BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 5:27 pm  #541

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Swanpride wrote:

Since Canon Mary was very supportive of Watson having adventures with Holmes, I'm ready to bet that this one will be practically a shipper on deck.

She's a modern woman!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 4, 2013 5:47 pm  #542

And at least we can be sure of on-screen chemistry for John and Mary, given who plays her!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 4, 2013 6:03 pm  #543

No, I don't think they will be presented to us as the perfect couple and I hope we will get glimpses of how their relationship developed during Sherlock's absense, and we will watch it grow during the course of the third season, but it think it won't be like in "the sign of four" where we witness the John/Mary relationship take shape from the very beginning.

Lestrade and Molly would make a wonderful couple.

(have to go off now and find out who will be the 12th doctor)

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (August 4, 2013 6:04 pm)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 4, 2013 7:11 pm  #544

They have worked together before.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2013 7:24 pm  #545

Oh, trust me, they DO have chemistry. Google them. They look gorgeous together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 5, 2013 10:38 am  #546

kittykat wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if Lestrade and Molly do get together...tho I suppose Greg would have to get divorced 1st!

Oh I would actually like to see that since his wife is cheating on him anyway. They'd make a nice couple.

Remember his face when he saw her in that dress? They were laughing about it in the commentary!

Oh I'd love to see that. Although she seems a bit clingy and unsure of herself and he's quite good looking and works a lot, could be complicated. But I would like her to be happy with a man who reciprocate her feelings. And she wouldn't cheat on him with the PE teacher.

If I remember correctly Lestrades reaction to Mollys dress wasn't in the script, Rupert improvised a bit here. How sweet.

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 5, 2013 12:05 pm  #547

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

August 5, 2013 1:05 pm  #548

Ha ha, I'm back now after geeking out over Doctor Who XD

I think Molly will be much more mature in this series, which I can't wait to see.  It seemed like she had grown up a lot in that last episode.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 5, 2013 1:06 pm  #549

I have never found Molly to be immature.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 5, 2013 1:07 pm  #550

She has to have some steel to work in a morgue...

August 5, 2013 1:19 pm  #551

kittykat wrote:

She has to have some steel to work in a morgue...

Yes, and not to forget her rather odd idea of being comforting  to somebody combined with an equally odd sense of humour, e.g. when Mrs. Hudson complains about her hip and Molly says "I've seen worse, but then I do post-mortems". Loved that bit!

And it definitely took guts to directly talk to Sherlock about his emotions the way she did in "Reichenbach". I don't think many people would dare to do that.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

August 5, 2013 1:29 pm  #552

Yeah, that was perhaps when he realised that he could have been nicer to her because she's his friend. He says himself later that he's always trusted her. Perhaps it's John's influence on him that causes him to become more human like that. 

August 5, 2013 1:30 pm  #553

I agree, but I understand what sj4jy means. She was always a bit........ fangirlish. 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 5, 2013 1:31 pm  #554

I think she just fancied Sherlock...who could blame her?!

August 5, 2013 1:32 pm  #555

Oh, I don't!! 

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

August 5, 2013 1:38 pm  #556

Then she's one of us!

August 5, 2013 1:39 pm  #557

Of course she is, which is why we all love her.

August 5, 2013 1:42 pm  #558

Mattlocked wrote:

I agree, but I understand what sj4jy means. She was always a bit........ fangirlish.

She shares that with Moriarty.

August 5, 2013 1:44 pm  #559

She was emotionally immature, more like a 16 year old girl than a young professional.  We saw that start to change in TRF, when she confronted Sherlock about his feelings for her.  What was marked about it was that she wasn't upset with him, she just accepted that he felt that way about her and that, even so, she was still willing to help him.  Sherlock wasn't the only one on a journey.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 5, 2013 1:45 pm  #560

To sum it up: bringing Molly into the show and keeping her was just another streak of pure Mofftiss brilliance!

Board footera