BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 3, 2013 1:29 pm  #41

Re: Official Sherlock Series 3 Trailer

SolarSystem, reunionon in the park would be nice but I'm not sure if this reunion will take place in such area like park. But photo You put here made me think that it would be really nice and pleasant to see.

Science has not yet taught us if madness is or is not the sublimity of the intelligence.

August 3, 2013 1:30 pm  #42

kittykat wrote:

SolarSystem wrote:

kittykat wrote:

I think the moustache is probably fake. Martin didn't have one when promoting The Hobbit in December, and they started filming in March where he was seen with a moustache. Is it possible to grow one in just three months?

Yes, I definitely think so!

That it's fake or possible to grow one? Someone should ask him...

That it's possible to have it grow in just three months. Certainly depends, but my boyfriend would probably need no more than six weeks.

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2013 1:36 pm  #43

Depends on the man himself, I guess! If he can grow one so soon or not. 

I could ask my dad when he comes home; he had one back in the 70s. I've seen photos, it's hilarious!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 3, 2013 1:36 pm  #44

SherlockianDE wrote:

Oh that's great, because in my opinion it looks just absolutely terrible on John :-) and it also looks quite fake to me, I might add. Don't think Martin Freeman actually grew one for the filming...

I don't really like it, either, but I have to say: it makes him look rather serious, a bit older, and I suppose that makes some sense for the beginning of S3.
And because someone said that Sherlock might make a deduction out of it: I suppose he will deduce John from head to toes, the question will only be if they show us that deduction or not. But I mean hey, it's Sherlock... he just has to do that with John after such a long time.

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 3, 2013 1:36 pm)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 3, 2013 1:44 pm  #45

Oh I hate mustaches. Beards are ok (well, not too long at least) though not my cup of tea, but really, mustaches... I guess they were fine, but in another century... ha ha.

Anyway, I've watched this again, and realised that I tought John was alone at the table (I thought that, if it was Mary having dinner with him, she had gone to the toilets or something), but I realised I was probably wrong. That look he has when he sips at his glass. He seems to be looking at someone and I even wonder if he's not talking at the end of the scene. Still, that napkin... Let's say Mary's sitting in front of him at that moment (in what looks like a posh restaurant. If it's Mary, then I'd totally imagine John doing a marriage proposal in such a place), then that'd be an inappropriate way to keep a napkin: it'd be either laid on her (??) lap or placed properly on the table.

Ah well, we're not done torturing our mind, i guess!

Just like old times...

August 3, 2013 1:58 pm  #46

Just showed my dad the trailer; he says it's not enough!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 3, 2013 2:29 pm  #47

Nobody around me seem interested by the trailer...I will show them nevertheless!!!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 3, 2013 2:39 pm  #48

Swanpride wrote:

I think it suits him, but it's most likely fake. The colouring is way to even, a real mustache looks never so perfect.

It's fake.  Very fake.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 3, 2013 2:40 pm  #49

To quote Sherlock, "It's a very good fake, then!"

August 3, 2013 8:57 pm  #50

I thought I couldn't handle my excitement at the airing of the teaser yesterday - imagine how I felt when I woke up this morning and saw Mark's tweet that it was real footage!

SPOILER ALERT

If anyone is interested in juicy details, I made a post of my analysis of the teaser. I would copy it here but it's very long. http://the-brain-attic.tumblr.com/post/57270345123/my-observations-in-the-sherlock-series-3-teaser

Last edited by vaticancameos (August 3, 2013 9:19 pm)

I have taken to living by my wits.

The Brain Attic

August 3, 2013 9:09 pm  #51

Swanpride wrote:

so...you think that Sherlock comes back during a heat wave?

Well, Benedict puts us all in heat, doesn't he?

August 3, 2013 9:12 pm  #52

I don't know, I mean, Lestrade is wearing a scarf and warm coat. Perhaps Mycroft sweats a lot and his office is poorly ventilated. Who knows, we'll have to wait another six months to find out

I have taken to living by my wits.

The Brain Attic

August 3, 2013 10:21 pm  #53

The moustache is quite expected, ever other Watson had one in the previous films or series? Right?  Even the mouse detective ;) as my good friend pointed out when i showed him the mash up fan vid

But personally i prefer him without one. Our Watson was perfect the way be was.
Oh and by the way, *freaks out about trailer*
Can't believe it is still that long until we get to see the masterpiece

August 3, 2013 10:28 pm  #54

In the RDJ movies, Jude Law has a moustache.

August 4, 2013 2:19 am  #55

kittykat wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

That's an understatement!  I kinda feel sorry for the poor guy....

-------------------------------------------------------

August 4, 2013 8:54 am  #56

This is so f...ing beautiful, almost better than the original:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-yhiXn6QSM

Last edited by the_dancing_woman (August 4, 2013 8:57 am)

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 4, 2013 9:01 am  #57

kittykat wrote:

Swanpride wrote:

Oh yes !!!!!!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 4, 2013 9:03 am  #58

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Great, you made me almost cry on this beautiful morning with that video

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

August 4, 2013 10:01 am  #59

SherlockianDE wrote:

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Great, you made me almost cry on this beautiful morning with that video

Same here. And I'd say it is better than the original.

August 4, 2013 10:24 am  #60

Although Mr Gatiss confirmed that the footage from the teaser is from series 3 he didn't exactly say which episode, didn't he?

I think it might well be that the scenes are just eddited together that we get a little plot with Sherlock coming back to his "friends" and family.
The Mycroft-scene with the portable fan on his desk indicates that it is very warm, so summer. Conclusion: Not ep 1.

Board footera