BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 30, 2013 11:24 am  #221

Re: Series 3 discussion SPOILER THREAD!!! WARNING!!! SPOILERS!!!

Ooh!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2013 11:30 am  #222

Yep, it's a countdown. Any new ideas what this could be all about?

Maybe something hidden in the "Reichenbach" episode...

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 30, 2013 11:42 am  #223

stoertebeker wrote:

I don't know the actor, yet. Pity, it's not his brother - Mads Mikkelsen would be great villain. But if Lars Mikkelsen has the same talent and charisma like his brother, his character will be a brilliant adversary to Sherlock.

I know Lars Mikkelsen from The Killing. I really liked him there but he played a nice character there, not a villain.

Do you watch Hannibal? *whispers*

Last edited by Lily (July 30, 2013 11:45 am)

--------------------------------

"Yes, of course I forgive you."

July 30, 2013 12:08 pm  #224

Lily wrote:

Do you watch Hannibal? *whispers*

Unfortunately not. It's not on German television yet.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 30, 2013 12:32 pm  #225

Swanpride wrote:

That's a reason, but not an excuse...there are always...alternative means (I certainly WON'T wait until Sherlock is shown over here).

Yeah, that's true. I won't wait until series 3 is shown in Germany, either. But as I am also not very fond of these psychopath-stuff like Dexter & Co., I'm going to wait for Hannibal until it is available here on free TV. I would give it a try, mostly because I like Mads Mikkelsen very much.

But we're getting away from the subject .

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"There is a place for people like you, the desperate, the terrified. The ones with nowhere else to run."
"What place?"
"221B Baker Street."

July 30, 2013 1:15 pm  #226

Now that's interesting.  I have no clue what it is, though.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.
Bigby: Wait, that doesn’t make se-
Coline: Just give me a drink, please.

July 30, 2013 1:51 pm  #227

My prediction for this new nemesis;

We know that Moriarty had a large network of people working for him; Sherlock says just as much during the trial. It makes sense to me that he would have a second-in-command, someone to take over if he died; Moriarty was a very clever criminal.

Now, consider how much Moriarty was built up in Series 1 before we even met him. When Molly introduced him to Sherlock, I had no idea who he really was, and then there was all those "puzzles" with Moriarty pulling the strings. I find it hard to believe that we've heard the last of him, even though he's dead. That's where this new nemesis comes in; to torment Sherlock on Moriarty's behalf.

So, I predict that this new guy, for the purposes of the show, is taking over as the head of Moriarty's network. There's always someone there to take over in groups like that, like in the Mafia. He looks pretty normal, but they tend to be the most dangerous. Look at Moriarty's first appearance in the hospital; he looked harmless and we soon learnt different. And he was a good actor, during the scene in Kitty's house. I have a feeling that this new guy will be just as dangerous, and that makes me worry for our boys

Any thoughts? 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 30, 2013 2:09 pm  #228

I think he might be a totally different sort of villain - working more or less on his own, a cool and logical mind, not a psychopath like Moriarty. Maybe someone who loves to have power over people and use it to milk money from them.
I hope he will be as different from Moriarty as possible. And I assume that Sherlock took care of Moriarty's net during the time of his absence with the possible exception of Moran. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 30, 2013 2:11 pm  #229

He's a blackmail artist without any connection to anyone in the books.  I want Moriarty to be dead...dead, dead.  After "the empty hearse" is done, I want the ghost buried alongside the body.  Otherwise, the show will never move on, grow and change.

__________________________________________________________________Bigby: Will you shut up?
Colin: Well, maybe if my throat wasn’t so parched, I wouldn’t have to keep talking.

July 30, 2013 2:13 pm  #230

Okay, sorry Just putting my thoughts out there...

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

July 30, 2013 2:40 pm  #231

I hope that Moriarty has handled it so that he's even in death an extreme danger. I wouldn't let him go that fast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 30, 2013 3:22 pm  #232

kittykat wrote:

Okay, sorry Just putting my thoughts out there...

No apologies necessary!  We're all just throwing out things...none of us know anything, really.  I just don't want Moriarty to still be there, because I think there's so much they can do without him.

July 30, 2013 3:29 pm  #233

In every interview, The Team have said Moriarty is done.  He will be there for flashbacks of course.
But pointless making a big reveal of the new villain, if M is still around.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

July 30, 2013 3:58 pm  #234

Shame really. I'll actually kind of miss that crazy lunatic

July 30, 2013 4:24 pm  #235

Yes I love Moriarty to bits, but he had run his course.
Will definitely miss him.

July 30, 2013 5:02 pm  #236

besleybean wrote:

Yes I love Moriarty to bits, but he had run his course.
Will definitely miss him.

This ^. Moriarty was so awesome! In a villain kind of way , Scott did such a fantastic job portraying him! Certainly out of all the adaptations I've seen, he was favourite Moriarty . I am really excited though about seeing this new villain, just one more reason to be looking forward to season 3! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 30, 2013 6:24 pm  #237

Just like Irene Adler is THE woman, for me Moriarty was just THE villan.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 30, 2013 7:28 pm  #238

I think having a new villain will make it fresh and new again, which is why I'm so excited.  They had such a huge build-up and finale for Moriarty, and I don't think they would spoil it by trying to bring him back in it somehow.  Because, really- how could they possibly beat TRF?

July 30, 2013 7:30 pm  #239

Well, I am happy I won't see M's face any more. It truly reminded me of a pervy I once met and I used to feel uneasy when he was on screen. 

Not a fan.

July 30, 2013 7:35 pm  #240

I adore Andrew and he is a class actor.
His talent will be sorely missed.

Board footera