BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2012 4:07 am  #1

New divisions for a better overview?

As we are growing bigger now  I often lose track within all the threads.
Especially the ones on the Reichenbach theories have become really large and confusing to me.
Is there a possibility to split them somehow? Maybe under keywords like "rubber ball", "cyclist", "Molly" etc.
Our new members may not be expected to read through everything we wrote since February about Reichenbach.

btw: What about a community section? This would be the right place for the absence thread or general announcements by our mods.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2012 6:22 am  #2

Re: New divisions for a better overview?

Hrm that sounds like a project. I might see if I can find some time to put together an index. Or someone else can.

Sometimes a sticky index at the top with links to threads that cover various topics so they don't get lost can be helpful.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dislike being outnumbered. It makes for too much stupid in the room

May 30, 2012 6:37 am  #3

Hmm I'm not sure it'd be possible to break the Reichenbach one any further. Usually more than one thing could be in the posts, and it would fragment the discussion a lot.
Yes it does mean newcomers may have to read some past posts, but even now newer members are posting 'reveals' that have been discussed ages ago. Its just the nature of the beast really.
Splitting the forum up too much will get very messy indeed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

May 30, 2012 4:39 pm  #4

The "what are your theories" thread is basically for everyone to give their opinions and different theories and each person's theory is likely to contain more than one aspect to it, for example - the rubber ball and the truck. Like kazza said, it would be pretty difficult to split it up.

If somebody had the time to do it we could have separate threads explaining the significance of certain items. Like you said, we could, for example, have a thread called Rubber Ball that explains what some people think about it. But in some ways that might just make things even more confusing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 30, 2012 4:40 pm  #5

The community section is basically the "other" section. I'm happy to rename it Community if people would prefer that.

Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

May 30, 2012 4:42 pm  #6

Why not? Sounds like a good idea to me!

John: "Have you spoken to Mycroft, Molly, uh, anyone?"
Mrs Hudson: "They don’t matter. You do."

I BELIEVE IN SERIES 5!

May 30, 2012 5:53 pm  #7

Maybe we can call it The Sock Drawer!

Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

May 31, 2012 1:04 am  #8

Or the coal scuttle...

"Perfectly sound analysis. I was hoping you would go a little deeper."

May 31, 2012 2:30 am  #9

Hmm if we ever need a 'no holds barred' section, we'll name it "The Grimpen Minefield"

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Also, please note that sentences can also end in full stops. The exclamation mark can be overused.
Sherlock Holmes 28 March 13:08

Mycroft’s popularity doesn’t surprise me at all. He is, after all, incredibly beautiful, clever and well-dressed. And beautiful. Did I mention that?
--Mark Gatiss

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
Robert McCloskey

Board footera