BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 31, 2012 2:47 pm  #1

Writing Doctor Who

Series 7 of Doctor Who will be aired, most likely, in the UK in Autumn this year with 5 episodes in the first part and a Christmas Special followed by the second part of 8 episodes. Steven Moffat is writing 5 episodes plus the dreaded Christmas Special (dreaded for him, that is, not us!) Mark Gatiss is writing one episode and Steven Thompson (honorary Moftiss after TRF) will also be writing an episode. Rupert Graves is supposed to be appearing in Episode 2 (see separate thread) and I am going to mention it here, because I can, that I am RIDICULOUSLY excited that Steven Berkoff is going to be in episode 4!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 2, 2012 7:25 am  #2

Re: Writing Doctor Who

Lol, all I hear the Moff talking about these days is the dreaded Christmas special...it must be a really tough one to write or something.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

June 2, 2012 7:28 am  #3

He does seem to be a bit stressed about it. But I guess that is the life of a screenwriter eh! An actor's life for me!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

June 6, 2012 6:54 am  #4

maybe the problem is,  Moffat doesn't have an idea as to what to do?   they've done christmas carol,  the lion the witch and the wardrobe....maybe he could write a story  of how this girl wants a certain toy,  but her parents won't let her have it,  so the dr takes her on a juourney  to find out whether her parents were right or not?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

June 6, 2012 8:56 am  #5

For the Christmas Special they should do a Sherlock/Doctor crossover. Think about it; the Tardis parks at 221b Baker Street... Rory is killed (for a while, you know he'll come back), John tries to hit on Amy, Sherlock and the Doctor are fascinated with each other... that would be pure gold.

Though I know it won't happen

But dreaming is free, isn't it?

Waiting for a crazy man in a blue box to fall from the sky...

But the thing is, we've taken away all the things that can possibly have happened, so I suppose the only thing that's left, even though it seems really weird, must be the thing that did happen, in fact. (Miss Marple)

June 7, 2012 1:33 am  #6

dreaming is indeed free  and I  loooove your idea.   I  SOOOO   want a dr who/sherlock crossover,  and I mean the Characters,  not just the actors!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

July 3, 2012 12:53 pm  #7

Mark Gatiss has written 'a gift of a script' according to Rachael Sterling, daughter of Dame Diana Rigg. Both will be appearing in this episode of Doctor Who.

Mark's Tweet in response to this casting: 'There is nothing like a Dame.'

July 3, 2012 8:46 pm  #8

Just finished watching Series 6 and really looking forward to 7.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

Board footera