BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 4, 2013 2:43 pm  #521

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

The latter is a given.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2013 2:45 pm  #522

Titania wrote:

yes it will kill us but it will be sooooooooooo good ..

Oh yes...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 4, 2013 3:09 pm  #523

Titania wrote:

Mmmhmm....death by Sherlock, can't think of a better way to go 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 4, 2013 3:10 pm  #524

Well because of, not by his hands!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2013 3:15 pm  #525

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Titania wrote:

At least we'd die happy

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 4, 2013 3:21 pm  #526

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Titania wrote:

At least we'd die happy

Yep 

August 4, 2013 3:22 pm  #527

besleybean wrote:

Well because of, not by his hands!

Teehee, of course! 

August 4, 2013 4:08 pm  #528

Anyway, what I was trying to say is that it's probable that John and Mary will know each other already from the beginning of the episode but it's rather improbable that they are presented as perfect couple. Moffat knows that this would only lead to disappointment amongst the fans. The John/Mary ship will develope as well as we saw Sherlock's and John's friendship increase. 
One episode is a long time to explore relationships - think of Pink and Scandal.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 4:08 pm  #529

the_dancing_woman wrote:

And in all honesty I also think John doesn't stand much of chance of meeting and keeping a woman  through and past the early stages of a relationship with Sherlock around , so Mary coming in while Sherlock is gone is a brilliant idea. She would then, of course, know the story of Sherlock Holmes through John and know exactly who she is dealing with when he comes back.

I totally agree. I think Sherlock would first of all have to respect a woman John is interested in before he actuallly would admit to liking her. And I guess he doesn't have any other choice than to respect Mary for being with John while he, Sherlock, was away. I'd like to think that she was the one who kept John going, who was there for him, who helped him through his mourning. To say it in not so kind words: I'd like to think that she was the one who took care of the mess Sherlock left John in by faking his death.
So, Sherlock would have to be grateful to her for that, wouldn't he? And that would give him the opportunity to take a closer look at that woman and not call her 'boring' or anything like that after just two seconds.

Just my theories, of course, it might turn out to be completely different.

But as for the shipping: No shipping of John and Mary for me, I've already got two boys to ship.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 4, 2013 4:11 pm  #530

I think they are already in a relationship when Sherlock comes back.  She and John just seem so intimate already.  Plus, it's a really quick marriage if they meet in episode 1 and get married in 2.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 4, 2013 4:13 pm  #531

The episodes don't run to real life time, you know!

August 4, 2013 4:45 pm  #532

besleybean wrote:

The episodes don't run to real life time, you know!

Exactly my point.

And as for the shipping.... oh I actually ship everybody in that show. Except maybe Mystrade and other extreme impossible pairings. That's all.

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 4:49 pm  #533

It'll be interesting to see if Lestrade and Molly do get together...tho I suppose Greg would have to get divorced 1st!

August 4, 2013 4:55 pm  #534

besleybean wrote:

It'll be interesting to see if Lestrade and Molly do get together...tho I suppose Greg would have to get divorced 1st!

Oh I would actually like to see that since his wife is cheating on him anyway. They'd make a nice couple.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 4:56 pm  #535

I know they don't run in real time...but I still think that if we DO see them meet, it will be more like a flashback of sorts.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 4, 2013 4:59 pm  #536

John could have met Mary soon after losing Sherlock...

August 4, 2013 5:00 pm  #537

Possible. I think they're at least already dating when Sherlock returns. And then we'll see their relationship develope until it has reached the point where a marriage is thinkable.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 4, 2013 5:06 pm  #538

I really think that's between John and Mary!

August 4, 2013 5:13 pm  #539

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Oh I would actually like to see that since his wife is cheating on him anyway. They'd make a nice couple.

Remember his face when he saw her in that dress? They were laughing about it in the commentary!

August 4, 2013 5:17 pm  #540

kittykat wrote:

Mary Me wrote:

besleybean wrote:

Remember his face when he saw her in that dress? They were laughing about it in the commentary!

Oh. God. Yes. I think it was that scene that started the whole Molly/Lestrade ship. Only Molly is Lestrade's division.

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

Board footera