hugely.
I think my real-life BAMF is my best friend. Nearly everyone is hating her in school, especially the teachers because she doesn't understand and follow social norms due to her Asperger's, she's got a boyfriend with a serious personality disorder called Borderline, a mum who doesn't care for her and a dad who's addicted to drugs and other problems a normal sixteen years old wouldn't be able to bear - and she's still able to laugh and she hasn't lost her smile and she just says "Screw it. I'm going my own way."

The irony is that Molly does not have this BAMF attitude. Not at all. You have to look closer before you realise that she's a sly old dog.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 8:44 pm  #603

Do you mean clever?
Cos sly is rather negative to me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 6, 2013 8:46 pm  #604

Mary Me wrote:

The irony is that Molly does not have this BAMF attitude. Not at all. You have to look closer before you realise that she's a sly old dog.

Basically, if a fictional character doesn't care what others think about him/her and does their own thing, that's bad a** to me.  Molly cares too much, even after she rips Sherlock.  If she were to just tell him "Pi** off", then she would move up the ladder imo.  James Bond, The Doctor, John McClane, Ellen Ripley, and Atticus Finch do what they feel is right, do what they have to do, no matter what the others around them think about it.  That's awesome to me.  That's why my Mom is awesome to me, too.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 6, 2013 8:46 pm  #605

You're probably right. Forget the online dictionary.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 10:33 pm  #606

sj4iy wrote:

I will qualify that with saying that my list of BAMF is quite short, because I require ultimate bad-a**edness.  Sherlock Holmes doesn't really make that list...yet.

1. James Bond
2. The Doctor
3. John McClane
4. Ellen Ripley
5. Atticus Finch

Would like to see Sarah Connor on this list.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 6, 2013 10:41 pm  #607

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

I will qualify that with saying that my list of BAMF is quite short, because I require ultimate bad-a**edness.  Sherlock Holmes doesn't really make that list...yet.

1. James Bond
2. The Doctor
3. John McClane
4. Ellen Ripley
5. Atticus Finch

I thought about it...but god, she got on my nerves in that first movie.  Majorly.

August 6, 2013 10:49 pm  #608

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

1. James Bond
2. The Doctor
3. John McClane
4. Ellen Ripley
5. Atticus Finch

I thought about it...but god, she got on my nerves in that first movie.  Majorly.

True true. But she didn't annoy me as much as kid John Connor in the second movie. Man he was a spoilt brat.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

August 6, 2013 10:51 pm  #609

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

True true. But she didn't annoy me as much as kid John Connor in the second movie. Man he was a spoilt brat.

I completely agree with that, as well.

August 8, 2013 12:32 pm  #610

Louise Brealey tweet from today

"I suddenly got excited for when you all see S3. A few bits might actually blow your minds."

Her second tag is great, see below

https://twitter.com/louisebrealey/status/365395234420563968

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 8, 2013 12:34 pm  #611

Wonderful Louise, again.
As some replied to her on Twitter, I personally can't wait to get my mind blown!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 8, 2013 12:41 pm  #612

Ivy wrote:

Louise Brealey tweet from today

"I suddenly got excited for when you all see S3. A few bits might actually blow your minds."

Her second tag is great, see below

https://twitter.com/louisebrealey/status/365395234420563968

Woot! I have no doubt  *shakes with excitement*. Man, waiting for season 3 of Sherlock is so much worse than when I was waiting for the last Harry Potter book to come out 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 8, 2013 12:41 pm)

-------------------------------------------------------

August 9, 2013 9:15 pm  #613

It's so hard to wait! I want my mind to be blown!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 9, 2013 9:23 pm  #614

I want a Sherlolly kiss. It probably wont happen but I can still hope for now x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 9, 2013 9:35 pm  #615

nicbooful wrote:

Technically, he already has kissed Molly ;)

August 9, 2013 9:38 pm  #616

Hmm...so then we could get away with some kind of Johnlock kiss? Maybe when Sherlock drags John out of the bonfire he tries CPR, the kiss of life?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 9, 2013 9:39 pm  #617

sj4iy wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Technically, he already has kissed Molly ;)

Good point! I'll rephrase....I want an intimate Sherlolly kiss....naked preferably!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 10, 2013 5:24 am  #618

Really can't see this happening.

August 10, 2013 6:17 am  #619

I think that would spoil the thing. Some things are better left to our imagination. But that's only my opinion.

Not a fan.

August 10, 2013 6:46 am  #620

I don't even think it's that.
I just don't think Sherlock is attracted to Molly that way,

Board footera