BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 6:09 pm  #21

Re: Name the moustache.

^ That's it. :o) When we are going to see a photo from this? :o))

In my life I have found two things of priceless worth - learning and loving. Nothing else - not fame, not power, not achievement for its own sake - can possible have the same lasting value. For when your life is over, if you can say 'I have learned' and 'I have loved', you will also be able to say 'I have been happy'.
~ Arthur C. Clarke ~

August 4, 2013 8:27 pm  #22

Are we going to talk about this?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 5, 2013 1:17 am  #23

I refuse to participate.    I predict the stupid thing will be short-lived once Sherlock is back and John doesn't have to hide behind it to keep from being recognized as the Live-in PA of the Fraud. Just my opinion....

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And I said "dangerous" and here you are.

You. It's always you. John Watson, you keep me right.

August 5, 2013 5:53 am  #24

KeepersPrice wrote:

I refuse to participate. I predict the stupid thing will be short-lived once Sherlock is back and John doesn't have to hide behind it to keep from being recognized as the Live-in PA of the Fraud. Just my opinion....

Agreed!
I think all this fuss about the moustache is for naught, as it won't be there for long. If we can trust the photos of the filming of series 3 we have seen so far, he will be beardless again at the end of episode one. 
And besides, I think it's just a nod to all the other Sherlock Holmes adaptions in which John usually sports a moustache, similar to bringing in the deerstalker.
I am truly intrigued as to how Sherlock will react to it, I am sure he will comment on it at some point.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 5, 2013 6:37 am  #25

Mary Me wrote:

John I moustache you a question. Watson your face?
Sorry, not even I think that was funny.

It made me laugh x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 5, 2013 7:12 am  #26

the_dancing_woman wrote:

I am truly intrigued as to how Sherlock will react to it, I am sure he will comment on it at some point.

Very true. Sherlock commented on the death frisbee, so I'm really expecting him to comment on the moustache as well. To be honest, I'd be quite disappointed if he didn't. 

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 5, 2013 8:00 am  #27

Swanpride wrote:

I read a really weird fanfic yesterday in which the mustache was a sentinent being, which John wears for comfort while Sherlock is gone and then gives it to him when he marries so that Sherlock still has someone who would praise him for his abilities.

That sounds like a very weird dream...

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 5, 2013 7:08 pm  #28

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August 6, 2013 7:19 pm  #29

Apparently the moustache has been named Harold.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 6, 2013 8:10 pm  #30

Oh, then I was pretty close with my 'Herbert', don't you think?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

Board footera