BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 29, 2013 12:48 pm  #41

Re: His Last Vow filming begins Mon 29th July

Spolier-ish, but it's Sherlockology, it's fine.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eventually everyone will support Johnlock.

Independent OSAJ Affiliate

July 29, 2013 12:49 pm  #42

I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2013 12:52 pm  #43

ME TOO!!! OMG I'm so excited *dances*

I can't believe they're actually going to do Charles Augustus Milverton, it's one of my favorite canon stories. PLEASE let Sherlock get engaged just for the purpose of solving the case, like in the original

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
"I asked you for one more miracle. I asked you to stop being dead." 

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 29, 2013 12:53 pm  #44

Sooo exciting! 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2013 12:56 pm  #45

SherlockianDE wrote:

ME TOO!!! OMG I'm so excited *dances*

I can't believe they're actually going to do Charles Augustus Milverton, it's one of my favorite canon stories. PLEASE let Sherlock get engaged just for the purpose of solving the case, like in the original

Oh yes, please!! That would be quite a show!

------------------------------------------------------------------

"When you walk with Sherlock Holmes, you see the battlefield" M.H.

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

"Home is now behind you, the world is ahead."

July 29, 2013 12:58 pm  #46

the_dancing_woman wrote:

Oh yes, please!! That would be quite a show!

And that might indeed be Sherlock's Last Vow ever, hehe  *justguessing*

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 29, 2013 1:07 pm  #47

SherlockianDE wrote:

And that might indeed be Sherlock's Last Vow ever, hehe  *justguessing*

He,he 

And you are right, it is a great story in the canon and Charles Augustus Milverton is a wonderful villain. He definitely will give Sherlock something to chew on!
And if they stick close to the canon story we will get a few great John/Sherlock moments. Can't wait!

"My brother has the brain of scientist or a philosopher, and yet he elects to be a detective...what might we deduce about his heart?" M.H.

July 29, 2013 1:12 pm  #48

Also, Lars is Mads Mikkelsen's brother (Hannibal). Anyone watch Hannibal?

July 29, 2013 1:14 pm  #49

Ooooooh...this is promising!!!!! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2013 1:16 pm  #50

Here is something for you all to get an impression about Milverton from canon:

"Hum! He's about due. Do you feel a creeping, shrinking sensation, Watson, when you stand before the serpents in the Zoo, and see the slithery, gliding, venomous creatures, with their deadly eyes and wicked, flattened faces? Well, that's how Milverton impresses me. I've had to do with fifty murderers in my career, but the worst of them never gave me the repulsion which I have for this fellow. And yet I can't get out of doing business with him—indeed, he is here at my invitation.""But who is he?"

"I'll tell you, Watson. He is the king of all the blackmailers. Heaven help the man, and still more the woman, whose secret and reputation come into the power of Milverton! With a smiling face and a heart of marble, he will squeeze and squeeze until he has drained them dry. The fellow is a genius in his way, and would have made his mark in some more savoury trade. His method is as follows: He allows it to be known that he is prepared to pay very high sums for letters which compromise people of wealth and position. He receives these wares not only from treacherous valets or maids, but frequently from genteel ruffians, who have gained the confidence and affection of trusting women. He deals with no niggard hand. I happen to know that he paid seven hundred pounds to a footman for a note two lines in length, and that the ruin of a noble family was the result. Everything which is in the market goes to Milverton, and there are hundreds in this great city who turn white at his name. No one knows where his grip may fall, for he is far too rich and far too cunning to work from hand to mouth. He will hold a card back for years in order to play it at the moment when the stake is best worth winning. I have said that he is the worst man in London, and I would ask you how could one compare the ruffian, who in hot blood bludgeons his mate, with this man, who methodically and at his leisure tortures the soul and wrings the nerves in order to add to his already swollen money-bags?"

July 29, 2013 1:39 pm  #51

Sherlockology tweeted that there will be more....

July 29, 2013 1:44 pm  #52

Be wrote:

Uhh, I don't know if I can stomach so much information in one day! They are getting quite chatty today

July 29, 2013 1:47 pm  #53

Be wrote:

How am I supposed to get my work done with all this going on? *grumbling*

"I heard you."

(The Empty Hearse)

July 29, 2013 2:36 pm  #54

Be wrote:

*runs around the house screaming* Bring on the info!!!!! 

-------------------------------------------------------

July 29, 2013 5:45 pm  #55

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 29, 2013 5:48 pm  #56

Teases, all of them. 

------------------------------
"To fake the death of one sibling may be regarded as a misfortune; to fake the death of both looks like carelessness." Oscar Wilde about Mycroft Holmes

"It is what it is says love." (Erich Fried)

“Enjoy the journey of life and not just the endgame. I’m also a great believer in treating others as you would like to be treated.” (Benedict Cumberbatch)

July 29, 2013 6:02 pm  #57

They learned that from Gatiss! He's the master of teasing

----------
Normal is not something to aspire to, it's something to get away from!

July 29, 2013 6:09 pm  #58

going by his tweets I'm not liking this new villan. I mean, everyone who considers themselves better than Moriarty is supposed to FAIL. except sherlock of course. But Im a person who gives everything a first chance so we'll see...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Falling is just like flying, except there’s a more permanent destination."

"Sherlock Holmes is a great man, and I think one day—if we’re very very lucky—he might even be a good one."

"Would you like to-"
"-have dinner?"
"-solve crimes?"
"Oh"

July 29, 2013 6:18 pm  #59

I honestly just clapped my hands in delight, watching for Sue's tweet.  Sure, as many of you said, Moran would have been over-obvious (and used likely earlier, if at all), but as far as creative, creepy, fun villains go, we were even discussing Milverton a lot in speculation threads!  This is awesome!      Charles Augustus Magnussen.  Hmm.  Cool... not to mention being intrigued by their choice of actor, not knowing him so much as his well-known brother, who's also playing a villain of sorts in a just-as-crazy-as-us fandom.  Oh dear... watch out for tons of crossover stuff popping up in the next few days...     Great story, too.... I also hope they creatively repurpose a lot of elements from it, too!

We solve crimes, I blog about it, and he forgets his pants.  I wouldn't hold out too much hope!

Just this morning you were all tiny and small and made of clay!

I'm working my way up the greasy pole.  It's… very greasy.  And…  pole-shaped.

July 29, 2013 7:11 pm  #60

Oooooooh, new nemesis! Haven't read much of the canon yet so I don't really know him. But I'm looking forward to this! What's he like? Is he like Moriarty or completely different?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dean - "I'm not happy about it. But I got to move on. So I'm gonna keep doing what we do...while I still can. And I'd like you to be there with me."

Sam - "I'm your brother, Dean, if you ever need to talk about anything with anybody, you got someone right here next to you."

Board footera