BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 2, 2013 5:09 am  #1041

Re: Chit-chat

9 days left before we come to London! I am excited and nervous at the same time. I know that London is very crowded and we will be using the tub system to get around. Crowds make me panick a little but I am very excited to be visiting the city.
We have already gotten tickets to The London Dungeon, The Aquarium, The Eye, & Buckingham Palace. We got train tickets to go to Cardiff to go to the Doctor Who Experience. We plan to go see 221B Baker street and a few other places. We have a long time - more so than our other stops. We will arrive in London on a Sunday morning and leave the following Thursday evening so there should be plenty of time to see all the "important" sights!

How warm is it in the UK right now? I have been told by several people who have visited different places around Europe that Italy is brutally hot this time of year. We are visiting 4 cities in Italy so I guess I am wondering how we will fare in those temps. (I was told 100 and muggy) I tend to wilt in the heat. I'm still looking forward to seeing these cities even if I melt along the way! :-)

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

August 4, 2013 11:54 am  #1042

It was around 33 degrees on Thursday. Less warm yesterday and today. Over the next 7 days the maximum temperature will be around 28 degrees where I live (not that far from London) and humidity will be up to 97%! Here it is the humidity which makes it feel hotter. We have had a few isolated big thunder storms the last few days.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't make people into heroes John. Heroes don't exist and if they did I wouldn't be one of them.

August 4, 2013 2:50 pm  #1043

It's as warm as the south of France where I live !! I will go the south of Wales next week, is it cooler than London?

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

August 4, 2013 8:03 pm  #1044

Just thought:  who on here lives in Munich or Milan?
I will be in your fair cities at Christmas and New Year respectively!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

August 4, 2013 8:35 pm  #1045

AliceI wrote:

9 days left before we come to London! I am excited and nervous at the same time. I know that London is very crowded and we will be using the tub system to get around. Crowds make me panick a little but I am very excited to be visiting the city.
We have already gotten tickets to The London Dungeon, The Aquarium, The Eye, & Buckingham Palace. We got train tickets to go to Cardiff to go to the Doctor Who Experience. We plan to go see 221B Baker street and a few other places. We have a long time - more so than our other stops. We will arrive in London on a Sunday morning and leave the following Thursday evening so there should be plenty of time to see all the "important" sights!

How warm is it in the UK right now? I have been told by several people who have visited different places around Europe that Italy is brutally hot this time of year. We are visiting 4 cities in Italy so I guess I am wondering how we will fare in those temps. (I was told 100 and muggy) I tend to wilt in the heat. I'm still looking forward to seeing these cities even if I melt along the way! :-)

If you have time I suggest you visit The Tower Of London. It's such an amazing place with so much history x

He does love to be dramatic.
Well, thank god you're above all that!

August 5, 2013 1:16 pm  #1046

nicbooful wrote:

AliceI wrote:

If you have time I suggest you visit The Tower Of London. It's such an amazing place with so much history x

Just stay away from strange men in baseball caps who dance to classical music

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 8, 2013 8:59 pm  #1047

Just had a great family day at the ballpark watching the Pittsburgh Pirates and Miami Marlins.  Quite a hot day, and with two little ones, we only made it to the 6th inning, but it was still quite fun

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

August 14, 2013 2:23 pm  #1048

Will be going to Chester Zoo tomorrow with my dad The website says they've got tiger and cheetah cubs! And they've always got baby meerkats, which are simply adorable

I'll take my camera and bring back some photos for you guys

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

August 14, 2013 2:27 pm  #1049

Awww, I've always loved cheetahs since I was a little child. My favorite animals. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

August 14, 2013 2:31 pm  #1050

Want me to take a photo of them? Any other requests from anyone? Post them here and I'll see what I can do I have been before, so I mostly remember what they have there.

I draw the line at spiders, though; I'm arachnophobic. They've got these big bugs this year and I am NOT going near the big spiders *shudders*

August 15, 2013 7:37 pm  #1051

Got back a little while ago, will upload photos either tonight or tomorrow

August 16, 2013 8:21 pm  #1052

Ran some errands today, and one of them was to order my son's birthday cake.  Just two problems with this:

1. I had my 4 year old daughter
2. I had my almost 2 year old son

When we went in, the look on their faces were priceless.  Cries of "Wow!" and their little faces pressed up against the glass as they pointed at the treats they liked the most.  However, those turned into screams and tantrums as I tried to get them away from the glass so that I could order the cake.

Lesson learned?

Get the cookie first.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

October 31, 2013 1:10 am  #1053

Well, finally got some Halloween pictures XD  The kids were pretty cute this year:

My daughter was Die Königin der Nacht (The Queen of the Night) from Mozart's "Die Zauberflöte" (The Magic Flute).  

And my son was the 10th Doctor from "Doctor Who" (David Tennant):

October 31, 2013 4:43 pm  #1054

I love that he's even wearing little red converse's…     Happy All Hallow's Eve!!   Wonder how many Sherlock's are wandering the world tonight… 

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

October 31, 2013 5:52 pm  #1055

sj4iy wrote:

Well, finally got some Halloween pictures XD  The kids were pretty cute this year:

My daughter was Die Königin der Nacht (The Queen of the Night) from Mozart's "Die Zauberflöte" (The Magic Flute).  

*melt*  So precious.

"His name is Joshua.  It's from the Bible.  It means deliverance."

"No it isn't."

*curious look*

"I speak Horse.  His name is Susan, and he'd like you to accept his life choices."

October 31, 2013 10:04 pm  #1056

What gorgeous kids! You are very blessed.
Your daughter's costume is beautiful.

November 1, 2013 2:04 am  #1057

Thank you  We definitely feel blessed, they are wonderful children

November 1, 2013 12:02 pm  #1058

Trying to get a job that would be perfect for me...really hoping it works out!

November 1, 2013 2:20 pm  #1059

kittykat wrote:

Trying to get a job that would be perfect for me...really hoping it works out!

Good luck!  What are you looking for?

"His name is Joshua.  It's from the Bible.  It means deliverance."

"No it isn't."

*curious look*

"I speak Horse.  His name is Susan, and he'd like you to accept his life choices."

November 1, 2013 8:03 pm  #1060

sj4iy wrote:

Your kids are beautiful as always Nice costumes!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

Board footera