BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 5, 2013 5:56 pm  #1

An IOU you might have missed...

I don't know if anybody has seen this, but I'm watching TRF right now and I've just seen it, when Sherlock and John are fleeing from the police;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 5, 2013 6:00 pm  #2

Re: An IOU you might have missed...

Yes, i had seen it. BUt nice screencap

Just like old times...

August 5, 2013 6:08 pm  #3

Yes, Kitty, this is an interesting winged IOU (maybe referring to the "Magpie" theme and the seals on the envelopes).
Recently I made this pic from all the IOUs in TRF:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 5, 2013 7:21 pm  #4

tobeornot221b wrote:

Yes, Kitty, this is an interesting winged IOU (maybe referring to the "Magpie" theme and the seals on the envelopes).

I feel quite stupid asking, but what is the Magpie theme and what's the connection to the IOUs and the seals? Somehow, I'm totally at a loss at the moment

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 5, 2013 7:52 pm  #5

Rossini's "Thieving Magpie" is played when Moriarty smashes the showcase in the Tower.
The red seals that are attached to the envelopes with the fairytale book and the breadcrumbs show images of magpies, too. And the IOU opposite 221 Baker Street is winged - a probable connection to a thieving magpie, Moriarty.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

August 5, 2013 7:55 pm  #6

tobeornot221b wrote:

Rossini's "Thieving Magpie" is played when Moriarty smashes the showcase in the Tower.
The red seals that are attached to the envelopes with the fairytale book and the breadcrumbs show images of magpies, too. And the IOU opposite 221 Baker Street is winged - a probable connection to a thieving magpie, Moriarty.

Ah, thank you so much for explaining! I managed to miss all of that, somehow

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 6, 2013 8:35 am  #7

I remember seeing this IOU on the wall thinking 'god, this Moriarty is really creepy' :D Thank you for bringinig it up again.

As for the red seals, I didn't notice that reference, thank you!

------------------------------------------------------------
"Love something, and love it deeply."
Andrew Scott

"I don’t care how hypothetical it is, I’m not flying with a live otter in the flight deck."
Captain Martin Crieff

August 6, 2013 2:40 pm  #8

There is also an I O U at the very end "i was so alone, and I owe you so much"

"I'm not a phycopath, Anderson, I'm a high- funcioning sociopath, do your research."

August 6, 2013 5:44 pm  #9

I haven't missed this winged I O U at all. In fact, I'm planning to have it as a tattoo for half a year now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 8:20 pm  #10

Well...you could count Moriarty saying it to Sherlock.

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 7, 2013 6:21 am  #11

It's funny how there's those wings, all this would have been much easier if Sherlock had had wings!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's the thing about fanfiction, it's always a self-portrait
People want to believe what is easy, rather than what is right.
"One begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts"

August 7, 2013 8:19 am  #12

sherlockian111 wrote:

It's funny how there's those wings, all this would have been much easier if Sherlock had had wings!

There you go

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 7, 2013 8:29 am  #13

Mary Me wrote:

I haven't missed this winged I O U at all. In fact, I'm planning to have it as a tattoo for half a year now.

Better wait untill we know its meaning. Just saying.

Board footera