BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 6, 2013 10:21 am  #581

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Be wrote:

Ivy wrote:

Mark Gatiss' tweet this morning:

"Early start to do ADR in Splott with my little brother."

https://twitter.com/Markgatiss/status/364646315419897858

It's so cute that he calls Ben little brother all the time.

Splott is a district in the south of the city of Cardiff.
And you know what?

The name is from Old English splott "speck, blot, patch (of land)," which is also the source of place names in the Vale of Glamorgan, Gower, and Pembrokeshire. Fanciful suggestions for the origin of the name have included a truncation of "God's Plot", as the land belonged to the Bishop of Llandaff in medieval times, and a derivation of plat, meaning a grassy area of land. (according to Wikipedia)

*LOL*
I did know what ADR ist, but had to google Splott.

besleybean wrote:

And there people is an example of some of the guff on Twitter...well I don't mean Mark's original tweet, which was fab...Only what followed!!
Incidentally, I used to live In Pembrokeshire.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 6, 2013 12:50 pm  #582

Ivy wrote:

Mark Gatiss' tweet this morning:

"Early start to do ADR in Splott with my little brother."

https://twitter.com/Markgatiss/status/364646315419897858

It's so cute that he calls Ben little brother all the time.

Aww

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 6, 2013 1:11 pm  #583

I long for season 3but despite all the information we have, the waiting has just begun...and I fear it will be worse when it will end: will we have a season 4 and when.... it seems a vicious circle
(sorry I'm in a sad mood today)

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 6, 2013 1:24 pm  #584

The pain of the Sherlock fandom!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 6, 2013 2:45 pm  #585

sj4iy wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Sherlock Holmes wrote:

Does anybody know who else will be at the wedding? Or who we might expect?

We must see John's sister.

I'm hoping for this, too.

We have to see Harry!

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

August 6, 2013 2:57 pm  #586

Cumbercookie wrote:

sj4iy wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

We must see John's sister.

I'm hoping for this, too.

We have to see Harry!

It would be interesting to see Harry! 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 6, 2013 3:07 pm  #587

I'd like to see Harry. In Pink John says that they don't get on, but in Scandal he talks about visiting her so maybe they made up. But we don't really know why she and Clara broke up...could have been the drinking.

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 6, 2013 4:18 pm  #588

But we're getting one!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 6, 2013 4:23 pm  #589

Mary? I thought we were talking about Harry...

August 6, 2013 4:24 pm  #590

I hope we're getting her, too!

August 6, 2013 5:49 pm  #591

nicbooful wrote:

Molly is a BAMF. It's subtle but definately there x

Okay, let's see. So far we've got a) Asked a dude out for a date after she's seen him beating a corpse b) Dated the most criminal dude of the whole country but ended it c) spoke with the sociopath about his emotions and got even listen to.
Definitely a BAMF.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 5:53 pm  #592

Swanpride wrote:

I still expect her to have died during Sherlock's absense...I don't know why, I guess because Watson lost his wife during the hiatus, so John should loose someone, too.
And honestly, it's so much fun to read the different fanfiction versions of her, I really don't want an "official version".

I would find it funny if we don't see her at all. I mean everyone would be talking about her and she would be definitely part of the Sherlock family but no one would actually see her. The known unknown practically. I would find it hilarious.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 7:05 pm  #593

Mary Me wrote:

nicbooful wrote:

Molly is a BAMF. It's subtle but definately there x

Okay, let's see. So far we've got a) Asked a dude out for a date after she's seen him beating a corpse b) Dated the most criminal dude of the whole country but ended it c) spoke with the sociopath about his emotions and got even listen to.
Definitely a BAMF.

And don't forget;

She told him off and humbled him so much at the christmas party that he apologized and kissed her - in front of everyone.
Sherlock trusts her work enough so they are lab partners at times. He must think very highly of her to trust her like this. He places as much trust in her in the lab as he does to John in everything else.

Molly counts!

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 6, 2013 8:05 pm  #594

I don't think she's a BAMF yet.  She could definitely get there, but she still has a ways to go, imo.

Last edited by sj4iy (August 6, 2013 8:11 pm)

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 6, 2013 8:10 pm  #595

sj4iy wrote:

I don't think she's a BAMF yet.  She could definitely get there, but she still has a ways to go, imo.

She dated the most wanted criminal of the whole country and ended it - what more do you want?
She hasn't got ways to go - she's already there. She just couldn't really show it because she was starstruck by Sherlock. Now that they've finally stopped playing I just hope that their whole relationship will be a different one. That will give her the chance to open up more.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 8:11 pm  #596

I will qualify that with saying that my list of BAMF is quite short, because I require ultimate bad-a**edness.  Sherlock Holmes doesn't really make that list...yet.

1. James Bond
2. The Doctor
3. John McClane
4. Ellen Ripley
5. Atticus Finch

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

August 6, 2013 8:13 pm  #597

A BAMF doesn't neccessarily have to be an action hero in my opinion.

Last edited by Mary Me (August 6, 2013 8:14 pm)

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 8:16 pm  #598

Mary Me wrote:

A BAMF doesn't neccessarily have to be an action hero in my opinion.

And not all of mine were, actually.  "Atticus Finch" is as far from an action hero as you can get, and "The Doctor" can be an action hero, but he typically solves things by thinking, instead of weapons.  It's the attitude that makes it for me...and Molly doesn't have that attitude.

August 6, 2013 8:19 pm  #599

She reads Sherlock like a book. 
He is so impressed by that.

August 6, 2013 8:25 pm  #600

Everyone can have a BAMF attitude in my opinion. It's just the question of the definition.
For me it's someone who has his own mind, a tough cookie, who fights his way through the world, who doesn't shy away from anything, who impresses people and does all the things in a pretty cool and admirable way. And I respect Molly HUGELY.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera