BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 31, 2013 11:10 am  #261

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

I don't worry about "Mary dead or alive" or any relationship. And I wouldn't want to change anything.
All I worry about is that I might not survive the next cliffhanger.  And then waiting for I-don't-know-how-many-years.

"After all this time?" "Always."
Good bye, Lord Rickman of the Alan

July 31, 2013 11:16 am  #262

Mattlocked wrote:

I don't worry about "Mary dead or alive" or any relationship. And I wouldn't want to change anything.
All I worry about is that I might not survive the next cliffhanger. And then waiting for I-don't-know-how-many-years.

I don't mind that either. TRF was the best cliffhanger of all. And the puzzle kept me occupied for a really long time. If Mofftiss are able to top that....
Go on. Do it.
As long as they do a fourth series and provide another puzzle or something to feed our imagination at least for some time I am fine.

July 31, 2013 11:20 am  #263

Be wrote:

I don't understand why you all worry so much.

Well, I'm not really 'worried' (even tough my comment may have sounded like that). I don't have a problem with dark episodes or dark endings, I probably won't have a problem with anything they do in S3. I just expect them to try to top S2 in so many ways, and that for me means that the ending will not be a lighthearted one. But I'm looking forward to that as well, I really want them to make me go 'Oh. My. God.'. And I won't complain (well, at least not seriously).

To something a bit different, about Sherlock on German television: I certainly don't want to wait that long, so I definitely will order S3 in the UK as soon as it is released. (Will it even be on German television? Has anybody heared anything?) This really is the first time though that I would reeaally like to see a show when it's airing in the UK, has anyone of the German fans here any advice for me how to do that? Maybe via PM?

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 31, 2013 12:04 pm  #264

I really don't understand why it takes them months to air it in Germany. "The Fifth Estate" will be released over here two months before coming to British cinemas. So why can't they do this with a TV programme as well?

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 31, 2013 12:20 pm  #265

SusiGo wrote:

I really don't understand why it takes them months to air it in Germany. "The Fifth Estate" will be released over here two months before coming to British cinemas. So why can't they do this with a TV programme as well?

It might have to do with the availability of the voices? The actors who have to do the dubbing might not always be available on time. And it's probably almost impossible to do the booking too much in advance, since the BBC doesn't even seem to know when it will air in the UK (or do they know and they just don't tell us?).

"I see no shame in having an unhealthy obsession with something." - David Tennant
"We did observe." - David Tennant in "Richard II"

July 31, 2013 12:31 pm  #266

Addiction....you're absolutely right
and the waiting is killing me...and I fear it will be worse at the end of season 3!

---------------------------------------
Enjoy the silence
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." - Albert Schweitzer

July 31, 2013 1:13 pm  #267

I'm not worried at all...on the contrary, I'm quite excited.  I can't wait to see the changes, especially in the relationships between the characters.  We already know that Sherlock gets bored without John around...what sort of craziness will he get up to?  How will he and Molly get on?  Sherlock and Mary?  "Gavin" Lestrade?  And, most of all, Donovan and Anderson?  The fun of stories is when their characters evolve and the story changes.  I'm glad the the writers are taking that to heart.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 31, 2013 1:15 pm  #268

I loved the "Gavin" Lestrade thing in that clip...he still doesn't get it right!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 31, 2013 1:19 pm  #269

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 31, 2013 1:20 pm  #270

Looks like they're recording the score!

https://twitter.com/DavidGArnold/status/362528571098546177/photo/1

Last edited by kittykat (July 31, 2013 1:22 pm)

July 31, 2013 1:21 pm  #271

Yes, yes it is

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 31, 2013 1:23 pm  #272

I thought it was for Episode 3 at first, but I can't really make out the number

July 31, 2013 1:53 pm  #273

SusiGo wrote:

Maybe they will be faster with season 3 or we could send those dubbing folks a petition...or we could threaten them

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 31, 2013 1:57 pm  #274

Wrong thread!

July 31, 2013 1:59 pm  #275

My bad

July 31, 2013 3:25 pm  #276

SusiGo wrote:

I think he might be a totally different sort of villain - working more or less on his own, a cool and logical mind, not a psychopath like Moriarty. Maybe someone who loves to have power over people and use it to milk money from them.
I hope he will be as different from Moriarty as possible. And I assume that Sherlock took care of Moriarty's net during the time of his absence with the possible exception of Moran. 

I fully agree with you. Scott portrayed a brillaint Moriarty, now we need someone totally different, otherwise we would sure be dissapointed by the new villain's performance. In the story Milverton is portrayed as a cool guy,  someone who doesn't entertain any personal enimity but never hesitate to damage others' reputation and thus destoy their lives purely for money. So he is not a man ruled by emotion. Very different from Scott's Moriarty. 

Btw, this new villain makes me think of Jade Harris.

July 31, 2013 4:59 pm  #277

Jonquille wrote:

Stop scaring me ! 

Come on. Be fair. He was gorgeous in every possible way. So happy BAFTA was appreciating Andrew's performance. Well deserved. I would like to see him again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 31, 2013 5:04 pm  #278

holmes23 wrote:

SusiGo wrote:

I think he might be a totally different sort of villain - working more or less on his own, a cool and logical mind, not a psychopath like Moriarty. Maybe someone who loves to have power over people and use it to milk money from them.
I hope he will be as different from Moriarty as possible. And I assume that Sherlock took care of Moriarty's net during the time of his absence with the possible exception of Moran. 

I fully agree with you. Scott portrayed a brillaint Moriarty, now we need someone totally different, otherwise we would sure be dissapointed by the new villain's performance. In the story Milverton is portrayed as a cool guy, someone who doesn't entertain any personal enimity but never hesitate to damage others' reputation and thus destoy their lives purely for money. So he is not a man ruled by emotion. Very different from Scott's Moriarty.

Btw, this new villain makes me think of Jade Harris.

Yes, I agree with the both of you. Moriarty was the type of villain that you could easily adore. I suppose Magnussen won't be that way. I also expect him to be the serious guy, a cool-headed mind and we will be freaking scared of him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 31, 2013 5:04 pm  #279

Holmes23, I had the Jared Harris idea as well. But to me Mikkelsen looks even colder. A kind of icy look. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 31, 2013 5:10 pm  #280

Mary Me wrote:

Yes, I agree with the both of you. Moriarty was the type of villain that you could easily adore. I suppose Magnussen won't be that way. I also expect him to be the serious guy, a cool-headed mind and we will be freaking scared of him.

I have an inkling you might be right.

But then again in the end we will be scared, and it will still be great fun, watch out!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

Board footera