BBC Sherlock Fan Forum - Serving Sherlockians since February 2012.

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 28, 2013 9:31 pm  #21

Re: MERLIN starring Colin Morgan

Sparrow wrote:

Yeah, I liked the ending, although I was dissapointed that we didn't see any of the much advertised "united land of Albion" where magic is once more accepted and blah blah. I mean throughout the entire show, this has been Merlin's "destiny" and what often kept him going and then we get an episode in which Arthur finds out the truth and dies without seeing any of the things they were "destined" to achieve together. 

Crap! That's how it ends? That sucks. I'm not sure that is even worth watching. I guess I will be changing the end of my story because that ending is wrong in every sense of the word. See now I'm ticked off. 

You are absolutely correct - no pay off. No great and wonderful Albion, Arthur dies? How in the blue blazes does he become the greatest King Camelot has ever seen if he dies while he is still barely more than a man? 

I won't bother even watching it. What a let down. 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 28, 2013 9:40 pm  #22

Erm, may I respectfully suggest that you ought to watch it, at least before offering an opinion on it!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

March 28, 2013 11:05 pm  #23

besleybean wrote:

Erm, may I respectfully suggest that you ought to watch it, at least before offering an opinion on it!

Here's the thing. I have now read these posts that have stated what the ending is. Why would I want to waste how ever many hours are left of the final season when I already know that I will be sorely dissapointed at the end? 

I didn't realize that the series was ending or I wouldn't have read this thread. Now I wish I hadn't. It's too late now. I can't un-know what I've learned. The fact that several people have now confirmed that Arthur is killed and there is no Golden Age for Camelot with Merlin at Arthur's side as he binds all the kingdoms into the great land of Albion as was promised right from the first season leads me to have an opinion even without seeing it. 

"I may be on the side of the angels,
but don't think for one second that I am one of them."

March 30, 2013 5:10 am  #24

Spoilers  were not quite  what I had in mind when I started this thread--,   but...moving on---SYFY (How selfish can they get?)  decided to stop airing Merlin at THE HOLLOW QUEEN  episode,  and Now I find they won't be back until May 4th  or  10th   with the remaining episodes.   I'll  keep you guys posted. 

I'm going to watch it.   You know,  soap operas and the like  bring ppl back from the dead all the time,   so...maybe,  just maybe,   If  Arthur dies,  then Merlin can find a way to bring him back to life.   That's what I think.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

March 30, 2013 8:56 am  #25

Total outrage in my household this morning...well from me at least and I'm 50%!  NO Merlin on TV tonight.  I can only assume last week's was the end of series 1 and that we'll get the sereies 2 re-run after Easter.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://professorfangirl.tumblr.com/post/105838327464/heres-an-outtake-of-mark-gatiss-on-the

April 21, 2013 5:27 am  #26

merlin will be back in first or 2nd week in May.   there are still 5 or 6  new episodes.  I  don't understand syfy's logic.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SHERLOCK!!!!!!

April 21, 2013 7:12 am  #27

Well it was back on TV l;ast night, but I missed it, cos I was out...I don't know about the previous 2 Saturdays cos my London TV didn't have BBC3.

Last edited by besleybean (April 21, 2013 7:12 am)

July 24, 2013 12:44 am  #28

I'm late to the party but hired the first season over the weekend and am already halfway through the second. It's really good. Really enjoying it so far. From what I've read I'm anticipating having my heart ripped out soon. You know because being a Superwholock fan already wasn't emotionally scarring enough!

================================================================

July 24, 2013 5:58 am  #29

Well yuo have a few more series before the heartbreak!

July 24, 2013 6:20 am  #30

besleybean wrote:

Well yuo have a few more series before the heartbreak!

Excellent! Probably by the end of the week with the rate I'm watching! Can't believe I haven't watched it before! *Hangs head in shame*

July 24, 2013 11:31 am  #31

Merlin! I liked it sooo much, quite sad it's over and still miss it a bit. I'd be happy to see Colin and Bradley together in a movie/tv show/anything else once again, they're so great in Merlin...

The Road goes ever on and on...

July 25, 2013 12:05 am  #32

I honestly had one of those overnight realisations with this show. I'd heard a lot about it never really gave it much thought but then I decided I have nothing else to watch so I'd give it a go. My brain honestly went from 'this is ok.' to 'I love this show. They are brilliant. I will not sleep until I have watched it all!'

July 25, 2013 7:15 am  #33

I may have already said on here.
I honestly just watched it for the pretty boys!
But the last episode is good.
Having said that, the series had run it's course.
Watching the early ones, they are better.
They simply ran out of steam and story lines.

Last edited by besleybean (July 25, 2013 7:15 am)

July 26, 2013 12:17 am  #34

I saw this online which is a pretty accurate idea of what most of the episodes are. They do follow a pretty standard format but I still enjoy it. I love the scenes with Merlin and Arthur.

July 26, 2013 7:12 am  #35

Tee Hee.

July 26, 2013 11:35 am  #36

This was made by a Merthur fan I believe, but it's quite true about the episodes

Michele wrote:

I saw this online which is a pretty accurate idea of what most of the episodes are. They do follow a pretty standard format but I still enjoy it.

Most episodes are like that but not all of them go by this pattern, mostly in season 5 (and 4? if I remember well) when the plot gets more serious and... hmm, "darker" and where there's less and less stuff basically out of the main plot.

The Road goes ever on and on...

Board footera