BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2013 11:15 pm  #361

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

This is one of the ones I saw;

It's not just the coat and scarf, but the gloves too...I don't remember John ever wearing leather gloves, Sherlock sure did though. And just look at his face, so sad , whenever I watch The Reichenbach Fall, most of what makes me cry is seeing John in pain, seeing Sherlock fall is sad enough, but seeing John so...heartbroken, pushes me over the edge every time 

-------------------------------------------------------

August 2, 2013 11:27 pm  #362

Wow, haven't seen those pics before! But the coat and scarf...that's got to be a sign of definite grief

He misses his best friend

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 11:41 pm  #363

kittykat wrote:

Wow, haven't seen those pics before! But the coat and scarf...that's got to be a sign of definite grief

Very, very much so *cries* 

August 2, 2013 11:43 pm  #364

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Oh God, the feels!

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 2, 2013 11:47 pm  #365

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

Oh God, the feels!

Indeed , I only just saw those particular pics yesterday...and god, my heart broke for John all over again. And now, after seeing the trailer and the look on Sherlock's face at the end, my heart is breaking for him too.... 

Last edited by SilverMoonDragonB (August 2, 2013 11:48 pm)

August 2, 2013 11:50 pm  #366

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

kittykat wrote:

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

Oh God, the feels!

Indeed , I only just saw those particular pics yesterday...and god, my heart broke for John all over again. And now, after seeing the trailer and the look on Sherlock's face at the end, my heart is breaking for him too.... 

I'm a Psychology student and we've covered grief after loss. I reckon we might see signs of it from John in the first episode

August 3, 2013 6:03 am  #367

Thanks for the pix everybody and the trailer is just...umph.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 3, 2013 7:08 am  #368

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

This is one of the ones I saw;

It's not just the coat and scarf, but the gloves too...I don't remember John ever wearing leather gloves, Sherlock sure did though. And just look at his face, so sad , whenever I watch The Reichenbach Fall, most of what makes me cry is seeing John in pain, seeing Sherlock fall is sad enough, but seeing John so...heartbroken, pushes me over the edge every time 

Oh, I am in love with that picture (despite the moustache)

I can't wait to see Sherlock and John reunite, after last night's trailer the anticipation is worse than ever

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

August 3, 2013 8:13 am  #369

I lay awake half of the night because of all this, and I tried to bring the restaurant scene together with bits and pieces of setlock spoilers.

My theory is that Sherlock might be intruding on John and Mary (you can see a napkin on the left side of the table, as though someone opposite of John has put it there) just as John is about to propose (he does seem a little fidgety, but could as well be my imagination). That and the fact that he's suddenly back from the dead might upset John, and they somehow end up in that Kebap Shop where John headbutts Sherlock's nose (Sherlock's been heard to shout "I wasn't dead" during their argument which preceded the punch).

*jumps up and down with excitement* Let's all do the time warp, we might end up in January so the waiting's got an end...

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 3, 2013 8:26 am  #370

As usual, I guess we can't even begin to imagine what will really happen- it probably won't be as simple as it seems. =)

I also bet that Sherlock will at one point say something very "bit not good" about the caterpillar err mustache.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Why, why? I mean, why, why?"
"Four excellent questions."

August 3, 2013 8:45 am  #371

I don't know why I'm awake but I'm certainl not surprised to find myself here.

PS. That is an amazing pic of John with the scarf.  Martin looks absolutely fabulous.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Proud President and Founder of the OSAJ.  
Honorary German  
"Anyone who takes himself too seriously always runs the risk of looking ridiculous; anyone who can consistently laugh at himself does not".
 -Vaclav Havel 
"Life is full of wonder, Love is never wrong."   Melissa Ethridge

I ship it harder than Mrs. Hudson.

August 3, 2013 9:06 am  #372

Kerkerian wrote:

As usual, I guess we can't even begin to imagine what will really happen- it probably won't be as simple as it seems. =).

My thoughts exactly. And I love that, because I really want them to surprise me.
When I watched the first two series I didn't know anything about it, and looking back I would say that was so great... because I didn't have the slightest clue about anything. Won't happen like that this time, and sometimes that makes me kind of sad... because although it's really fun to think about what might happen and to look at pics from the set and all that jazz, I sometimes think that the effect when finally watching S3 would be far bigger if I didn't know anything about it.

But well, I wouldn't wanna miss the discussions and the craziness on this board for the world!

edit: Oh, and about the moustache, I saw pics of that before and I thought and still think that it makes John look about ten years older, don't you think? Which fits, after all he had a lot to go through after Sherlocks 'death'...

Last edited by SolarSystem (August 3, 2013 9:10 am)

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

August 3, 2013 9:13 am  #373

Here's another one, just sad, sad, sad:

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant

August 3, 2013 9:24 am  #374

SilverMoonDragonB wrote:

I don't remember John ever wearing leather gloves, Sherlock sure did though.

Oh, but he did, in TGG:

August 3, 2013 9:33 am  #375

Mr Gatiss clarified that the footage we saw in the teaser was in fact actual footage from series 3.
Sherlockology apologised about their article where they said otherwise.

August 3, 2013 10:02 am  #376

Sorry, but I'm still trying to cope with the fact that Sherlock's face at the end of the teaser is actually from series 3. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

August 3, 2013 10:28 am  #377

SusiGo wrote:

Sorry, but I'm still trying to cope with the fact that Sherlock's face at the end of the teaser is actually from series 3. 

Are there bruises at the left side of his mouth? Or is it a shadow?

Last edited by Be (August 3, 2013 10:28 am)

August 3, 2013 10:36 am  #378

SusiGo wrote:

Know what you mean, but then again: Call me masochistic, but I'm really hoping to see lots of emotions in Sherlock's face in the first episode. I want him to make me cry, as weird as it may sound.

August 3, 2013 10:38 am  #379

Be wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

Are there bruises at the left side of his mouth? Or is it a shadow?

Shadow, I'd say.

August 3, 2013 12:23 pm  #380

Well, this doesn't surprise me, because the situations were exactly right.  Sherlock and John are in the Daffodil, where John is dining with Mary.  I don't think he reveals himself there, since they yell and fight (and Sherlock receives a bloody nose) in the kebab restaurant.  But either way, I'm still glad

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

Board footera